• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[UK] Pawncraft - 24/7 NOLAG Public 100-Slot.

• Please log in to reply
376 replies to this topic

Pawned
    Pawned

Forum/Wiki Sponsor

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 09:01 AM

Welcome to Pawncraft

To Signup, go to http://pawncraft.co.....php?board=35.0

Server IP: pawncraft.co.uk
Server Status: [img]http://res.public-craft.com/hb.php?ip=pawncraft.co.uk&port=25565&on=http://i43.tinypic.com/tasodh.png&off=http://i43.tinypic.com/5mk55u.png[/img]

Introduction

Pawncraft is a server situated in the UK. We have high aspirations of where we want our world to head, and our talented builders are doing their utmost in driving it forward with their creativity and artistry. The server was first established in September 2010 and the community has been steadily growing ever since. Our average playerbase is around 30-40, with a capacity limit of 100.

Although features and mods are continuously being rolled out in SMP, we endeavour to bring the best to the server and have been making large strides to rigorously test each one for its suitability. We like to keep things simple and believe that the few mods that we carefully select will be adequate to enhance your playing experience. We want to ensure that new users and existing users are at ease with the commands and are not clogged up by their technicalities.

We have a long-term vision for the server and our overall mission is to enhance the roleplaying element for everyone and introduce fair systems and themes so that the community can prosper.

If you want to be part of something big and not feel like a small cog in a large wheel, then please read on to the bottom of this thread for more details.

Server

Stats:

• 2.66GHz Quad Core CPU

• 8GB RAM

• 600GB HDD space

• 100Mbit up/down

Ranks:

White = Default player
Green = Builder
Orange = Donator
Purple = Admin level 0
Pink = Admin level 1
Light Blue = Admin level 2
Red = Owner

Map (UPDATED)

We have recently reset our map to accommodate for the Halloween Update. Our previous save achieved unprecedented success with the development of a large town called ‘OakVale’. You can see screenshots of some of our creations below:

Server Population:
Posted Image
Oakvale:
Posted Image
Vonyx's Palace:
Posted Image
Ramashi:
Posted Image
Tecnica's Lair:
Posted Image
Mechanica:
Posted Image
[More images to be added at a later date]

For the new map, we are aiming to incorporate large player-built cities which are connected by a common infrastructure i.e. roads/rail etc. Players who choose to build a city can apply to have it listed on our forums.

A real-time map including player positions can be found at: http://pawncraft.co.uk/forums/map/#
Please note that due to the way in which this map works, not all of the world will load. It renders a tiny section of the world each time a player builds in that section. So only popular sections of the map will load.

Dynamic Events

At Pawncraft we have dynamic events, to help make the world more interesting. The mods for these dynamic events are still under development, however, one of them is complete. At Pawncraft you will (If you're lucky enough to be near one) find meteor showers, these happen on average 7 times a day. 7 times a day may sound like a lot at first, but, these meteor showers are fully dynamic, they come in all different shapes and sizes and occur in random places in the world (Meaning that there's a very small chance of them destroying your hard work).

We are also working on other dynamic events, such as volcanoes. You will not see anything like this on any other server!

A quick little video showing you what a meteor shower looks like can be found here: xgEh7LBRuUM

Economy

As a way of preserving a self-sustaining model of the economy, we do not grant any free items*.  Each player will gather their own resources and build with what they have. We believe this enhances the roleplay element of the server and allows each player to feel a sense of accomplishment for their efforts.

We also realise how important it is to stimulate trade activity, in order to maintain a working balance of supply and demand. For this purpose, we have introduced the iConomy mod (Only used for the currency and sign shops.) where players can sell their items for cash. This money can then be used to trade with other players for the items they need.

Rather than using a simple chest protection plugin, we have our own system that requires no plugin at all. We use a banking system. A user can buy a bank account (1 chest) for 100 gold (in-game currency, not the item), this chest is located in a secret underground adminium vault, that not even the admins know the location of (But they can warp there! :)), inside this vault we have everyone's bank, with a sign above each chest so we know who it belongs to. If you wish to deposit/withdraw from your bank, you must ask an admin. It won't take them long to deposit/withdraw for you. You don't even need to give your items that you want to be deposited to the admin! Just say what items in your inventory need to be put into the bank and they will take them from you wherever in the world they may be.

Competitions!*

As the exception to the general rule of not giving away free items, we set competitions on a regular basis where there is a chance to win some fantastic in-game prizes! The idea is to motivate players to tap into their creative minds and offer something that will help the community grow.

Please check out the rules at http://pawncraft.co.uk/ for more information.

Here, you can find the current competitions and the winners of previous competitions!

Communication

IRC

You can join our IRC at http://pawncraft.co....orums/lightIRC/

This IRC is linked to the server using the CraftIRC plugin for Hey0's server mod.

If you need an admin but they aren't on the Minecraft server. Chances are atleast one of them will be lurking on the IRC.

Mumble

We now have our own 100-slot Mumble server!

You can join it by clicking the Mumble button in the top menu of http://Pawncraft.co.uk

You must have Mumble installed to be able to use it.

So...why should you join us?

• Anti Griefing Protection Mods.
• The most exciting Mods implemented which are constantly updated.
• Competitions!
• Friendly and sociable community.
• Large pool of creative talent.
• Inventory Checks.
• Admin-protected banks to store your valuable possessions.
• Moderators on *almost* 24/7 to assist you with any problems.
• 30+ Online at any time.
• ...and much much more!

Application Process:

Our server is currently on an application system. You can join the server without applying, however, if you wish to build you must create a decent application at http://pawncraft.co.uk.

Our primary intention for this system is to prevent griefers and to uphold a mature community.

To become a builder, please go http://pawncraft.co.uk and make an application using the format provided in the stickied topic on the "Builder Applications" board.

Noob Area:

To prevent our server from getting completely griefed but still keeping it open to the public, we have introduced a "noob area". This is an area where non-builders are spawned, in this area they are able to build. They cannot built anywhere outside the area, however can still leave it to go check out the rest of our Minecraft world.

[size=150]If you are still sceptical, please feel free to join our server and have a look around!

We hope to see you soon!

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Sero
    Sero

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 09:03 AM

I will be there !
Sero - Master Of Time
Posted Image

CaesarK
    CaesarK

Carpenter

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 10:45 AM

CaesarK's Idea LIST:
Ascendence of jobs

We will take the miner job as an example.

If a miner completes a goal (which is yet to be defined),
He or she will ascend in class, giving it a different title, and a privilege.

Race Advantages

Each race will get it's own advantages, and disadvantages. (if this is possible to code.)

Orcs will get higher strength, but get lower HP.

Dwarfs will get higher HP, but lower speed.

Humans have no advantage, or disadvantage, making them a balanced race.

Elfs will get higher speed, but lower attack power.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
THIS IS ALL SUBJECT TO CHANGE.

TroK
    TroK

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 10:46 AM

nice server but i really didnt like how i was tped without anyone asking me first...

koningmj
    koningmj

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • Minecraft: koningmj

Posted 05 September 2010 - 12:13 PM

it was cool.. too bad it started lagging :)
Had a dream, I was king. I woke up, still king!

keybearer326

Posted 05 September 2010 - 04:16 PM

Man I love this server. so many LOL moments. Just we keep getting grieved.

Pawned
    Pawned

Forum/Wiki Sponsor

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 10:35 PM

Made some changes to the server.

It should now automatically restart in the event that it crashes.
The server saves the world and backs it up on a regular basis.

A couple of people have been made admin already.
Active players will also get their chance to become a mod or admin. However, please don't ask or beg to be admin, it generally makes you less likely to receive admin.

Posted Image

Aprahamian

Posted 06 September 2010 - 03:07 AM

I think you're server is down. Has been since like 7:30pm Eastern time.

I am really liking the server, all the admins, and no the spawning anything.

Thanks for the server and long live The Aprahamian Road. :]

SevenSpy
    SevenSpy

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 623 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 03:09 AM

I might check it out later.

No Spy here...

Aprahamian

Posted 06 September 2010 - 03:11 AM

Seven, I would definitely check it out. The server is a ton of fun. Everyone on there is really nice, the admins are great. Not a whole lot of buildings up yet, but we are working, and I am working on some extra special stuff.

Check it out when the server is up.

Update: Still can't connect to the server. It is now 9:20am eastern.

Pawned
    Pawned

Forum/Wiki Sponsor

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 05:11 PM

Sorry guys. Due to problems with our ISP the server won't be up until Wednesday. I'll have the server running all day on Wednesday and then when the internet is up, you'll be able to connect. I will also post an update here when I get back home and see that the internet is working.

Posted Image

Pawned
    Pawned

Forum/Wiki Sponsor

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 06:17 AM

Server is back on-line. I will be out for half the day, for anti-grieving measures I have backed up the world in its current state. If asked to by enough of the player-base due to grievers when I get back home, I will revert the world back to it's current state.

Posted Image

iKickHobbits

Posted 09 September 2010 - 06:55 PM

Thanks for a great server Pawn, I'll be back eventually!
Posted ImagePosted Image
Looking for a great server to play on? Wanna spread the word about your server?
Posted Image

Check out my YouTube Channel. Lots of TNT, Lots of Pigs... mmm Bacon!
iKickHobbit's Channel

GunSlinger4750

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:23 PM

Hey, I don't know if TnT is illegal in this server, but I saw a guy called CraziStalker or something, placing TnT, and I have picture proof. Just thought I'd say.

EDIT:
Photo proof here:
http://img829.images...colondmuch.gif/

lol, u mad bro?

Pawned
    Pawned

Forum/Wiki Sponsor

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:04 PM

GunSlinger4750 said:

Hey, I don't know if TnT is illegal in this server, but I saw a guy called CraziStalker or something, placing TnT, and I have picture proof. Just thought I'd say.

EDIT:
Photo proof here:
http://img829.images...colondmuch.gif/

TnT is fine. The anti-grief tool stops it from damaging anything.

Posted Image

Aprahamian

Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:02 PM

Scratch that, all my hard work without spawning items and making the gold room and my room with my own items got wasted, and all the hard work I put into starting the bridge got deleted....

Pawned
    Pawned

Forum/Wiki Sponsor

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:19 PM

Aprahamian said:

Scratch that, all my hard work without spawning items and making the gold room and my room with my own items got wasted, and all the hard work I put into starting the bridge got deleted....

I told you what, 20 times? I'm working on getting the backed up world on.

EDIT: There, there's a somewhat clean world now, needs little bit of cleaning up.

EDIT2: Due to the extreme amount of grievers (gj guys :D), the server is now going private. I will be putting people on the whitelist today and when I have atleast 10 people on the whitelist, making the server private. If you want to play on the server after it's gone private. Send me an email, I will put you on the whitelist, but if you break any basic SMP rules, you will get banned.

Posted Image

Pawned
    Pawned

Forum/Wiki Sponsor

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 02:03 PM

The server is becoming private now. A new world will be created and we hope to build a peaceful world to live in.

The current whitelist is:

Pawned
Sasukii
Aprahamian
Hectik
Aethryl
iKickHobbits
kaijudomage
gamedreamerjjg
Booney

Changes to the whitelist will be reflected on the main post. If you wish to be put on the whitelist.txt please post here or send me a PM. IF you break any basic rules that are enforced on most servers, you will be warned, repetition will result in a ban.

Posted Image

majix560
    majix560

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • Minecraft: majix560

Posted 10 September 2010 - 04:50 PM

It's saying I'm not on the white list.
I would like to play again on your server.
Gone! Gone is my shameless referral link!
But what's this?

Pawned
    Pawned

Forum/Wiki Sponsor

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 04:58 PM

majix560 said:

It's saying I'm not on the white list.
I would like to play again on your server.

You've been added to the whitelist.

Posted Image