• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Can't climb ladders since 1.5_01

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

dafydd_brown

Posted 24 April 2011 - 03:46 PM

A few problems since update. HD texture pack needed updating but now causes the game to crash whenever I hit a mob. I guess this is a texture pack issue though so I can live with this problem for now. I've seen another post about weird shadows on the tops of stairs which seems to resolve with smooth shadows turned on... I can't remember why I hadn't turned them already... there may have been a reason.
Biggest issue though is that I can't climb ladders properly anymore. Previously merely walking at one would cause me to begin climbing, now only jumping at the ladder will cause me to climb. Once I get to the top of the ladder though, I can't go any further and can't get off at the top I just keep bumping into the top of an invisible barrier type issue-ma-problem.
Anyone else experienced this or have a fix?
This is my first post - sorry if there are already threads about this issue but there doesn't seem to be a search function. Thanks very much!

Register or log in to remove.

colorfusion

Posted 24 April 2011 - 03:50 PM

Since 1.5_01 ladders need to be built properly.
In real life you probably can not lift your leg more than one meter high while standing one foot on a ladder pole thing.
Instead of this:
[]
:D
[]
:Diamond:
[]
:Diamond:
[]
(Where stick is ladder)
You need to do this:
:D
:tnt:
:tnt:
:|:  

jammieftw
    jammieftw

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 940 posts
  • Minecraft: jammieisftw
  • Xbox:jammieisftw

Posted 24 April 2011 - 03:59 PM

colorfusion said:

Since 1.5_01 ladders need to be built properly.
In real life you probably can not lift your leg more than one meter high while standing one foot on a ladder pole thing.
Instead of this:
[]
:iapprove:
[]
:sponge:
[]
:sponge:
[]
(Where stick is ladder)
You need to do this:

in the 1.5_0 update
doing:
[]
[]
[]
[]
makes u fall off
Posted Image
HELP MEH OWN TEH INTERWEBS! >:D

dafydd_brown

Posted 24 April 2011 - 04:02 PM

Thanks guys, I can actually lift my legs approximately 1.2 metres whilst climbing ladders but I suppose I'll have to live within the limitations of everyone else (I'm kidding of course).
Thanks for the quick answers!

Divisor
    Divisor

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1539 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:13 PM

I think the real problem is that Notch completely broke ladders with gaps instead of just discouraging their creation and usage.

So I suggested systematic gapped ladder discouragement method (instead of completly breaking them) in the Suggestions forum. (Thread here: http://www.minecraft...hp?f=1&t=308426)
Posted Image
Not Minecraft-related, I know - but the author wants more readers - and to be honest, he deserves them!