• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[Modeler/Tool] MCModeler v1.1 -- Mac GUI fixed!

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

AnonymousJohn

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:26 AM

Introducing...

MCModeler

I am no longer developing this tool. However, Jdembo has decided to pick up on it and continue development. You can find the current version of MCModeler here.

For this reason, and because people seem to be downloading from here anyway, the download links have been broken and the majority of the post hidden inside a spoiler tag. I leave it here simply for backwards reference.

Spoiler:

AJ's Thread O' Links! -- A thread of links to my projects, other supported projects, approved ideas, etc.
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

ZeuX
    ZeuX

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:59 AM

sweet, now all the poor mac and linux guys have a modeler too ^^

And it's nice to see how we essentially started the 3d modeler tool.
We are obviously doing something right :D

AnonymousJohn

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:58 PM

ZeuX said:

sweet, now all the poor mac and linux guys have a modeler too ^^

And it's nice to see how we essentially started the 3d modeler tool.
We are obviously doing something right :)
Yay! You did something very right. Much more right than another guy I saw who tried to make a mobmaker. He tried to include behaviors and AI and animations and all sorts of other stuff. :Diamond: He gave up after a while. But yeah, you're like the Baezon of model makers, only other programs starting coming off before you quit. :)

Anyway, I saw your modeler. What did you program it in? I'm curious, because it looks really professional and you didn't mention what language you used in the OP.
AJ's Thread O' Links! -- A thread of links to my projects, other supported projects, approved ideas, etc.
Posted Image

ZeuX
    ZeuX

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:12 PM

hehe ^^

it's in c# 4.0 (that's why it's windows only) using wpf - it's just so easy to work with.
But it also supports python plugins and I tried to keep it as extensible as possible (which is why it took me some time to get the basics to work).
The way it is now r4wk is working on the gui and I'm coding.. well, the code.

I really think it's good when there are alternatives out there (I totally forgot about the mirrored texturething, someone told me about it eons ago), but I don't get why the same thing gets recreated over and over again, seems like a waste of resources.
Anyway, feel free to join our channel on irc :Diamond:

and good luck catching up ;P

AnonymousJohn

Posted 02 May 2011 - 11:38 PM

ZeuX said:

hehe ^^

it's in c# 4.0 (that's why it's windows only) using wpf - it's just so easy to work with.
But it also supports python plugins and I tried to keep it as extensible as possible (which is why it took me some time to get the basics to work).
The way it is now r4wk is working on the gui and I'm coding.. well, the code.

I really think it's good when there are alternatives out there (I totally forgot about the mirrored texturething, someone told me about it eons ago), but I don't get why the same thing gets recreated over and over again, seems like a waste of resources.
Anyway, feel free to join our channel on irc :P

and good luck catching up ;P
Mmm C#. That's a language I need to take the time to learn; I hear a lot of people program with it. I may join you on IRC at some point when I have spare time. And yes, luck is something I'll need a lot of to catch up with you guys; that and time.

An update on my coding situation:
Testing's picking up big time at my school, so for the next week or so I'm not going to get a lot of time to code. I hope to get at least the features mentioned in the upcoming features listing ready by the end of next weekend (by that I mean the night of Sunday the 15th). Then I may consider adding a texture image preview like the small one in the top left corner of the Techne modeler. That's what the blank spot in the top right corner of my program was originally intended for, if you were curious.
Posted Image

iamjagman
  • Minecraft: iamjagman

Posted 04 May 2011 - 10:00 PM

I don't remember which Java3D installer I used, so no luck there, but I couldn't type in any of the X, Y, or Z text boxes. Just thought you should know.

Blagob said:

This is awesome. Now if only I could understand what the hell it all means.
Spoiler:

LukeRay
    LukeRay

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 270 posts
  • Minecraft: LukeRay

Posted 04 May 2011 - 10:13 PM

The behavior of the window is a little bit incorrect... :iapprove: I expected that the work area will increase after maximizing the window.

Posted Image

Posted Image

AnonymousJohn

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:48 AM

iamjagman said:

I don't remember which Java3D installer I used, so no luck there, but I couldn't type in any of the X, Y, or Z text boxes. Just thought you should know.
Could you provide some more info? What operating system are you running? If it's a Mac, I just noticed recently that the GUI doesn't display properly on Macs; I need to go back and redo the GUI for them. In any case, there aren't too many J3D installers out there; just go back to the download page and look at the links, it should be easy to find.

LukeRay said:

The behavior of the window is a little bit incorrect... :D I expected that the work area will increase after maximizing the window.
Yeah, I noticed that too. GUI isn't exactly my strong suit. :/ Not entirely sure how to make it expand like it should.
Posted Image

AnonymousJohn

Posted 06 May 2011 - 01:11 AM

Fixed the Mac GUI. Linux users, I need you to provide feedback on the GUI! I don't have a Linux system to test on! And, of course, if anyone else has any problems with the graphics or any other functions, please report them!
Posted Image

Gtreeko
    Gtreeko

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 196 posts
  • Minecraft: Gtreeko

Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:11 PM

Im using it right now!

It's a brilliant tool for the Mac, seriously, I could not thank you enough. The only thing you could possibly do is add the model files in the download (I can get them myself but its a time consuming process).

A  :Sheep: for you good Sir! You deserve it!
Check out my YouTube channel! I have over 1,400 subscribers, and make videos regularly. If you have 5 minutes to spare, please check out my channel! :) http://www.youtube.com/gtreeko

AnonymousJohn

Posted 08 May 2011 - 11:14 PM

Gtreeko said:

Im using it right now!

It's a brilliant tool for the Mac, seriously, I could not thank you enough. The only thing you could possibly do is add the model files in the download (I can get them myself but its a time consuming process).

A  :Diamond: for you good Sir! You deserve it!
Thank you very much! Getting some model files of existing models was actually the next thing I planned on doing, now that I've gotten the update out for my redstone simulator. I should have them done and uploaded in the near future.
Posted Image

Oracular
    Oracular

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 12:03 AM

Java OS name: windows 7
Java arch name: amd64
Java3D install: j3d-1_5_1-windows-amd64.exe
Error readout:
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no j3dcore-ogl in java.library.path
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
        at javax.media.j3d.NativePipeline$1.run(NativePipeline.java:231)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at javax.media.j3d.NativePipeline.loadLibrary(NativePipeline.java:200)
        at javax.media.j3d.NativePipeline.loadLibraries(NativePipeline.java:157)

at javax.media.j3d.MasterControl.loadLibraries(MasterControl.java:987)
        at javax.media.j3d.VirtualUniverse.(VirtualUniverse.java:299)
        at javax.media.j3d.Canvas3D.(Canvas3D.java:3881)
        at ModelPreview.(ModelPreview.java:51)
        at WindowsGUI.prepareGUI(WindowsGUI.java:22)
        at MCModeler.(MCModeler.java:72)
        at MCModeler.main(MCModeler.java:1222)
        at Start.main(Start.java:100)

AnonymousJohn

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:07 AM

Oracular said:

Java OS name: windows 7
Java arch name: amd64
Java3D install: j3d-1_5_1-windows-amd64.exe
Error readout:
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no j3dcore-ogl in java.library.path
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
        at javax.media.j3d.NativePipeline$1.run(NativePipeline.java:231)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at javax.media.j3d.NativePipeline.loadLibrary(NativePipeline.java:200)
        at javax.media.j3d.NativePipeline.loadLibraries(NativePipeline.java:157)

at javax.media.j3d.MasterControl.loadLibraries(MasterControl.java:987)
        at javax.media.j3d.VirtualUniverse.(VirtualUniverse.java:299)
        at javax.media.j3d.Canvas3D.(Canvas3D.java:3881)
        at ModelPreview.(ModelPreview.java:51)
        at WindowsGUI.prepareGUI(WindowsGUI.java:22)
        at MCModeler.(MCModeler.java:72)
        at MCModeler.main(MCModeler.java:1222)
        at Start.main(Start.java:100)
Thank you! I'll get right to fixing that.
Posted Image

Gtreeko
    Gtreeko

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 196 posts
  • Minecraft: Gtreeko

Posted 12 May 2011 - 11:05 PM

AnonymousJohn said:

Gtreeko said:

Im using it right now!

A  :SSSS: for you good Sir! You deserve it!
Thank you very much! Getting some model files of existing models was actually the next thing I planned on doing, now that I've gotten the update out for my redstone simulator. I should have them done and uploaded in the near future.

I would really appreciate a wolf model! It's very hard to recreate.
Check out my YouTube channel! I have over 1,400 subscribers, and make videos regularly. If you have 5 minutes to spare, please check out my channel! :) http://www.youtube.com/gtreeko

medsouz
    medsouz

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 388 posts
  • Minecraft: medsouz

Posted 14 May 2011 - 12:46 AM

The input boxes for Ubuntu have about a 2 pixel width so you cannot see or edit the number in the box.
Posted Image
Posted Image

AnonymousJohn

Posted 14 May 2011 - 01:29 AM

medsouz said:

The input boxes for Ubuntu have about a 2 pixel width so you cannot see or edit the number in the box.
Posted Image
Ubuntu too, huh? I'll get on that. Thank you!
Posted Image

medsouz
    medsouz

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 388 posts
  • Minecraft: medsouz

Posted 14 May 2011 - 02:52 AM

Glad to help, this could be a very useful program.

Edit: if you have a windows machine and want Ubuntu for testing you can get Wubi (http://www.ubuntu.co...ndows-installer) and easily set up your computer to let you choose whether you want to use Windows or Ubuntu on startup.
Posted Image

lekiy
    lekiy

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 307 posts
  • Minecraft: lekiy

Posted 19 May 2011 - 03:04 AM

2 issues i had with this is
1. it doesn't set rotation angles when you convert to code
2. i cant tell where the ground would be and if the grid is the ground its then way off

badmedia
    badmedia

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Minecraft: geoface

Posted 19 May 2011 - 11:36 AM

if only we could have proper spheres

Zharii
    Zharii

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • Location: The lapse in time and space near the center of the universe where candy is made.

Posted 24 May 2011 - 02:15 AM

Hey, one question: Is there a way to tell what surface of the mob is going to have a select texture? Or do you just have to wing it? Like, is there a pattern for it or a way to predict what part of the texture will be occupying a select part of the model?
Zharii's Quest: The Old God's Chronicles
http://www.minecraft...f=1018&t=299962