• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Minecraft... Scary?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

ClaytonPoweredUp

Posted 25 April 2011 - 08:28 AM

Is it just me or can MineCraft go from being a calm and relaxing game to the most terrifying game of all time? I mean take this as an example. I'm walking through a cave minding my own business when out of no where, I'm face to face with a Creeper/Zombie/Skeleton. This happens every time I play MineCraft and it scares the crap out of me every time, and don't even get me started on the creepy music that pops up every once and awhile!

Anyways, is it just me? Please tell me its not just me or I'll feel like a complete wuss...

Register or log in to remove.

ratelslangen
  • Location: if you read this and i just posted it. im probebly on the interwebz.

Posted 25 April 2011 - 08:32 AM

ure not alone :Diamond:
i shit in my pant the first night :Diamond:
im never gona build a home under a small hill :Diamond:
and im never gona build my houses underground so big and curvy.
but it is survival for a reason. howerver minecraft is getting creeper with every update.
after a while you only get a heart attack from a creeper next to you :Diamond:
they always be creepy
Posted Image

awopcxet
    awopcxet

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2357 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 08:33 AM

i were scared when a zombie come from above and killed me with one hit

Remski0
    Remski0

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Minecraft: Sir_Remski

Posted 25 April 2011 - 08:33 AM

When things like this happens it makes me jump, damn those skeletons..
Posted Image

nickmackie

Posted 25 April 2011 - 08:34 AM

i think the scariest thing is the creeper you dont see, the ones that explode when youre least expecting it. i swear this is the only game that has ever made me jump.

Remski0
    Remski0

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Minecraft: Sir_Remski

Posted 25 April 2011 - 08:43 AM

nickmackie said:

i think the scariest thing is the creeper you dont see, the ones that explode when youre least expecting it. i swear this is the only game that has ever made me jump.
Play Amnesia: The Dark Descent.
Posted Image

Doucheball

Posted 25 April 2011 - 08:57 AM

The reason Minecraft can be so scary (if we're talking caverns) is because in other games, you die, use a quickload and then you're back in businesss. In Minecraft, you wander around in a cave, you see every spot that is dark and you think there's a beast in there, you know that you have no idea how to get back to your location because the caves are a maze so if you die...Well, you're basically fucked. Even if you know the way back to your exact location in that cave, you in most cases have NOTHING with you down there. All your important minerals, all your hard work is lying there on the cave floor, fading away, protected by skeletons, zombies, slimes, creepers and you have nothing to fend them off with.

Minecraft is a scary game, it has made me cry tears of anger, tears of insanity, tears of fear.

EnglishSpider
  • Minecraft: Duckpasties

Posted 25 April 2011 - 09:13 AM

Remski0 said:

Play Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

Holy shit, no!

OT: I don't really get "scared" in Minecraft per sé. More the fact that it makes me jump alot.
For example, I was spelunking and I was walking about on one of those gravel piles you sometimes find. I could hear a skeleton nearby but he suddenly shot an arrow and I jumped clean off of my seat  :GoldBar:

Codevert

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:21 AM

I scream when Creepers explode behind me..
Posted Image  Posted Image Posted Image  Posted Image
Supporting:
Posted Image

scavengeriel

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:30 AM

well said... minecraft is indeed scary there is this sound thats like a opening door with a high screeching noise it creeps me out really... and those creepers.... the damn creepers...those pestilence that inhabit our land may it night or day... F*** them!!!!
Watch how I beat the living lights out of a creeper                                  
Posted ImagePosted Image

sportakus2
  • Minecraft: sportakus3

Posted 25 April 2011 - 12:29 PM

sketelon 75%
creeper 50%
zombie 25%
animals 50%

why ANIMALS? because if you doing in night,then you look behind you,you think is zombie!!!!but actually is cow.....damn these cows!
http://www.bronyland...MzE4MXwyMzk2OTg
FLUTTERSHY!
And minecraft should have....umm....i dont wanna even say...

Theguywho33

Posted 25 April 2011 - 12:34 PM

The skeletons are scary not the sounds (Ok a little) But the sounds are so annyoyning

Firedog118
  • Minecraft: Firedog118

Posted 25 April 2011 - 12:38 PM

Yeah I'm sure that half the time I'm playing minecraft like I'm in a SWAT team, checking every corner before I got round, always on my toes.
It doesn't do me any good, at all.

Kesuli
    Kesuli

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 629 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 12:44 PM

Turn the music and the sound off, then put the difficulty to peaceful and never dig caverns. Tada! Not scary anymore.

...Actually it makes the game more fun when it has a pinch of fear :P
Posted Image

ThatDutchIdiot
  • Minecraft: ThatDutchIdiot

Posted 25 April 2011 - 12:45 PM

Firedog118 said:

Yeah I'm sure that half the time I'm playing minecraft like I'm in a SWAT team, checking every corner before I got round, always on my toes.
It doesn't do me any good, at all.

Move move move.. Room clear!

I shit my pants in those silent caves where you suddenly have a arrow flying to you or a creeper who jumps on your face.

Last night I was walking around in a cave where I didn't notice a second cave right above me with a small hole in it. I swear, 5 creepers fell down that hole on my head and all exploded...
Working on a big medieval town in SSP Click me

TZ
    TZ

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 01:59 PM

I was scared of the monsters in Minecraft. Until I made a Mob farmer and mob killer. Now I see their tearful eyes as they go up a tube in the middle of my house, praying me for mercy, knowing they are no more than farm animals for me.
:stone:
Posted Image

halofreak1994

Posted 25 April 2011 - 03:26 PM

I played the game on peaceful fow a few months, so i could make myself an anti-zombie castle. After that and a bit of screwing around. I finally am playing on normal. I just hope that creepers :Pig: don't mess up my castle walls.
Posted Image

Kageon
    Kageon

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 891 posts
  • Minecraft: ElectricRedPanda

Posted 25 April 2011 - 03:36 PM

this would be scary:

laying down some torches.... walking... suddenly!
Posted Image
Hey, pssst! Have a great day! :)

Ultimohobo

Posted 25 April 2011 - 03:49 PM

It's become a hell of a lot scarier since mobs started spawning in light areas D: Skeletons visiting when I was trying to sleep were bad enough, but when a creeper appeared behind me in the main room of my wooden house...

Edvun
    Edvun

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:15 PM

Requesting the video of the guy who was mining diamonds near a pool of lava when a creeper crept up behind him and blew up! I believe he was doing a livestream, because on youtube it seemed like he was talking to himself.
Posted Image