• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Can 2 people share one account?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

kevinthecow

Posted 05 September 2010 - 09:56 PM

Is it possible for 2 people to share 1 account and be on the account at the same time on different computers?

Register or log in to remove.

rikachu
    rikachu

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1863 posts
  • Minecraft: rikachu

Posted 05 September 2010 - 09:58 PM

No. If this is possible, it needs to be fixed.

TroK
    TroK

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 10:01 PM

well you can double log but they would be the same username and if the other person knew the password. i dont do this but my friend wanted me to do it with him and i was like HELL NO!

MrMagoo
    MrMagoo

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 10:17 PM

I don't remember notch saying something like that, and notch never delete an account, but i would like to know this answer as well from someone who don't give the answer from the top of his own head.

mrwormy
    mrwormy

End Dweller

• Members
  • 6711 posts
  • Minecraft: mrwormy

Posted 05 September 2010 - 11:51 PM

It is possible,I use it to log onto the same server twice then get into arguments with the other me. :3

I have no life. 3;
"Only a few find the way, Some don't recognize it when they do. Some don't ever want to..." ~Cheshire cat.

Alpha The Beta

Posted 05 September 2010 - 11:58 PM

Yeah, my friend and I do it all the time. At least, until his father stops being a dick about buying it.

shairn said:

Vertin said:

HOW CAN YOU GET BORED OF ANGRY MAGIC TREEEES
They're angry magic trees that talk too much :c

Investigator

Posted 06 September 2010 - 12:54 AM

I'm pretty sure it's possible, as I know that my brother plays on my account a fair amount, sometimes while I play too.
Roses are red, violets are blue,
some poems rhyme, this one doesn't.

FunnyPlants

Posted 06 September 2010 - 06:47 PM

I've played on my laptop, while my friend played at his house, and my stepbrother on his computer... all from my account. I don't know if it would work in SMP but it works fine in single player

Hawkb
    Hawkb

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 06:52 PM

Wouldn't be a problem with single-player, since you can easily play offline.
I can see problems with SMP, especially with serverside invetory coming

teomat
    teomat

Forum/Wiki Sponsor

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 07:47 PM

Yeah, definitly works with singleplayer. i did let my sister play from time to time (until i bought her an account for herself).
Posted Image

HiroyukiMikazuki

Posted 07 September 2010 - 10:25 PM

No it is perfectly fine NOtch even agrees with this to the point believing the other person will eventually buy an account he thinks it is perfectly fine and it is what made me buy it along with five friends of mine lol.

Archvile68
  • Minecraft: Archvile68

Posted 07 September 2010 - 11:11 PM

mrwormy said:

It is possible,I use it to log onto the same server twice then get into arguments with the other me. :3

I have no life. 3;

Hey, I've gotten a lot done whilst arguing amongst myself.

More on topic, I think it is reasonable for two people to share an account ONLY if the other person is trying the game out and the account sharing remains temporary. Otherwise, it gets into piracy, and Notch becomes unhappy, and I lose more underwear.
Google is your master. Bow to your master.

wayne_
    wayne_

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 03:19 PM

I am hoping that they will eventually put the single player game account online so that I play the same game no matter which PC I use. This would also deter users from sharing an account as you wouldn't want someone else playing your game. It is usefull for people to test the game, as I did with my brothers account.
I have now bought it and found out there is a major bug with java on my PC (kills my lan) so can't as yet play multiplayer (working on it).

KWBreaker

Posted 20 February 2011 - 07:32 AM

The only reason i was wondering and hoping that this functionality was possible is because my GF lives an hour away and doesn't believe how good the game is and i wanted her to try it out. I hate piracy, and this is by FAR the greatest game i've ever played and Notch deserves every dollar we pay him. If this launched for a console in the future i would CERTAINLY pay full price for it, $60 without blinking an eye.

Answulf
    Answulf

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 07:36 AM

Works with SP, but not with MP (at least on the same server).
If you're bored than you're boring...

j814jwong

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:35 AM

Yes.  There is no way for the system to detect that a different person is using the account on another computer and preventing minecraft from running on different computers with the same account at different items is bad especially for some people who have multiple computers.  

However it may allow piracy which is a no-no.  The only justification for sharing accounts is to try out the game.  I'm doing this.  I've heard that Minecraft was a good game but when I saw the graphics on Youtube I went all O.o and thought "What is with all the fuss about this game.  I asked my friend to let me borrow his account to give it a go.  There is no way I am buying a game I've never even experienced.  The moment I created a world, I was awed with the simplicity of textures yet massiveness of the entire world.  The game was simply amazing after playing it for well over an hour.  I decided to buy it.  

Maybe my story shouldn't go here but oh well.

coin409
    coin409

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2823 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:39 AM

I tried and it does work.

I'm not sure if this is piracy, because it isn't like you're downloading it off some torrent site.

If he is under you're account name and you bought it, it isn't piracy.

Posted Image

j814jwong

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:46 AM

coin409 said:

I tried and it does work.

I'm not sure if this is piracy, because it isn't like you're downloading it off some torrent site.

If he is under you're account name and you bought it, it isn't piracy.
Its technically not piracy but its not good either in my opinion.  I'm buying the game to support the good work of the devs.  I want them to be able to make the game better and continue to work on it.  Buying it shows I appreciate their work.

TheBix
    TheBix

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 05:31 AM

keep in mind that every time you log in you now get a new session id. so the client that logged in last is the only one able to join servers. NOTE: this doesn't mean you can't have three instances of minecraft on three different servers on the same account.
This forum is full of script kiddies.

Alzi102
    Alzi102

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:54 PM

Would it be possible for 2 people sharing an account to go on Lan together

Thx