Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

WorldPainter - user creations


  • Please log in to reply
244 replies to this topic

#1

Captain_Chaos
  • Location: The Netherlands
  • Minecraft: Captain_Chaos

Posted 21 April 2011 - 09:14 PM

This thread is for screenshots and links to .world files or Minecraft levels that you have created using WorldPainter. Show off your work and let others see what is possible!

Please don't post questions or feedback here, there is another thread for that already.

Bring on the screenshots!
I made WorldPainter & the PorteCoulissante & RetractableBridge Bukkit plugins (visit mc.pepsoft.org in Minecraft). Please donate!

Register or log in to remove.

#2

wallofchaos

Posted 21 April 2011 - 11:02 PM

This is just the crude picture from the editor. The pink are underground passages. My 4th map Just
Fixed all the fire on the exported map :tnt:


Experimenting with things, Hoping to get some idea's from others if their willing to upload theirs.



Posted Image

.worldfile, note: the world file starts a huge fire. I recomment loading the Playable map only.
http://www.mediafire... ... haos.world

http://www.mediafire... ... fchaos.rar
Playable map level.dat so you dont have to convert it if you dont have worldpainter or whatever.

I know this inst a spectacular map I am still learning.

Such an amazing mapping tool I think we could come up with some really sweet maps.
I support every plugin and mod I use.

#3

bangbang2621

Posted 22 April 2011 - 06:06 AM

Just took a few pics from my new map ...

Posted Image

http://img812.images...0422014806.jpg/

btw, let me know if the pics work. i never used image shack before.
Posted Image

#4

Captain_Chaos
  • Location: The Netherlands
  • Minecraft: Captain_Chaos

Posted 22 April 2011 - 08:13 AM

bangbang2621 said:

btw, let me know if the pics work. i never used image shack before.
Yep, they work. Thanks for putting them up! Pretty cool.

They work, but I think it would be even nicer if you include them in your post directly. Should be possible, using the [img] tag.
I made WorldPainter & the PorteCoulissante & RetractableBridge Bukkit plugins (visit mc.pepsoft.org in Minecraft). Please donate!

#5

Captain_Chaos
  • Location: The Netherlands
  • Minecraft: Captain_Chaos

Posted 22 April 2011 - 08:15 AM

wallofchaos said:

This is just the crude picture from the editor. The pink are underground passages.
Nice! One thing though: I notice you used the "populate" brush on the entire map. If you want the whole map to be populated by Minecraft you don't have to do that, you can just select the "populate" option on the export dialog instead.

Edit: although in your case I would not use "populate" at all, since you already manually painted trees, frost, water, etc., and you're using "resources" as the sub surface material. It seems to me enabling "populate" is merely redundant.
I made WorldPainter & the PorteCoulissante & RetractableBridge Bukkit plugins (visit mc.pepsoft.org in Minecraft). Please donate!

#6

wallofchaos

Posted 22 April 2011 - 04:53 PM

Captain_Chaos said:

wallofchaos said:

This is just the crude picture from the editor. The pink are underground passages.
Nice! One thing though: I notice you used the "populate" brush on the entire map. If you want the whole map to be populated by Minecraft you don't have to do that, you can just select the "populate" option on the export dialog instead.

Edit: although in your case I would not use "populate" at all, since you already manually painted trees, frost, water, etc., and you're using "resources" as the sub surface material. It seems to me enabling "populate" is merely redundant.


Yea, I did notice that. Thanks for the info..
I support every plugin and mod I use.

#7

wallofchaos

Posted 22 April 2011 - 04:54 PM

bangbang2621 said:

Just took a few pics from my new map ...


btw, let me know if the pics work. i never used image shack before.

Nice lookin map from the other images :_:
I support every plugin and mod I use.

#8

Taiine
    Taiine

    Blaze Extinguisher

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 4194 posts
  • Location: In a mine somewhere
  • Minecraft: Taiine

Posted 22 April 2011 - 06:44 PM

I chose to use this for the base of my adventure survival map. Finally away to make an island with ease. But what really drew me in was that I could finally have the really dense forests I've been wanting.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Still fixing up the land in game before I start building the towns.

Posted Image


#9

bangbang2621

Posted 22 April 2011 - 07:19 PM

Sweet looking map ... Wouldn't want to be in that forest after dark .   :RedShroom:  :RedShroom:
Posted Image

#10

bangbang2621

Posted 22 April 2011 - 07:47 PM

Pics from new map ...

http://img856.images...422153528l.jpg/

Posted Image
Posted Image

#11

wallofchaos

Posted 22 April 2011 - 09:11 PM

Taiine said:

I chose to use this for the base of my adventure survival map. Finally away to make an island with ease. But what really drew me in was that I could finally have the really dense forests I've been wanting.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Still fixing up the land in game before I start building the towns.


Nice, Current map I'm working on has similar theme with the edges to try and blend out with out with boundries.
1st posted map was done too quickly.


Nice job. I like it.
I support every plugin and mod I use.

#12

Taiine
    Taiine

    Blaze Extinguisher

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 4194 posts
  • Location: In a mine somewhere
  • Minecraft: Taiine

Posted 23 April 2011 - 02:02 AM

Thanks. I just wish the biome could be edited. It was to be a nice tropical island... but than weather came and sprinkled part of the map with snow! Doing a biome check, it seems the bioms are random, some are tigra, some are swamp, some forest, I have every biome on my small map scattered and mixed in areas, small patches, it's odd o.o though it does give a interesting color change to tree leaves and such. But when weather hits finding small patches of snow in the rain, or small bits of rain in the snow.

I just made a boat out in the water in the lower right (where you start) and it ended up being in a small little patch of snow fall with rain around it. So a small area gets covered in snow :VV:

Posted Image


#13

630tiger
    630tiger

    Obsidian Miner

  • Members
  • 1480 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 03:06 AM

Taiine said:

Thanks. I just wish the biome could be edited. It was to be a nice tropical island... but than weather came and sprinkled part of the map with snow! Doing a biome check, it seems the bioms are random, some are tigra, some are swamp, some forest, I have every biome on my small map scattered and mixed in areas, small patches, it's odd o.o though it does give a interesting color change to tree leaves and such. But when weather hits finding small patches of snow in the rain, or small bits of rain in the snow.

I just made a boat out in the water in the lower right (where you start) and it ended up being in a small little patch of snow fall with rain around it. So a small area gets covered in snow :D
I really want a biome editor in it too. You should probably (kind of like I did) post a comment on the page for WorldPainter about it.
"I realized I just liked making them move."
"Look at me still talking when there's science to do. When I look out there it makes me glad I'm not you."

#14

Ilkenaal
    Ilkenaal

    Out of the Water

  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 04:55 PM

I've uploaded a bunch of pictures of stuff I've done in WorldPainter here:

http://s199.photobuc... ... ldPainter/

Most of them are from the world that there's a map of, except for the five first pictures (not counting the map).

#15

bangbang2621

Posted 02 May 2011 - 09:13 PM

Been a bit since I posted anything so here goes ....

Posted Image

I'm using your worldpainter program and working on it in a bukkitt server with the voxelsniper plugin.

crafftbukkitt info ...

http://bukkit.org/

voxelsniper info ...

http://www.voxelwiki... ... oxelSniper

Can't wait for the next release, thanks again for this.
Posted Image

#16

Godavari
    Godavari

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 07:21 PM

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

These three are from a small floating islands map I made. I created a 2x2 map at about half the max height out of solid bedrock and painted in some pretty intense caverns. Then, using WorldEdit, I replaced the space in the caverns with stone and then deleted the bedrock "shell." I overlayed a layer of dirt followed by a layer of grass, then I used Repopulator to add in the trees, ores, and water/lava.

============

Posted Image
Posted Image

On this map, I created a hilly area underwater, then used the "raise" tool to create the basic shape. After a bit of mountaining, smoothing, and texturing, I loaded up the world and used RiverGen to create some nice water features.

#17

Crunkatog

Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:40 PM

Our desert survival map "Valley of the Kings"

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

edit: Godavari your floating islands map is genius.

How did you overlay dirt/grass? Manually, or with a function in WorldEdit/MCEdit? Want to try this myself on a bigger scale.

Posted Image


#18

Godavari
    Godavari

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:59 AM

View PostCrunkatog, on 31 May 2011 - 03:40 PM, said:

Godavari your floating islands map is genius.

How did you overlay dirt/grass? Manually, or with a function in WorldEdit/MCEdit? Want to try this myself on a bigger scale.

I used the WorldEdit "//overlay" command. It comes packaged with Single-Player Commands, so if you have that you're golden.

#19

PortalGunfun
  • Location: Locale.

Posted 04 June 2011 - 09:54 PM

The Floating Islands map looks amazing. Could you post a download link?
Posted Image

#20

Godavari
    Godavari

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 12:57 AM

View PostPortalGunfun, on 04 June 2011 - 09:54 PM, said:

The Floating Islands map looks amazing. Could you post a download link?
http://www.mediafire...kf8f74ck6ltgvue
I've never zipped a file before, so sorry in advance if this totally fails!