• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Powered Furnaces

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Balstrode

Posted 25 April 2011 - 10:26 AM

It was just a quick idea of mine (sorry if I someone's already come up with it, I did use google search since the site's search is down.)

Why not, as well as being able to fuel furnaces with coal, wood, lava etc. why not also give them an option to be powered by being connected to an active redstone wire? It's not OP since people generally find redstone when they're already well equipped, and by that time they will likely have already developed ways of mass-producing furnace-based items, but this, of course, would be very efficient.

Register or log in to remove.

colorfusion

Posted 25 April 2011 - 10:30 AM

Yes it would be overpowered, incredibly overpowered.
Mine one redstone ore and you already have infinite fuel? I can get about 3 stacks of redstone in my first day.

Most people get lava after redstone so it would completely obsolete lava buckets as well as any other fuel after you get 1 redstone ore mined.

Balstrode

Posted 25 April 2011 - 10:50 AM

colorfusion said:

Mine one redstone ore and you already have infinite fuel? I can get about 3 stacks of redstone in my first day.

Most people get lava after redstone so it would completely obsolete lava buckets as well as any other fuel after you get 1 redstone ore mined.

Isn't that the case with redstone anyway? Once you've conected it up, you've got infinite power to already do a number of things. Granted, maybe making the powered furnace a different object than a normal furnace, and making it out of thigns like obsidian, diamond etc might balance it out.

As for making things obsolete, things become obsolete in minecraft all the time. Take, for example, the powered track. Though it's expensive, if you have enough of them it makes powered minecarts completely obsolete.

1.337/88.9

Posted 25 April 2011 - 10:54 AM

No. I don't like this idea.
Posted Image

colorfusion

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:06 AM

Balstrode said:

colorfusion said:

Isn't that the case with redstone anyway? Once you've conected it up, you've got infinite power to already do a number of things. Granted, maybe making the powered furnace a different object than a normal furnace, and making it out of thigns like obsidian, diamond etc might balance it out.

As for making things obsolete, things become obsolete in minecraft all the time. Take, for example, the powered track. Though it's expensive, if you have enough of them it makes powered minecarts completely obsolete.

Powered minecarts are still used as a cheaper option for earlier on and on hills, they are also used on tracks that are not used much so still have plenty of uses.
Powered rails are a lot more expensive and do not work for hills and are worth it only in tracks that will be used a lot.
They do not obsolete each other because they have different uses and advantages.

A powered furnace would just confuse people and would be impossible to balance.
Adding random crap to the recipe may help it be a little more balanced but removes logic from it.
Plus even if it used 9 diamonds which is the maximum you can fit into the crafting grid it would still be overpowered.

dreadnought

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:42 AM

I don't like this idea. sorry but if you have a redstone powered furnace thats overpowered to the max and one redstone = infinite power whats the point. having a furnace powered by coal adds realism to the game and it stops people from being able to constantly pump out iron ore without doing and work first
Who are you and why are you looking at my signature?