• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

TOO MANY ITEMS INSTALLATION HELP!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

superdego89

Posted 24 April 2011 - 09:19 AM

I seem to be having problems installing the too many items mod. I am pretty sure I am doing everything right, but it doesn't seem to work. This is what I am doing:

-Download Zip file
-Extract

- go to roaming folder
- go to bin folder
- open minecraft.jar with WinRAR
- Place the following files from too many items into jar file:
                   -  _tmi_MgButton.class
                  - _tmi_MgItemPanel.class
                 - _tmi_MgWidget.class
                -  _tmi_MgCanvas.class
                  - TooManyItems$StateButtonData.class
               -  _tmi_MgWidget$_tmi_MgZOrder.class
                  -  ho.class
                - TooManyItems.class

Delete META-INF folder, Close and try to play....

When I try to load minecraft after, it just freezes. It won't fully load the game. And no, I didn't copy the readme file by accident. I have tried this same installation on XP, Vista, and Windows 7... None of them work.

Thanks.

Register or log in to remove.

alexwarhammer

Posted 24 April 2011 - 09:38 AM

You don't extract , you just open the file , but I don't know if that would have anything to do with it. But just for safety try it again without extracting.
PUCK THE FOLICE V.2
THE PIME IT'S TERSONAL

Vafik
    Vafik

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 12:38 PM

Extracting the files is fine, thats not the problem.  Sounds like your doing everything right.  The only thing I could think of is you have a different version of Too Many Items then your Minecraft version.  Your Minecraft version should be 1.5 and you should be useing this version of TooManyItems http://www.mediafire...m0f4xw78m3cm5re  this link is for the current version you need if your up to date on Minecraft.

Atlantisspy

Posted 24 April 2011 - 01:24 PM

did you reneame the folder you get out of extracting it minecraft.jar? that was my problem
Posted Image
A mysterious force pulls towards the eggs....

Koveryl
    Koveryl

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • Minecraft: Pikapika5

Posted 24 April 2011 - 03:03 PM

I can't help you, but wrong forum buddy :)
Squirrels

AlexaiZ
    AlexaiZ

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • Minecraft: AlexaiZ

Posted 24 April 2011 - 09:59 PM

I had this problem. You have to redownload the client, and possibly force an update.
Posted Image

superdego89

Posted 25 April 2011 - 03:21 AM

Vafik,

That is the same file I am using. Just for the heck of it, I tried it again anyway... It didn't work.. It's really frustrating. You know of anything else that could be wrong? I know you shouldn't need a mod loader for this mod, but should I get one anyway? This is the only mod i've tried to use as i am fairly new to minecraft.

Pikapika5,

Apologies. I am new to minecraft, and minecraft forums..

Thanks.

dan3697
    dan3697

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • Minecraft: dan3697

Posted 28 April 2011 - 12:57 AM

Wrong section

also its probably not working because you didn't install modloader?
The scientific theory I like best is that the rings of Saturn are composed entirely of lost airline luggage.
   --Mark Russell

Tá m’árthach foluaineach lán d’eascainn! / Tha mo bhàta-foluaimein loma-làn easgannan!

The_blueberry_muffin

Posted 28 April 2011 - 02:09 AM

Try to google minecraft TFC's mod manager and put too many items for the latest minecraft update in your documents file on your cpu then open up mod manager and click the box with the plus on the top right corner and double click toomanyitems.zip with risagumi's modloader click finish modding wait a minute or 2 if it freezes on "cleaning up" just minimize and unminimize and play ur minecraft and then hit inventory if toomanyitems isnt there click o and enjoy!
Posted Image
seriously get camelore
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image [SSSS]

[COW]