Ram:768 mb
Video card:via chrome 9 hc integrated 333mb
it's driving me crazy
i have all the updates
please tell me what to do

Register or log in to remove.

chuckaknuckle

Posted 25 April 2011 - 08:54 PM

Your computer is probably overheating. Try dusting it out.

If that doesn't help, there's probably a piece of hardware that could be going bad.

I'm retired from this forum.

cozmayo
    cozmayo

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 09:35 PM

other games work but only minecraft crashes

chuckaknuckle

Posted 25 April 2011 - 09:36 PM

Try updating drivers, getting them directly from the manufacturer's website.

I'm retired from this forum.

cozmayo
    cozmayo

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:57 AM

they are directly from the manufacturer's website.

cozmayo
    cozmayo

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:35 AM

someone help me...?

cozmayo
    cozmayo

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:56 PM

someone...?

dahlgren
    dahlgren

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1046 posts
  • Minecraft: dahlgren

Posted 01 May 2011 - 07:03 PM

How much of that 768MB RAM is available for Minecraft?  What OS are you running?  Most OSs will eat up a nice chunk of that just running normally.
"Never try to teach a pig to sing.  It wastes your time and annoys the pig."  Lazarus Long

cozmayo
    cozmayo

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 05:25 PM

i use windows xp,please help !!

dahlgren
    dahlgren

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1046 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 11:38 PM

cozmayo said:

i use windows xp,please help !!

Okay, this is just a guess but around 200MB of that RAM is eaten up by the OS and peripheral drivers, etc..  That doesn't leave much to run Minecraft with.  If you can I would suggest bumping that RAM up to 2GB.  You probably have 3 256MB RAM sticks or 2 256MB & 1 512MB RAM stick so you have at least two RAM slots.  Try to get 2 1GB sticks of RAM if your computer will take them.
"Never try to teach a pig to sing.  It wastes your time and annoys the pig."  Lazarus Long

Fiarwire
    Fiarwire

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 640 posts
  • Minecraft: Fiarwire

Posted 06 May 2011 - 11:43 PM

I actually have that same computer. The sempron in it is not powerful enough to run minecraft, the igp in it is also bad, and I don't know what you mean when you say "games" because you wouldn't be able to run any real games with that rig. Your computer is probably overheating because it wasn't ment for gaming.
Rep is fo nubZ

cozmayo
    cozmayo

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:49 PM

i have 2 sticks of 512 mb,

dahlgren
    dahlgren

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1046 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:49 PM

cozmayo said:

i have 2 sticks of 512 mb,

Well, I'm not sold on the overheating idea if it, in fact, happens immediately when you start the game up BUT I think I do agree with the consensus that your computer just is not made to handle the requirements of Minecraft.  It really is quite unique in its needs.  It's an interesting combination of simple block graphics and a huge environment.  Sorry but I think that's pretty close to 'spot on'.

kados14
    kados14

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • Minecraft: Kados14

Posted 10 May 2011 - 12:11 AM

normally, if your pc is just rebooting while playing a game, expecially one that has high memory requirements such as Minecraft, it is your memory chip that is bad.

Here's how it works, think of your memory as "glass jars"  every chip on the board is a jar, if one chip is bad, when the memory gets full in the bad jar, the jar breaks, and that causes a reboot.

find a memory test program, memtest86 is VERY nice and simple.  I'd bet you have a bad stick of ram.

BTW, I am A+, Network+, and am working on my Linux and MS certifications for college.
Posted Image

dahlgren
    dahlgren

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1046 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 05:30 PM

kados14 said:

normally, if your pc is just rebooting while playing a game, expecially one that has high memory requirements such as Minecraft, it is your memory chip that is bad.

Here's how it works, think of your memory as "glass jars"  every chip on the board is a jar, if one chip is bad, when the memory gets full in the bad jar, the jar breaks, and that causes a reboot.

find a memory test program, memtest86 is VERY nice and simple.  I'd bet you have a bad stick of ram.

BTW, I am A+, Network+, and am working on my Linux and MS certifications for college.

Yeah, I quit suggesting that because no one believed it and/or actually tested their RAM but you're right on the money.  You'll see that a lot when a computer starts running a program that accesses memory addresses normally unused.

cozmayo
    cozmayo

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 10:06 AM

I will try,the thing is i tested minecraft on a computer with 512 ram,amd turion 999 mhz and ati 9200 pro family and it worked but VERY laggy

samnourbakhsh

Posted 22 May 2011 - 08:51 AM

hello, i have the same problem, it happpens about 1 hour or so after ive first opened minecraft, even though i may have closed it during that time, it will still restart. sometimes it will come up with one of those blue error screen but most of the time it just restarts.

my computer rig:

2.00 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1400
AMD Athlon X2 2.21 GHz
Windows 7 32-bit

please help me, i really want to fix this

aidanrayner999
  • Minecraft: aidanrayner999

Posted 22 May 2011 - 08:58 AM

View Postsamnourbakhsh, on 22 May 2011 - 08:51 AM, said:

hello, i have the same problem, it happpens about 1 hour or so after ive first opened minecraft, even though i may have closed it during that time, it will still restart. sometimes it will come up with one of those blue error screen but most of the time it just restarts.

my computer rig:

2.00 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1400
AMD Athlon X2 2.21 GHz
Windows 7 32-bit

please help me, i really want to fix this

My specs are as follows:

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 x2 @ 2.4GHz
GPU: nVidia GeForce GT220 1GB
RAM: 4GB, 3GB recognized
And it runs perfectly.
Vanilla, no textures, 50FPS.

I thought this would be a good guideline.
Posted Image

Puk1kup
    Puk1kup

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:38 PM

I have the same problem and i don't know what to do about it .
   So , my specs are : CPU : Intel Pentium Celeron®2.80 GHz (it is not a problem of overheating because i just dust it)
                       Ram : 896 MB kingston ... (it was supposed to be a 1 GB stick , but it seems that windows likes to take a part out of it)
                       GPU : Via chrome9 128mb integrated (bag graphix card)

Now i know this is a worse PC for gaming and such , but the reason why i'm posting this is that i get the same error and before it worked a bit laggi with a bat file @echo off
cd %AppData%\.minecraft
start javaw -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -Djava.library.path=".\bin\natives" -classpath "bin\minecraft.jar;bin\jinput.jar;bin\lwjgl.jar;bin\lwjgl_util.jar" net.minecraft.client.Minecraft

So it worked . But now when i try to use the bat file the cmd gives me the error : "The system cannot find the path specified.
The system cannot find the path specified.
The filename, directory name, or volume label synlax is incorrect.
The system cannot find the path specified. "

I want to play this game so much and i can't . If you know how to solve this please help me . AND sorry for my very bad english .

Puk1kup
    Puk1kup

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 06:00 PM

View PostPuk1kup, on 18 January 2012 - 05:38 PM, said:

I have the same problem and i don't know what to do about it .
   So , my specs are : CPU : Intel Pentium Celeron®2.80 GHz (it is not a problem of overheating because i just dust it)
                       Ram : 896 MB kingston ... (it was supposed to be a 1 GB stick , but it seems that windows likes to take a part out of it)
                       GPU : Via chrome9 128mb integrated (bag graphix card)

Now i know this is a worse PC for gaming and such , but the reason why i'm posting this is that i get the same error and before it worked a bit laggi with a bat file @echo off
cd %AppData%\.minecraft
start javaw -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -Djava.library.path=".\bin\natives" -classpath "bin\minecraft.jar;bin\jinput.jar;bin\lwjgl.jar;bin\lwjgl_util.jar" net.minecraft.client.Minecraft

So it worked . But now when i try to use the bat file the cmd gives me the error : "The system cannot find the path specified.
The system cannot find the path specified.
The filename, directory name, or volume label synlax is incorrect.
The system cannot find the path specified. "

I want to play this game so much and i can't . If you know how to solve this please help me . AND sorry for my very bad english .

Ok so i haven't post this comment for over 30 minutes and now i'm back beacause i find a way to make minecraft work with the launcher too.
         What i did (after searching for quite a while on the web) is that i got to my desktop right click it then go to proprieties then to settings tab then to advanced then to troubleshoot and on hardware acceleration i put in the third one which says : "Disable all DirectDraw and Direct3D accelerations, as well as all cursor and advanced drawing accelerations. Use this setting to correct severe problems with DirectX accelerated applications" click ok , the screen may go black for one sec and then click ok on the proprieties and the it should work as it worked for me . Hope it helped out you (some of you) guys and again sorry for my bad english i'm just start to learning it so ...