Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Computer mod


  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1

seatooth
  • Location: In The Great Canadian North, EH!
  • Minecraft: seatooth

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:08 AM

I think someone should make a mod with computers where you would have to make the computer and it would me have a text editor and maybe pong and to be on it would need to be connected to a to have a positive redstone signal and just maybe you would have to find a  floppy disk in the dungeon to install the os ad maybe for servers you could make modems and have email for minecraft instead of private messages you could store the emails i just think that would be a great mod that i would download right away and i think alot of other people would to and all i ask is maybe put that i came up with a little then you could what ever you want and i don't ever ask you to put my name i just want to see a great mod like that.

Never mind computer craft has been made and you can get it here.
I Play games, and program in Python, If you need help send me a message!

Register or log in to remove.

#2

seatooth
  • Location: In The Great Canadian North, EH!
  • Minecraft: seatooth

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:15 PM

how come no one is replying
I Play games, and program in Python, If you need help send me a message!

#3

julezrulez

Posted 30 April 2011 - 06:49 PM

I think there should be computers in the game as a mod too.
Although maybe it might be pretty hard to make something that complicated but i am not a modder so i dont know, but
if it were added just as an item/block i would be very grateful cos i need something for a project im doing.
it could be crafted like so:
:Iron:  :Diamond:   :Iron:
:Glass:  :D  :Glass:
:Iron:  :Diamond:   :Iron:
:Iron: =iron block
:Diamond: = Redstone dust

#4

Intuition
  • Location: CHECK OUT COMPUTERCRAFT AND SNOWCRAFT!!!

Posted 30 April 2011 - 08:02 PM

julezrulez said:

I think there should be computers in the game as a mod too.
Although maybe it might be pretty hard to make something that complicated but i am not a modder so i dont know, but
if it were added just as an item/block i would be very grateful cos i need something for a project im doing.
it could be crafted like so:
:Diamond:  :Diamond:   :Diamond:
:Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:
:Diamond:  :Diamond:   :Diamond:
:sand: =iron block
:Diamond: = Redstone dust


WRONG, Newly Spawned.

We have computers in ComputerCraft. No need for an uneccessary topic when we already have your ideas on mine. The link is in my sig. Click the banner.
CLICK THE BANNER!!!
Posted Image
Like computers? Want tech in MC? Check my thread out in the link above!
Want to join? PM me!
Featured modder Prowne is on our team for expert modding!
We have even more updates! Check us out!

#5

Pokemon_Trainer_Red

Posted 30 April 2011 - 09:11 PM

julezrulez said:

I think there should be computers in the game as a mod too.
Although maybe it might be pretty hard to make something that complicated but i am not a modder so i dont know, but
if it were added just as an item/block i would be very grateful cos i need something for a project im doing.
it could be crafted like so:
:Iron:  :Lava:   :Iron:
:Diamond:  :SSSS:  :D
:Iron:  ;)   :Iron:
:Iron: =iron block
:Water: = Redstone dust
yeah, then we could play minecraft while we play minecraft.
*Facepalm*
I hate it when im making a milkshake and boys just show up in my yard.
Posted Image

#6

zlyfire
    zlyfire

    Gold Miner

  • Members
  • 466 posts
  • Location: If online, computer chair. Offline, same place
  • Minecraft: zlyfire

Posted 30 April 2011 - 09:15 PM

seatooth said:

how come no one is replying
many people who might've helped were probably deterred by your lack of punctuation. Laos by the fact that things such as this has been wanted for pretty much the beginning of redstone circuitry. Learn to use at least period and commas, then make requests.
Send Bitcoins to me, I'm in need: 1KrBZkD3fiJUgsrDjSW7fkrkvVqVcDsSdN
(Info about bitcoins, what they are and how to start found here http://www.bitcoin.org/ )

Landrover
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#7

zlyfire
    zlyfire

    Gold Miner

  • Members
  • 466 posts
  • Location: If online, computer chair. Offline, same place
  • Minecraft: zlyfire

Posted 30 April 2011 - 09:16 PM

zlyfire said:

seatooth said:

how come no one is replying
many people who might've helped were probably deterred by your lack of punctuation. And by the fact that things such as this has been wanted for pretty much the beginning of redstone circuitry. Learn to use at least period and commas, then make requests.

Send Bitcoins to me, I'm in need: 1KrBZkD3fiJUgsrDjSW7fkrkvVqVcDsSdN
(Info about bitcoins, what they are and how to start found here http://www.bitcoin.org/ )

Landrover
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#8

mister_eeyep
  • Location: Richmond Court, Sanbarnerdino, California
  • Minecraft: mister_ee
  • Xbox:Fusionmisteree

Posted 14 November 2011 - 04:09 AM

a computer mod is a good idea but i just tried it you will need to put in time i mean to make the computer is tough enough but adding a complete games to it boy you would have to create anoth..... i think if you were able to make a computer file and add a minecraft.jar in it and create it we might be able to make it!!!

Who's with me i support this mod!!!  :)
THE POTATO ARMY WILL RISE ONCE MORE AND RULE THE LAND

#9

lillibilli
  • Location: Iceland

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:17 PM

View Postseatooth, on 29 April 2011 - 12:08 AM, said:

i think someone should make a mod with computers where you would have to make the computer and it would me have a text editor and maybe pong and to be on it would need to be connected to a to have a positive redstone signal and just maybe you would have to find a  floppy disk in the dungeon to install the os ad maybe for servers you could make modems and have email for minecraft instead of private messages you could store the emails i just think that would be a great mod that i would download right away and i think alot of other people would to and all i ask is maybe put that i came up with a little then you could what ever you want and i don't ever ask you to put my name i just want to see a great mod like that.
stupid idea

#10

Shrimpy223
  • Location: In my body
  • Minecraft: Shrimpy223

Posted 23 December 2011 - 12:39 AM

View PostPokemon_Trainer_Red, on 30 April 2011 - 09:11 PM, said:

yeah, then we could play minecraft while we play minecraft.
*Facepalm*

Nice

#11

Idycopaka

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:50 AM

Well, eventualy redpower 2 will have computers... Personaly i cant wait for them :)

#12

SlaughterSlayer
  • Location: [CLASSIFIED]
  • Minecraft: SlaughterSlayer

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:32 AM

they have a pc mod!

  http://www.minecraft...-computercraft/

it came out recently!!
Posted Image
Spoiler:

#13

Zide
    Zide

    Obsidian Miner

  • Members
  • 1220 posts
  • Location: A special server ;)
  • Minecraft: Chaecter

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:56 AM

I can make pong off java, actually :P
I need to go to school (once winter (I'm in the Northern Hemisphere) break is over, I'll retrieve the files I have and then I'll post it on this thread XD) and obtain the files...
But that's call I can do, sorry :(
Hello there!
Spoiler:

#14

Danteland
  • Location: Sweden
  • Minecraft: Danteland

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:36 AM

Haha playing computer inside the computer.
"Did you mean for all those words to come out like that or did they just fall out randomly?"-H.H.

#15

skinmaker loly

Posted 07 January 2012 - 11:46 AM

It's already been made, and you can make your own programs, Mod: computercraft
Posted Image

#16

nonolongo
  • Location: Somewhere in Minecraft
  • Minecraft: nonolongo

Posted 07 January 2012 - 01:08 PM

There's already a mod like that :)
Posted Image

#17

seatooth
  • Location: In The Great Canadian North, EH!
  • Minecraft: seatooth

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:14 PM

This is an old forum post and yes I know about computercraft and it is awesome.
I Play games, and program in Python, If you need help send me a message!

#18

MineCrafter1879

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:25 PM

i know about ComputerCraft, but it runs a linux/terminal OS fully written in LUA.
but what about iMacs and windows PCs?