• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Refund

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

GamerMan100

Posted 03 September 2010 - 12:10 AM

I read we are allowed a refund within 30 days of purchasing the game. I fit those qualifications and it is day 5 since I requested a refund and nothing.

Is the creator away on vacation or something? Not looking good for their customer service.

Register or log in to remove.

pyrosheep
    pyrosheep

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1410 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 12:11 AM

Why do you want a refund?
[media]http://mlkshk.com/p/NC9[/media]

GamerMan100

Posted 03 September 2010 - 12:13 AM

Because I am unhappy with the product.

pyrosheep
    pyrosheep

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1410 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 12:16 AM

Are you sure its not just a refund if the product breaks?

GamerMan100

Posted 03 September 2010 - 12:18 AM

Q: How do I request a refund?
A: You can request a refund for any reason within one month of buying the game by sending an email to [email protected]. Please put "refund" in the subject line so I can find it. Make sure to include the original transaction id from the receipt email you got from paypal, and what username you're using.

That is from the Minecraft website if you click on the small text Support / FAQ at the bottom right hand of the site. To prove it even further, here is a screen shot.

http://img841.images...f/62606131.jpg/

I have included my transaction ID from Paypal, I put REFUND in the subject line, and I gave my account name I used for it on Minecraft.

pyrosheep
    pyrosheep

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1410 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 12:21 AM

FIrst of all, how did you get firefox and be able to play it on there??? It won't let me!
Anyway, your right. Maybe Notch is busy?

GamerMan100

Posted 03 September 2010 - 12:25 AM

If you have NoScript, it may be blocking it. Or you need Java for Firefox.

I do hope that is the case and he is on break. He makes a load of money from this game, he should hire people to work his e-mails, or check them more often.

Refunds should be very high on the priority list in his [email protected] e-mail address.

pyrosheep
    pyrosheep

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1410 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 12:35 AM

I already downloaded java, but is there a specific version for firefox? Thanks.

GamerMan100

Posted 03 September 2010 - 12:36 AM

I have to most updated version.

pyrosheep
    pyrosheep

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1410 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 12:37 AM

Thats what I have... but it doesn't show up...

Concept
    Concept

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 966 posts
  • Minecraft: Concept

Posted 03 September 2010 - 01:29 AM

Notch is pretty busy these days. He'll get to your email, along with thousands of others, when he gets back home.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

boran_blok
    boran_blok

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 936 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 06:42 AM

See this is the reason he wants to hire someone for customer relations. I think the refunds/tech support alone will take him over a week of fulltime work.
Minecraft does not run? Check the alpha Hardware Requirements
Update your drivers for Intel, ATI and nVidia
Getting the message "Customized computer manufacturer graphics driver is detected" ? Use the workaround described here

GamerMan100

Posted 07 September 2010 - 04:39 PM

9 days and counting.

Marcus101RR
  • Minecraft: marcus101rr

Posted 07 September 2010 - 06:06 PM

pyrosheep said:

Thats what I have... but it doesn't show up...

I have it working on All three browsers, make sure your plugins are enabled correctly and security is lowered in firefox. FireFox has a powerful security in regards to Activex, and Java apps. Also make sure the plugin is ENABLED (Installed, also if so).

Works fine, if you have further problems, I can assist you with Teamviewer, and see if I can help you out on your demise.

Posted Image

NOW FOR MINECRAFT

NipplesOfTheFuture

Posted 07 September 2010 - 06:14 PM

Before you commit to asking for a refund, think for a second and just realize that the game is still in Alpha. At this state, the game is basically at the very least functioning. Sort of a proof-of-concept if you will. It's going to be buggy; that's what Alpha stages are for.

Also keep in mind that you're not just paying for the opportunity to test the game before it's released, you also pre-ordered the full game in development. When the finished game is done and ready for sale, you will already payed and the game will be free for you.

GamerMan100

Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:59 PM

NipplesOfTheFuture said:

Before you commit to asking for a refund, think for a second and just realize that the game is still in Alpha. At this state, the game is basically at the very least functioning. Sort of a proof-of-concept if you will. It's going to be buggy; that's what Alpha stages are for.

Also keep in mind that you're not just paying for the opportunity to test the game before it's released, you also pre-ordered the full game in development. When the finished game is done and ready for sale, you will already payed and the game will be free for you.

I understand that and I have thought about that before I requested a refund. I have already committed to getting a refund.

Marcus101RR
  • Minecraft: marcus101rr

Posted 09 September 2010 - 04:07 PM

I probably smell the "P" word in this topic, but good luck with that refund.

Posted Image

NOW FOR MINECRAFT

GamerMan100

Posted 09 September 2010 - 06:16 PM

11 days and counting.

I am at the point where I am going to open up a dispute with Paypal if I don't get my refund soon.

There is absolutely no excuse for why it is taking so long for him to send me, and possible others, my refund. He has a responsibility to respond to these e-mails in a timely manner. He can't just "take a break" without having someone to work his support e-mails, that is VERY poor customer service. He should have worked this all out before he decided to sell this game. Hell, have a friend or family member work the e-mails if he is having a hard time trusting someone to work the e-mails. Like I said this is very poor customer support.

Cizadlo
    Cizadlo

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:30 PM

If you asked for it on the fifth day, he'll have your refund for you when he gets to it.

He's an indie developer. He doesn't have the money or manpower to hire someone to do his customer service for him. He's not some monolithic company with a dedicated customer service crew. He's one man. Be patient.

GamerMan100

Posted 10 September 2010 - 03:46 AM

It has been 11 days in total since I asked for the refund, I asked for the refund on the 30th of last month.

As I said in my previous post, he should have thought about customer service before he offered his game for sale. There is no excuse for this poor customer service, no matter where they may live. Ask a friend or family member to work the e-mails and offer them a little pay here and there for their hard work if he is short manpower. It is simple as that.

You defend him because you have had no issues to this date, but put yourself in my shoes, or someone else shoes who are going through a similar issue. When someone who is selling a product to thousands of people and then decides "Oh I am going to take a break" knowing he has no one to man his customer service while he is on break, that is a huge deal.