• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

So I accidentally deleted the .minecraft folder...

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Carrand
    Carrand

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:12 AM

When trying to re-install minecraft to get remove all the mods I had, my friend told me to delete the .minecraft folder located in Appdata.  I did, and now whenever I try to log into my account on minecraft.net, or minecraft itself, it gives me an error.

Please help, if I dont get this to work again I will be in   :GoldBar:  :GoldBar:  :: .
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

DaBiggman

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:18 AM

That's okay, don't panic!

Just run the game again and it will redownload itself.
Posted Image
Diamond Awards: 2

DaBiggman, you now have my favorite avatar on these forums

Carrand
    Carrand

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:20 AM

DaBiggman said:

Okay, it did let me run the game, but whenever I try to join a server it gives me the error, "Failed to connect: Bad Login"

DaBiggman

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:21 AM

This is a common error.  Either the server is down, you don't have access to it, or its a general error and you need to exit the game.
Posted Image
Diamond Awards: 2

DaBiggman, you now have my favorite avatar on these forums

Carrand
    Carrand

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:26 AM

DaBiggman said:

This is a common error.  Either the server is down, you don't have access to it, or its a general error and you need to exit the game.

The game decided to not let me login now, it says "Login Failed", and the option "Play offline" is scratched out, with the subtitle "Not Downloaded"

singapore123
  • Minecraft: singapore123

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:38 AM

On the new launcher, click "Options" and then click "Force Update".

Posted Image

daredeviler
  • Minecraft: daredeviler

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:41 AM

He deleted the entire .minecraft folder, not the bin folder.

Unfortunately, unless you have a backup of your worlds, you've lost them forever IF the deleted file is not located in the recycle bin. If it isn't in the recycle bin, just redownload minecraft from the minecraft homepage.

I'm willing to be an alpha/beta tester for any map you have.

Drop me a message if you're looking for testers.

incontrol

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:41 AM

Carrand said:

When trying to re-install minecraft to get remove all the mods I had, my friend told me to delete the .minecraft folder located in Appdata.  I did, and now whenever I try to log into my account on minecraft.net, or minecraft itself, it gives me an error.

Please help, if I dont get this to work again I will be in   :VV:  :VV:  :VV: .

Check the Recycle Bin for the deleted .minecraft folder

And I'm not so sure, but I think deleting the .minecraft folder removes everything including saves

Also, if you are going to remove mods, open up Minecraft, select Options where the login screen is, and choose 'Force Update'

Posted Image

Carrand
    Carrand

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:42 AM

singapore123 said:

On the new launcher, click "Options" and then click "Force Update".

This doesn't do anything.

Carrand
    Carrand

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:44 AM

incontrol said:

Carrand said:

Please help, if I dont get this to work again I will be in   :VV:  :VV:  :VV: .

And I'm not so sure, but I think deleting the .minecraft folder removes everything including saves

Also, if you are going to remove mods, open up Minecraft, select Options where the login screen is, and choose 'Force Update'

Looked in my recycle bin, found all my stuff, but it's all spread out and not in one folder, does this mean I will have to sort everything back in the same exact order?

Firedog118
  • Minecraft: Firedog118

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:44 AM

Make sure to click "Force Update" and then login as well, just clicking Force Update on it's own won't do anything.

Carrand
    Carrand

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:47 AM

Firedog118 said:

Make sure to click "Force Update" and then login as well, just clicking Force Update on it's own won't do anything.

I get an error when trying to log in, so that is no longer an option.

Deadroad
  • Minecraft: Deadroad

Posted 01 May 2011 - 11:19 AM

Carrand said:

DaBiggman said:

Okay, it did let me run the game, but whenever I try to join a server it gives me the error, "Failed to connect: Bad Login"

You get that, if you do get that, reload the minecraft launcher.
Posted Image

Aaronzo-SD

Posted 01 May 2011 - 11:25 AM

Carrand said:

incontrol said:

Carrand said:

Please help, if I dont get this to work again I will be in   ;)  :D  :Lava: .

Looked in my recycle bin, found all my stuff, but it's all spread out and not in one folder, does this mean I will have to sort everything back in the same exact order?

Double click each thing and click "Restore" it will all go back into the normal place :)
Or don't click anything and click the "Restore all items" on the menu bar :P
Posted Image

Carrand
    Carrand

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 11:39 AM

Aaronzo-SD said:

Double click each thing and click "Restore" it will all go back into the normal place :Diamond:
Or don't click anything and click the "Restore all items" on the menu bar :(

Did that, and now I have a loggin to some random dude named 'TheFlowZone', and his password works.  :Diamond:

Bilkokuya

Posted 01 May 2011 - 11:43 AM

Carrand said:

Aaronzo-SD said:

Double click each thing and click "Restore" it will all go back into the normal place :Diamond:
Or don't click anything and click the "Restore all items" on the menu bar :iapprove:

Did that, and now I have a loggin to some random dude named 'TheFlowZone', and his password works.  :iapprove:

Out of politeness it would be a good idea to see if he's a user on these forums, and if so - let him know so that he can change his password; it seems very odd that it would let it would throw somebody's account at you.

Anyway, it's good that you've got it working.
Posted Image

Carrand
    Carrand

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 12:05 PM

Bilkokuya said:

Carrand said:

Aaronzo-SD said:

Double click each thing and click "Restore" it will all go back into the normal place :GoldBar:
Or don't click anything and click the "Restore all items" on the menu bar :GoldBar:

Did that, and now I have a loggin to some random dude named 'TheFlowZone', and his password works.  :iapprove:

Out of politeness it would be a good idea to see if he's a user on these forums, and if so - let him know so that he can change his password; it seems very odd that it would let it would throw somebody's account at you.

Anyway, it's good that you've got it working.

Don't worry, I asked my friend if he wanted to play minecraft cause he said that he had bought it recently , it is his account apparently.

Carrand
    Carrand

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:41 AM

Bump.

My account is still broken, and Mojan never replied to my ticket.

Cybertronic

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:13 AM

hmmm not sure if troll...

Unless there is an issue with your actual User account on Mojang's end of things there is absolutely NO reason why you wouldn't be able to redonwload the .minecraft folder via the launcher.

Carrand
    Carrand

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:36 AM

Cybertronic said:

hmmm not sure if troll...

Unless there is an issue with your actual User account on Mojang's end of things there is absolutely NO reason why you wouldn't be able to redonwload the .minecraft folder via the launcher.

Yes, everything with the .minecraft is back, but, I can't log into minecraft or minecraft.net, and I never changed my password.

edit:

I'm honestly starting to think I got hacked, when I typed my email into the 'Forgot Password' bar, it says 'can't find that user'.