Latest News Article

[WIP] Warrior Cats Mod

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Carpenter

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:37 AM

Basically, I'm begginging to learn to mod, and especially mobs, and thought about this:
A mod that makes a world based on the Warrior Cats Series, toggle-able on/off, as well as lake/forest.
This mod would also turn the player into a cat, and bring in npc cats that live in an area of a Clan, and there would be four clans.
In an options(?) screen, the player could choose, in addition to the above options which clan they would be in, and this gives a bonus to something of their stats. For Example:
WindClan: 1.5x Running speed, Moorland Territory
RiverClan: 1.5x Swimming Speed, Island Territory
ShadowClan: Ability to turn invisible, and sneak past hostiles, Pine Forest/Swamp Territory
ThunderClan: 1.33x Damage on hit, Lush Forest territory
SkyClan: 2.5x Jump height, Rocky Territory
so there would be 5 areas, specified for each clan. There would be a warning when crossing a border, and on any territory other than your own, the cats are hostile. You would be able to Get other cats in your clan to follow and help you with tasks. Above you and all other cats is a name(such as Jaypaw, Squirrelflight, Bluestar)followed by their status. The status would be kit(very small, not able to leave camp) apprentice(medium sized, only able to leave camp with mentor, which upon 2 days of kithood will be assigned to you, and will always follow you) warrior(independent, achieved upon 3 weeks of apprentice) Deputy(has to have good standing with clanmates) and Leader (upon current leader's death). Names are -kit if kit, -paw if apprentice, -flight, claw, ear, nose, foot, etc. if warrior, and -star if leader. Mobs would be replaced as follows:
Pig::Mouse, drops dead mouse, can only run away
Cow::Hawk, drops feathers and dead hawk, can fight back, and steal clan kits
Sheep::Horses, only found on moor, only killed with 5+ cats, drops leather
Wolf::Dog, hostile, usually found with Twolegs.
Zombie::Twoleg(human), indirectly kill cats through deforestation and machines, cannot be killed
Skeleton::Badger, Powerful hostile creatures, though rare, drops string(?)
Spider::Vole, more prey, though drops dead vole, is more filling than mouse.
Creeper::Tigerstar's ghost, 5/100 chance of spawning at night, kills with a touch, if killed drops diamond.
To keep the building aspect of the game everything is still mineable, just changed tools(where () is the material):
Pick:: () reinforced claws
Shovel:: () shovel claws
Axe:: () tree-cut claws
Swords:: () sharpened claws
Okay, so more types of things is that you can become are medicine cat's, when you spawn you have a 1/3 chance to be connected to starclan, if you are when you sleep(and you'll have to) you will see dreams of other clans attacking you. Then, when you become an apprentice, instead of doing hunting/moss colecting, you'll do herb collecting. this includes invading Twoleg nests(houses) for catnip and finding marigold, horsetail, cobweb etc.
And do pretty much the same as an actual medicine cat. Other Important things to note about medicine cats are that: other cats (even other clans) aren't hostile to them, and they attend the moonpool/mothermouth every 15 days.
There would also be included:
Gatherings, A few cats of each clan peacefully come together and speak(random phrases will be selected, if you are leader you may choose what to say from a few options)This would change feelings of clans and if they want to attack.
Leader Traits:
As leader there would be different signs that would let you do certain things, for example attack another clan, send out hunting patrols, etc.
Hunting Patrols(if not a part of it)will bring back random fresh kill and amounts.
btw, here is the lake:
Posted Image
and the forest:
Posted Image
So this is my basic idea for this, feedback accepted, and if someone would want to help implement this mod that would be great, and i would also enjoy if anybody could upload mob models...
Thanks for reading!
Some Quotes:
"Pickles Are Cucumbers Soaked in Evil"
~EvSeg74
"Sometimes I say random YOGURT!"
~reillymawitz
"Oh my... Wait what do i say? I'm Atheist!"
~CHermens17

Register or log in to remove.

blazerh
    blazerh

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:37 PM

Looks good. I got a question about the creeper though. Diamonds? Why would cats wield a diamond pick? Or want diamond? XD Great Idea though. Can't wait for it to come out.
Proud Founder of Minecraft MapMakers Inc.!

Posted Image

Carpenter

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:30 PM

Like i said, the picks are going to be replaced by reinforced claws, so you can essentially mine things with claws.
Some Quotes:
~EvSeg74
~reillymawitz
~CHermens17

Carpenter

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 01:17 AM

Need Help:
Having a map look like the above pictures, and generate worlds that way, should i just make the map and save it as a save?(like it if somebody did this for me)
having multiple types of hostile cats spawn?
Changing the player's mesh to a cat?
Some Quotes:
~EvSeg74
~reillymawitz
~CHermens17

wicketman8

Posted 10 May 2011 - 08:55 AM

I love it. Big warriors fan and I was snooping to see if there was a mod like this. I love the idea and I would love to be my Warrior. One question though: can you choose your name? Like your first bit and when you become a warrior last bit? Also when do you start? Kit-hood? Or Warrior? Or apprentice? And lastly how would lives work? Sorry to have many questions but now I am all exited! Go warriors!I could try to make a map for you. It might not be good though. Still confused on the whole den thing.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Scourgeclaw
  • Minecraft: scourgeclaw

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:08 PM

Looks interesting, bookmarked, and i cant wait to see this finished! :Sheep: Good luck  :Sheep:
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

lllminecraftlll

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:01 PM

This would be ridiculously hard to code, but some simple things could be added. Having cat mobs spawn could be done, but I would first make them biome-specific, eg invisible cat spawns in snow biome (?). They could be made hostile. Switching models while in game would also be hard, but to change the player model (like the you are the creeper mod), you would need to create a new model (make your own or pinch kodiachizero's lol; his is good), and change the render player so that it will render the cat, not a biped. Model biped is shared with pigzombies so unless you want them to look the same as you... Invisibility could be done by simply making the code that makes monsters find player to attack redundant for as long as you are holding a button, speed can be done but I don't know how to make a not over-the-top speed mod, jump is easy and increasing damage is easy. I think it would be best if you chose what kind you were by installing different versions of the same mod. You would need to lower the eyeheight and the player height, though this causes a whole hoar of bugs in SMP, so I wouldn't reccomend using it for multi. Also, you would perceive everyone else as cats with skins that don't fit properly, and they would see you as a human with an odd skin. Damage and invisibility to mobs won't work in SMP, though there are ways to turn invisible etc. If you make, I may use it :D
#

Chaboczo
  • Minecraft: Chaboczo

Posted 24 May 2011 - 01:41 PM

This sounds awesome i hope you do it! i love the warrior cats series and if you could make a mod like this it would be epicly owning super raping awesome toilet!  :Diamond: for choo
Posted Image

EpicGamer

Posted 27 May 2011 - 08:41 PM

I just love warrior cats and i think your idea is amazing! I hope you finish it :D :D

Posted Image

Sonic2756
  • Minecraft: Sonic2756

Posted 05 June 2011 - 04:21 AM

Any updates on the progress of this mod?

My Rig: | Processer: Intel Core i5 [email protected] GHz (Water Cooled) | Mobo: MSI GD55-Z68A G3 | Ram: 32GB 1600MHz Ripjaws X | GPU: ATI Radeon HD 7970 | Storage: 2 128GB SSD (One Win, One OSX) 64GB SSD (Caching/SRT), 3 1TB Storage Drives | PSU: Corsair 850W 80+ | Case: NZXT Phantom |

Chaboczo

Posted 08 June 2011 - 04:59 PM

lol checking this forum every day for updates ( also i just finished fire and ice :D on too forest of secrets! )
Posted Image

Chaboczo

Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:02 PM

im gonna try make a map for it :D
Posted Image

Chaboczo

Posted 12 July 2011 - 09:55 PM

Any updates?
Posted Image

desendent

Posted 23 July 2011 - 11:37 PM

this post is dead, isn't it. it's a shame, I wanted to see this mod...
Posted Image

desendent

Posted 01 August 2011 - 06:51 AM

still no update?
Posted Image

kcflutterbye0_0
  • Minecraft: kcflutterbye0_0

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:48 AM

View Postdesendent, on 23 July 2011 - 11:37 PM, said:

this post is dead, isn't it. it's a shame, I wanted to see this mod...

Yeah i think ur right this probly is dead, if i new how to mod then i would make this mod but sadly i dont know how... i wouldn't let it die down either.
    D,=
Posted Image

VortexSECTOR5000
  • Minecraft: Xking5000

Posted 01 October 2011 - 05:12 PM

About the "Tigerstars ghost" he should should have a 2/100 chance to spawn at night and also the ghost
should look like his body with white eyes (kinda like herobrine)

VortexSECTOR5000
  • Minecraft: Xking5000

Posted 01 October 2011 - 05:41 PM

also this thread isnt dead were still postin' on it arent we?

Chaboczo

Posted 03 October 2011 - 05:47 AM

I miss this D:
Posted Image

NTBNOMOETOE
  • Minecraft: NOMOETOE

Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:57 PM

what this thread is dead D: sob sob :'(
say what you mean to say and share kindness ^(^o^)^
Posted Image