15 replies to this topic

coolpot
    coolpot

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 11:01 AM

Hi, I am trying to host a small local server for local people :SSSS:

Everything works in that people can connect fine, but when they do, the map area is either not there, or generating verry slowly! you can walk for all of 5 seconds before falling off the map!, and looking off the cliff of generated land you see occasional blocks appearing!
Picture here..
http://img190.images...6619/mcprob.jpg

Sorry for external link, but it says the board has reached attachment limit!

I am running on: Windows server 2003 Standard
AMD x2 4400
4GB Ram
Connection 2MB upload and download.

I am running the standard server for now, tried both the exe and the java version and different worlds etc.
anyone have same issues?

thanks, steve.

Register or log in to remove.

PicSoul
    PicSoul

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • Minecraft: PicSoul

Posted 04 September 2010 - 01:46 PM

Does playing single player on the PC you gave the specs for do the same thing?

u571kills

Posted 04 September 2010 - 07:10 PM

I'm having the same problem. I installed Windows Server 2003 on a Dell XPS 800. I installed the newest version of java and the server is incredibly slow. I have tried both the .jar and .exe formats. When a user enters the server they fall through the map while it generates. Also if the user happens to spawn on the ground any blocks they break return after 10 seconds or so.
To note I also had Windows 7 installed on the same machine, prior to server 2003, and that ran the minecraft server just fine. It was just a memory hog.

Also the client runs fine on that same machine running windows server 2003.

I'm thinking it might be a driver problem, since I have run the minecraft server successfully on a rented virtual win2003 server.

Any thoughts?

coolpot
    coolpot

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 10:56 AM

hi, interesting to see im not the only one!

and yes it runs fine on the local machine.

u571kills

Posted 06 September 2010 - 04:18 PM

I gave up and installed windows xp pro, the native OS for the machine. Now everything runs fine. It must have been a conflict with the chipset or sata controller drivers when running Win2003 server.

jingoji
    jingoji

Carpenter

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 08:50 PM

I'm running a server for just me and my friend and i'm also having sync problems; i see him running into walls; also sometimes I get attacked by invisible mobs; he gets attacked by them quite often he tells me.  Some areas of the map are unmine-able I mine it and it just re spawns; and some areas you place an object and it dissapears when you place it using up one of the objects in your stack; he tells me it happens to him often as well.

YenRaven
    YenRaven

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:49 PM

I am having this exact same issue.

I'm running the server locally on a windows 7, 8 gig ram, Intel i7 processor.  I thought this should be more than enough but it runs very slow.  The server stats shown in the server window are all fine and there is still an intense amount of lag.  The game is unplayable on SMP.  PLEASE HELP!

MooChaqa
    MooChaqa

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 09:14 AM

I don't know if you guys have solved your problems but I wanted to bump the thread as am experiencing identical symptoms.

Any ideas?

Gordin
    Gordin

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 09:25 AM

My Server had the same issue when i set the reload-interval (in the prop. file) lower (standart is 30000). I don't know why it should be low in your config, but this has the effect shown on the picture.

MooChaqa
    MooChaqa

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:33 AM

Hi there,

I don't actually have that line in my prop file...

Here are the details from the file. It remains unchanged from when it was auto generated.

#Minecraft server properties
#Thu Dec 23 15:21:40 GMT 2010
level-name=world
hellworld=false
spawn-monsters=true
online-mode=true
spawn-animals=true
max-players=5
server-ip=
pvp=true
server-port=25565

Crosshairs

Posted 04 January 2011 - 07:31 PM

Same Problem here, i upgraded to a new system "Core2 Duo 2.0ghz, 6GB DDR2 800,server running on a 2GB Ramdisk and on the HDD" and my map is generating REALLY SLOW... but before on a "P4ht 3.2ghz, 2GB DDR 400" and on my main box " PhenomII 550x2 3.1ghz unlocked b50 4x at 3.8ghz, 4GB DDR3 1600" its running fine.. using the hey0, and offical server client's, both servers and main system running windows 7..

Nohdrel
    Nohdrel

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 05:13 PM

I have the same Problem, and don't know how to solve it.
It takes very long time until the start region has been created and when I'm in game it takes up to 30sec until a destroyed block is really destroyed.
Hope someone can help me :D

jinmurasaki

Posted 06 March 2011 - 11:51 PM

Turn on Limit Framerate. It's the only way I could fix it so far.

Miekssssss
  • Minecraft: Mieksssss

Posted 13 June 2011 - 04:04 PM

I am having similar problems. I used to run a server perfectly fine for quite some time before the 1.6 update.

My PC Specs:
Intel Quad Core i7 (also tried on my other pc with Intel Q6600 Quad Core, same issue)
4GB Ram (1024 dedicated to the minecraft server by using the .bat. I've also tried more and less ram to see if that's the issue)

Anyways, here's what my server looks like now:

This is just as i start the server and connect
Img1: http://img593.images...rverglitch1.jpg

This is a couple of minutes later, still floating and glitching
Img2: http://img339.images...rverglitch2.jpg

This is about 5 minutes later, getting bored at this point
Img3: http://img695.images...rverglitch3.jpg

This is after i closed minecraft and reconnected.
Img4: http://img718.images...rverglitch4.jpg

As you can see there's only a certain area that has properly rendered. I can't roam around and explore or anything. If i go near the edge the server starts screaming at me saying "Mieksssss moved wrongly!". And yes, i am flying using MyCraft, but before you accuse it of being the problem, i also ran minecraft without it and it's still the same issue.

If anyone knows a fix, please let us know asap as this bug is putting me off the game. Thanks in advance.

thefez6
    thefez6

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:30 PM

what you need to do is take your laptop, throw it outside run over it with a car. buy a new one and then your done
Posted Image

Notchy_NET
    Notchy_NET

Zombie Killer

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 207 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:54 PM

Make sure you're using the latest version of Java (Java SE 7u21). Try to keep everything closed on the PC you're hosting on besides the server. You can also try giving the Minecraft server more RAM on startup.

java -Xms512M -Xmx2048M -jar craftbukkit.jar -o true
PAUSE

http://www.oracle.co...ds-1880261.html

Posted Image

Premium hosting without the premium price!

^ We've slashed our prices even further! ^