Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Can't drag items around

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

CosmicJoghurt

Posted 24 April 2011 - 01:00 PM

Greetings... I'm new on the forums...

Recently I've played a bit on MP servers, and I've ran into this problem... Basically, sometimes, at some point, it just happens that I can't drag any items around my inventory, or from the inventory to chests, furnaces, etc... Basically if I click and drag an item it's the same thing as if I wasn't clicking, I get no response and nothing moves around. This has only happened to me in MP, since I rarely play SP at the moment, but when I get BACK to SP, without restarting Minecrat, the problem persists.

Everything else works, except moving things around. This is fixable by restarting Minecraft, but I would rather not, it's annoying.
I'm on a MBP, 13'', running OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.7, in the latest version of minecraft.

Cheers

PS: I also get the annoying black screen bug when playing in-browser, but that's a different story, and it seems that it hasn't been fixed for... around a year or so... Just sayin' :)

Register or log in to remove.

CosmicJoghurt

Posted 25 April 2011 - 10:21 PM

bump :Diamond:

kuyanatan

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:51 PM

I have the same problem and OS. It's *sometimes* resolved when I chat a single colon (":").
You can still move items in and out of chests, but it doesn't let you drag the item. It just jumps directly to the first available slot.

GrugDude

Posted 26 April 2011 - 11:33 PM

Just restart Minecraft.  Also, one problem is you have a Mac.  Only kidding, i'm just a PC guy here (:
This has happened to me before and, does it fix when you restart Minecraft?  If so for how long does it stay working?  It its an occasional problem, just restart every now and again.  If its consistent, then I can't help you... Sorry.

Also, for the second guy, are you holding shift?  If you hold shift it just jumps to your inventory, and visa versa.
Posted Image

Rabidtangerine
  • Minecraft: Rabidtangerine

Posted 26 April 2011 - 11:38 PM

Are you holding down the mouse button? You make it sound like you are. Just clicking an item once will grab it.

If you're not, I apologize, and I can't help you.
In Minecraft, 3 things are certain; Day, Night and Cobblestone.

c6030315
    c6030315

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 11:43 PM

I have had this problem before. Try logging out of your computer then log back in.  :)
Posted Image

kuyanatan

Posted 27 April 2011 - 02:09 AM

Rabidtangerine: Nope. Thanks, though.
c6030315: Tried that. Not working...

Syncronyze

Posted 27 April 2011 - 02:31 AM

I've had this problem aswell. It seems that if I place a block down on the ground it works. Or restarting my minecraft, but I assume you've done this before.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

LSky
    LSky

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 02:44 PM

I've been experiencing this too on my server. Any connection between this problem and the TradeCraft plugin?

kuyanatan

Posted 28 April 2011 - 12:58 AM

Don't believe so. Sometimes happens in SSP.

kuyanatan

Posted 28 April 2011 - 05:01 AM

The problem seems to be (temporarily) resolved when in fullscreen mode. Hm...

LSky
    LSky

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:11 AM

Restarting minecraft solves the issue for me.

Superfunny

Posted 28 April 2011 - 07:20 PM

Does any1 know Notch or know his email u could just tell notch to fix this cause im getting this aswell :( :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :iapprove:  :wood:  :wood:  :wood:  :iapprove:  :iapprove:  :iapprove:  :iapprove:  :iapprove:  :iapprove:  :iapprove:  :iapprove:  :iapprove:  :iapprove:  :iapprove:  :iapprove:  :iapprove:  :iapprove:  :DORE:  :DORE:  :DORE:  :Zombie:  :Zombie:  :Zombie:  :Zombie:  :Iron:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :DORE:  :DORE:  :DORE:  :DORE:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:

kuyanatan

Posted 07 May 2011 - 12:34 AM

Shameless bump.

Rapture333

Posted 20 December 2011 - 11:53 PM

This server is awesome, keep it up guys

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:55 AM

the real question is: how do you play minecraft with a mouse that has 1 button and a keyboard that doesn't let you use F1-F12 for games on an OS supplies its own java making it un-reliable and difficult to play games? I owned a mac, and i don't recomend one.