Gold Miner

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • Minecraft: smenx

Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:55 PM

POPULAR

QuestWorld 1 - v1.7

A Timeless Classic!

QuestWorld was made during the early stages of Minecraft, no pistons hoppers repeaters or Creative mode. At the time it was kinda new to use redstone and falling sand/gravel to make an interactive environment. Today there are countless options in Minecraft, you can also use some MC Edit magic. But if you want to enjoy a Minecraft map like it was in the early days, you should give this map a try. Maybe it's a classic.

About QuestWorld 2. Well, let's say QuestWorld 2 Beta does exist. However we never got to finish it. It turned out to be too much work and we lost our interest a little. There is still a change that we will finish it or upload the beta version.

Download:
Main Download: (version 1.7)
Download .zip

Description:
You're shipwrecked, there is no way you can get home. You have to stay where you are and help people with their problems. By completing quests you get access to new cities, more quests and better rewards. Did you live well? Only then you may go to heaven! (There you will find the ending)

The map is based on a unique quest system, which uses only redstone wiring. No mods or texture packs are needed. We did not use any world editors or in-game editors during the building process, except for the basic server commands. This map is also made without pistons, but we still created the same effects.

Rules:
#1 The only block you can destroy is dirt.   Posted Image
#2 You may kill, craft and steal.
#3 Stay within the boundries marked by snow pillars.
#4 You may only place & break: torches, redstone torches, signs, cake and paintings. You're not allowed to place: redstone torches in front of doors, water, lava and dirt except if said otherwise. (replacing dirt if stuck is also allowed)
#5 Play on peaceful (recommended). You may play on easy or normal, but make sure no creepers blow up!  Posted Image

So in short: You can do what ever you want, you're only limited in placing and destroying blocks/items! If you think something is cheating, then don't do it Posted Image

During your jouney you will find diamonds, each diamond counts for 1 point. Please tell us in a post what you score is!  Posted Image (Things made out of diamond don't count, also don't mine diamonds) The total amount of diamonds you can find is about 122!

This is where you can find them:
- 15 in Lobster village
- 19 in Camel Town
- 29 in Twiggle Town
- 50 in Valdrey City
- 9 in heaven
Total: 122 Posted Image!

Older versions:
- 15 (15) ((11)) in Lobster village
- 19 (16) ((16)) in Camel Town
- 28 (28) ((26)) in Twiggle Town
- 48 (48) ((45)) in Valdrey City
-  9  (9)  ((9)) in heaven
Total: 119 (116) ((107)) Posted Image!
In version 1.5 - (In version 1.4) - ((In version 1.3))

BIG SECRET PUZZLE

In version 1.4 we added A BIG SECRET PUZZLE around our map and youtube! It involves a new area, and clues everywhere which you need to solve. It is a secret which, if you complete it, will give you information about the next QuestWorld. Every person that completes the secret first, will get a pre-release version of QuestWorld 2!

Start the secret by downloading this file: Secret file! (mirror: http://www.mediafire...rhbx77m7cq7sqee)
Don't spoil it for others, so please let the secret remain a secret Posted Image

Trailer:

Reviews:

made by: rsmalec
"Not convinced to play the map? Watch this!"

Walkthrough:
Click here!
This is us showing you how to do the main quests. The map version is v1.2 so there might be some things different when you play the map.

Screenshots:
Posted Image
Valdrey City

More screenshots:
Spoiler:

LP's:
Spoiler:

Try not to cheat when you play the map like they sometimes do in the LP's, the map is much more fun when you complete the quests the right way!

Please, if you enjoyed this map or if you want to help the development of QuestWorld 2, support us by donating!

Posted Image

Download:
Main Download: (version 1.7)
Download .zip

Mirror (version 1.6):
Download  .zip

Polish version (version 1.4):
Download.rar
Special thanks to FioFjo for the translation.

Portuguese-Brazil (version 1.6) (updated):
Download �.rar
Special thanks to Kikonilo for the translation.

Sorry for the adfly download, just wait a few sec and then press skip ad on the top right.

How to install:
Zip file: (For users with Winrar or 7 zip)
(To play the map please extract the ".zip" file with a program like winrar, then
place that in your "saves" folder (found in "Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft"))

Exe file: (For users without Winrar or if you aren't sure)
(To play the map please dubbelclick the ".exe" file, then place that in
your "saves" folder (found in "Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft"))

Do you have questions or ideas? let us know in a post below!

Known bugs:
Please report bugs you find, this really helps us

Bugs:
- The map is in a snow biome in the translated version Portuguese-Brazil.
- In some occasions a chunck is missing in Twiggle Town (maybe caused by some mod?)

Credits:
Made by:
smenx and ssankoo
All rights reserved, do not copy any of our creations without our permission. You can make videos of the map, but only if you place a link to this post in the discription. We will not hesitate to take further actions.

Beta testers:
overlink, alkeem, BerserkStorm and i3anaan

Special thanks to:
FioFjo, Kikonilo, Tekela XII and rsmalec

Support us:
Banner: (Made by: Tekela XII)
Posted Image
[url=http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1034&t=320221&p=4697340][IMG]http://sleekupload.com/uploads/5/questworld.jpg[/IMG][/url]

Posted Image
[url=http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1034&t=320221&p=4697340][IMG]http://i55.tinypic.com/4ubc6h.jpg[/IMG][/url]

Older versions:
QuestWorld backup46 (Version 1.6) (.zip)
QuestWorld backup45 (Version 1.5) (.zip)
QuestWorld backup44 (Version 1.4) (.zip)
QuestWorld backup44 (version 1.4) (.exe)
QuestWorld backup42 (Version 1.3) (.zip)
QuestWorld backup41 (Version 1.2) (.zip)
QuestWorld backup40 (Version 1.1) (.zip)
QuestWorld backup39 (Version 1.0) (.zip)
backup Survival Quest37 - Beta v1.6
backup Survival Quest36 - Beta v1.5
backup Survival Quest35 - Beta v1.4
backup Survival Quest34 - Beta v1.3
backup Survival Quest33 - Beta v1.2
backup Survival Quest32 - Beta v1.1
backup Survival Quest 1 till 31 - Alpha versions

Update changes:
Spoiler:

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

ssankoo
    ssankoo

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 08:39 PM

Hey guys. I'm ssankoo, the second maker of the map.

We have finished the map and tested it for ourselves a few times. On this moment beta-testers are bussy testing and retesting the map. As soon as we cleared out all the bugs, we will release the map. This will probably NOT be next week but in the start of the week after that.

We put lot's of effort into this map, so we hope all you guys can enjoy playing it. We worked on it 01-25 till 04-29 for a few days a week, every day a few hours. Acording to another mod the server ran 644 in-game days. That's about 214,7 real-life hours. Not all of this time was spend on building (sleeping in-game and sometimes the server ran for a few minutes while we were AFK), but it isn't far from it! We did ALL of this together in SMP on a private server that I run. All of this was made in first-person, we didn't use ANY map- or world editors except for the standard multiplayer functions like /give and /tp.

I'm going to take footage and make the trailer probably tomorrow or just after next week (asap). This of course won't slow down the release process, but is just an extra feature for people to get to know the map. More and better screenshots are coming soon as well.

Next week both smenx and I are going on vacation abroad, so we can't or almost can't keep contact with you guys, but we will do our best. The best way to communicate is through email. I've made an account especially for this map. Smenx and I both have access to this account. The email is: [email protected]

If you have any idea on how to improve this map, or just want to say something about it, please do contact us.

Thanks,
ssankoo & smenx
Proud owner of an awesome adventure map without pistons:
Posted Image

Cera
    Cera

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 08:42 PM

Can't wait.

smenx
    smenx

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 01:12 PM

New screenshots added!
Posted Image

alecool34
  • Minecraft: alecool34

Posted 30 April 2011 - 01:27 PM

Please hurry the fuck up and complete this map!!!

Posted Image

ssankoo
    ssankoo

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 10:36 PM

I finished the trailer and it's rendering right now. I'll upload it asap!
Posted Image

ssankoo
    ssankoo

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 11:08 PM

Guys I'm sorry. It did upload, but youtube didn't include the awesome soundtrack with it. I'll have to fix it after my one-week vacation. Off to Turkey now, bye bye!
Posted Image

KRE3por
    KRE3por

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 09:06 PM

i cant wait!        :GP:  :SSSS:  :GP:
                         :)  :GP:  :sand:   =  :tnt:
                         :GP:  :sand:  :GP:
Posted ImagePosted Image

smenx
    smenx

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 04:33 PM

We will probably release the map on 11 may, the map need some little changes found during the beta testing. The trailer is also almost finished. If the trailer works we will upload it on 10 may (tomorrow).

Edit: The trailer works, so we uploaded it today on 9 may
Posted Image

ssankoo
    ssankoo

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 04:46 PM

Yey! Update:

- Very few bugs where found during Béta testing and we plan to fix them all on May 11th.
- The trailer is uploaded with sound and in 1080p, this link:
- After the final bug fixes we will probably directly release the map, so get ready on May 11th!

Get Ready! This map is more than you'd think :D
Posted Image

KowaretaTamashi
  • Minecraft: TheFirstGun

Posted 09 May 2011 - 04:57 PM

Thats some nice towns you got there  :Notch:
Posted Image

smenx
    smenx

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:13 AM

New screenshot added from Lobster village, Camel Town and Twiggle Town. (Made from above)
Posted Image

alkeem
    alkeem

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 06:51 PM

Hey guys!

One of the beta testers here.
Awesome world, I hope you can wait!

ElevenSyndrome

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:15 PM

I'm really looking forward to playing this map, it looks fantastic.

KRE3por
    KRE3por

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:57 PM

plz pm me the map when its finished :Notch:  :Diamond:  :D  :D  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :iapprove:
Posted ImagePosted Image

DarkMinerPVP

Posted 12 May 2011 - 09:52 AM

Just 24 hours! I can't beleve that this fantastic map is here!

ssankoo
    ssankoo

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 03:53 PM

The map is done! Download it now!

What we've done:
- Final bugs found by beta testers are now fixed.
- Post lay-out and spelling errors are changed.
- A scoring system is now added.
- Private messages have been sent to all commenters regarding the release.
- More information about installation etc. is included.
- We made a banner to support us!
- Tweaked other minor things.

Thank you for visiting our post!
Posted Image

DutchMofoTeam
  • Minecraft: iBoaz

Posted 12 May 2011 - 07:13 PM

Is there a Main story line, And side quests?

Gangsta Gangsta

joshG
    joshG

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 08:09 PM

I THINK I have finished the map lol. I know Valdrey city is the last city, but how do I know when I have finished it?? Haha if it's an obvious sign or something then I guess I may have missed it. I only managed to get 27 diamonds, I have a feeling I fell short by quite a bit. :iapprove:

But anyway yes, the map itself.. is GREAT. No for real, I haven't played a custom map quite like this. I like how the quests go from simple to complicated in a smooth fashion. The towns are all very well done, incredibly impressive redstone circuitry, fun quests and it actually makes me feel like there are people in the towns hahaha. I also love the fact that you can do some quests before the others and either way the story will fit in. It's like a loose story line with many important quests, and you have to make sure to finish those quests before you can move on to the next city, and I like it. It's awesome. :opblock:

As of now I really don't know if I need to tell you to change anything. Although Valdrey city is kinda confusing, but I guess that's part of the difficulty of it since it's the last city. Overall, WELL DONE, very WELL DONE, kudos to you guys, I am looking forward to more QuestWorlds, and thank you for giving me a reason to slack off 6 out of my 8 hours of work tonight. :Skeleton:) It actually took me very long to finish it since I was playing it on and off hehe. DIAMONDS FOR YOU SIRSSSS  :cobblestone:  :mossystone:  :Portabella:  :chestfront:  :RedShroom:  :bookshelf:  :Turquoise:  :obsidian:  :Skeleton:

KRE3por
    KRE3por

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 09:03 PM

well hes how i ended the game i looked out thruogh the brick light house and saw dimond blacoks. want there and climbed to heaven. the i did the final fall and ended the game.(not going to spiol the surprise!) :)  :iapprove:  :iapprove:  :iapprove:  :iapprove:  :iapprove:  :iapprove:  :iapprove:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Notch:  :Notch:  :Notch:  :Notch:  :Notch:  :Notch:  :Notch:  :Notch:  :Notch:  :iapprove:  :iapprove:  :iapprove:  :iapprove:  :iapprove:
Posted ImagePosted Image