• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Minecraft Keeps Freezing!+ Wierd Glitches

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

TheRealDealReece

Posted 02 September 2010 - 11:59 PM

i was playing Minecraft singleplayer for a few hours today and i had just finisjed up my moat and was about to exit the game when it froze on me,

so i relaunched it and loaded it up to find that none of the progress id done today had saved and the game was slow, i was a bit annoyed but i thought it couldve been wors,e so i proceded to redo my moat but all of a sudden the screen went to a pixalted green colour (kind of a like the colour of a creeper) i couldnt move at all or do anything and my hearts dropped as my character made the "ooo" noise

i spawned at my respawn point then went back to where i died to find none of my stuff was anywhere to be found, i was a bit annoyed again but i got some more materials from my chest and carried on then 5 mins later it froze

so i thought forget this, i deleted my world and loaded up a previous back up from a few days ago but then my game still kept on crashing, i switched from fancy to fast graphics and although the graphics didnt change at all and it was still slow it stopped crashing well at least for another half an hour

i also forget to mention whenever the game crashed and i relaunched the client i would notice really wierd things like loads of enemies suddenly spawning all aroud me or a floating island that was never there before

i dont know what to do
i dont know if its java thats the problem(i have the latest version 1.60.21 or whatever it is)
or if its the actual game client thats corrupted or if the games servers are having problems
i doubt its my video/graphics card or ram im 10+ hours into the game and this is the first reak problem ive had with minecraft,my pc isnt a gaming powerhouse but its good enough to run games like far cry and prince of persia,
i even use advance system care and game booster just to make sure my games run as smoothly as possible

i know this was very lengthy but i wanted to be as detailed as possible so i could be sure to get help
any suggestions would be apreciated
Posted Image    Posted Image    Posted Image    Posted Image    Posted Image    Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Electrolyte

Posted 03 September 2010 - 04:19 AM

I have had the same thing going on... played for hoursw last night on multiplayer, however today after playing some single player i had the lockup and freezes mentioned by OP.  Now I can't play single or multiplayer for more than about 45mins without the client locking up.

this is on my laptop running Win 7 home premium 64bit...  anyone have any thoughts?

TheRealDealReece

Posted 03 September 2010 - 10:06 AM

i went onto windows update and it says i have an important update: windows vista service pack 2
ill download that and see if it makes any difference

EDIT: Nope still didnt make any difference my game is still crashing!
Posted Image    Posted Image    Posted Image    Posted Image    Posted Image    Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

TheRealDealReece

Posted 03 September 2010 - 12:26 PM

Can no one help a miner in need?
i guess not.... :Diamond:

Electrolyte

Posted 03 September 2010 - 03:21 PM

Ok, so after a bunch of poking and prodding last night i believe i have fixed my issues.  Tried a bunch o stuff, like clearing the java cache, and even removing my minecraft saves... all to no effect.  So finally i ended up uninstalling and reinstalling java.  Make sure to run a registry cleaner of some kind between the uninstall and reinstall...   let me know if this works for you

TheRealDealReece

Posted 03 September 2010 - 09:44 PM

Electrolyte said:

Ok, so after a bunch of poking and prodding last night i believe i have fixed my issues.  Tried a bunch o stuff, like clearing the java cache, and even removing my minecraft saves... all to no effect.  So finally i ended up uninstalling and reinstalling java.  Make sure to run a registry cleaner of some kind between the uninstall and reinstall...   let me know if this works for you

thanks man reinstalling java worked! ive been playing minecraft without a problem,

well it did randomly crash when i pressed f11 to exit out of full screen but java gave me an error log in notepad something its never done before, so it must mean that java wasnt working properly prior to the reinstallation.
that crash i had must of been just a one off because it didnt crash again after that

socrstd7
    socrstd7

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 12:19 PM

Hey mine is doing the same thing... how do you delete your java.... i read that you guys just reinstalled it i have no idea how to do all of that stuff any one mind telling me?

Wulf_Oman
    Wulf_Oman

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1030 posts
  • Minecraft: Wulf_Oman

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:35 AM

I cant go 20 seconds before it freezes! Why? By the way i just uninstalled/reinstalled java

Gwain96
    Gwain96

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 11:12 PM

Same. I have tried optimine, game booster, re-installing java, changing render distance, looking at the sky to reduce chunk updates, and even setting java priority to high. I don't know what to do...  :iapprove: , You had better fix this soon. We should  :D  :D 's house until he fixes it.

Llechtim
    Llechtim

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Minecraft: Llechtim

Posted 27 April 2011 - 03:44 AM

Just dropping in to this thread to let you guys know how I fixed this problem.

I only worked it out tonight by running Speccy "http://www.piriform.com/speccy" alongside Minecraft.

My main CPU temperature was spiking something fierce, so I had to dismantle my PC and give all of my components a thorough clean-out, turns out I had a horrific amount of dust caked on and around some of my components (especially my CPU). Before doing this it showed that my CPU was operating around 95 Celsius :D, Whereas afterwards it was only reaching around 85 Celsius on full specs (Far render, Smooth lighting etc).

I also went into my Advanced tab via the Control Panel (Windows) and altered the size of my Virtual Memory (paging file) under Performance. This coupled with the above measured enabled me just now to play the game from some 4 hours without a hitch, it was barely even lagging :D.

So there is my personal fix, I really hope that it helps all of you out and brings you many hours of Minecrafting!

Fellow Minecrafter, Mitch.

Rajcoolrules
  • Minecraft: Rajcoolrules

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:49 AM

Try Playing In-Browser it worked for me.
But I tryed re-installing Java and all that shit and still my launcher breaks I can't even enter a game it immediatly breaks up!
Posted Image

Eddshere
  • Location: The land of the free-on the moon. I can honestly run around naked and nobody is around.

Posted 13 May 2011 - 06:34 PM

MY situation:
Minecraft freezes/crashes periodically (Unknown time taken to crash)
Pausing and/or quitting+saving seems to reset the timer (if there is one)
As you can probably tell, I'm no computer whizz (I can't even install a mod.  :) )
But a strange thing is, it saves when it crashes, almost like quitting and saving, but it
misses out some of the changes I make.
I may try uninstalling and reinstalling Java, just to see what happens.
ALSO, my laptop is... admitedly not really designed for gaming, so yes whilst it plays it is average lag.
I have just seriously done this for teh lulz.
I mean, why not?
PayPal sure does stretch the meaning of 2-3 days a bit......

Zuu_MONSTER

Posted 12 June 2011 - 07:41 PM

i just got minecraft today and ive been playing for about an hour its crashed about i want to say 3 times....its really frustrating i dont know what to do! :(

PULP_Dunsparce
  • Minecraft: PULP_Dunsparce

Posted 17 June 2011 - 11:30 PM

i fixed my problem by installing the right java, i had 32 on a 64 bit machine, i changed it and now my minecraft hasn't crashed and it's almost 2X the speed

Epicman106
  • Minecraft: Emptied_pie

Posted 18 July 2011 - 08:58 PM

I get a very similar problem, it freezes like you said, but any music or sounds keep playing, im unable to walk and no mobs can move either, tje video is completely frozen and this is anoying when im mining, becuase il spawn inside of a block sofocating, and somtimes spawn in a random cave, theres no way to veiw or close minecraft after that, exept i can end the java alpication process to restart minecraft.
Posted Image

Hollieday
    Hollieday

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1212 posts
  • Minecraft: Emotoinal Dragon

Posted 18 July 2011 - 09:06 PM

It could be a corrupted minecraft file or something. I would recommend making your own threads, that way this one doesn't get clogged up because of it. If you don't, I'll just report all of your spam on your issues when this is not the thread for that.

View PostHydrophidian, on 31 May 2011 - 05:31 AM, said:

This post is completely inappropriate. Remove it at once, or suffer eternal nagging.
Posted Image

I ♥ trolls

sirGrandpaFart

Posted 22 July 2011 - 12:52 AM

mine only seems to crash on world with a ton of stuff on them, I think my other worlds are getting affected because they lag like crazy! to the point where i cannot even move, i have to wait like 15 seconds before I even respond, HELP

nickshawisshort
  • Minecraft: nickshawisshort

Posted 14 August 2011 - 04:59 AM

Omg! i am having the exact same problem!! I play minecraft for a bit in the browser for about 5-10 minutes then it freezes! I press the ecsape button and i click save and quit to title when it unfreezes and continue on playing. and it does this ALL the time. And on other occasions my computer freees completley and i have to shut down my WHOLE computer and lose EVERYTHING on the world i was playing on while it froze, including the world itself. :( i wish it didn't! it gets so frustrating!

thecrafter33

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:43 PM

Alright, heres my story.
ever since i installed a couple mods, i cant play for ten seconds before the screen locks up and closes altogether.
ANYTHING?
Posted Image

TheTorterraMaster
  • Minecraft: thetorterraminer

Posted 16 December 2011 - 07:33 PM

Ok, My problem:
Every about 20 minutes, my game either lags like crazy ( i mean, it continues after 30 SECONDS OR SOMETHING!) Or it freezes. I have tried chaging my settings and re installing java (Twice!). Can anyone help?!?!
I think endermen are plain shy.Posted Image
.... Or not....