• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

25wes25
    25wes25

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:12 AM

Hey is there any way to turn weather off because im building quite a big survival map and the snow messes the whole thing up! Or is there a way to select an area in mcedit and delete ONLY snow?
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

skittles1208

Posted 10 August 2011 - 07:08 AM

Okay put 2 positions and each corner of  where the snow is , then click copy and replace and you are gonna wanna find and click snow then (dont click fill yet) click replace (right ontop of fill) then click click air(0) and then press *fill* then you are all set and done.

lPrawny
    lPrawny

Stone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 81 posts
  • Minecraft: lPrawny

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:02 AM

If you download the Single Player Commands mod, you can turn weather off yourself by typing /weather rain

grgarside

Posted 10 August 2011 - 01:55 PM

View Postskittles1208, on 10 August 2011 - 07:08 AM, said:

you are all set and done.
*until it snows :D

View PostlPrawny, on 10 August 2011 - 09:02 AM, said:

turn weather off yourself by typing /weather rain
That's just temporary. If you're building a survival map and you don't want people to have snow, telling them to install SPC and whenever weather comes turn it off isn't the best of solutions.
By the way, if you're using SPC you don't need the /.

Anyway, you can use WorldEdit to //thaw areas which will turn them into rain areas instead of snow areas. If you just remove the snow then next time it will just snow again, whereas the //thaw command changes the weather in that area to rain instead of snow. :D
Hello! I'm a Minecrafter running the latest developer preview of Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks on a 15" rMBP.
If my post is helpful please click on the green Posted Image in the bottom-right of my post :)