• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

justain
    justain

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 11:14 PM

Ok, I did almost all the achievements (they are too easy and kinda pointless as of now, but I think achievement mods can be cool for adventure maps, custom games, and other types of mods).  I did all the other ones excluding two of them in less than 15 minutes.

I still have to push a pig off a cliff, and build a 1 KM rail.

Ok, I think I can figure out the pig one, but I'm confused about the 1 KM rail.

I looked on minecraft wiki about measuring distance, and according to: http://www.minecraft... ... g_Distance

1 KM is 1000 blocks!  Really?  I have to build a rail system that goes 1000 blocks?  6iron+stick = 16rails so I need 375 iron?  Not to mention the powered and detector rails (AWESOME addition by the way.  You just put one detector rail on each side of the powered rail, and your booster is set!).

Has anyone completed this achievement?  I don't understand why they would make simple ones such as building cakes, get a piece of wood, etc and then make us build a 1000 block long rail system.

Can someone help verify this?

Register or log in to remove.

Flarg101
    Flarg101

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 659 posts
  • Minecraft: Flarg101

Posted 19 April 2011 - 11:16 PM

Because they don't want everything to be TOO easy. They don't want you to finish them all in one gameplay, do they? They need to challenge you so they can make the next update right after you're done with them. Also, they want you to have enjoyment until more come out.
Check out my youtube! I'm a game commentator!
http://www.youtube.c.../OmegaWolfGamer

Sword_Frog
  • Minecraft: Sword_Frog

Posted 19 April 2011 - 11:19 PM

you only need to travel 1Km you dont have to go in a straight line and you can just loop ur track and make a roller coaster type thing, shouldnt be too hard if you have a couple booster tracks helping you

EDIT* I'm trying to get the achievement by looping but its not working, i guess the achievements with that special box around are kinda of long term cuz you need to find a saddle first to complete "When pigs fly" which are only in dungeons and i dont understand what to do for the pig achievement because you still cant control pigs and how far does it have to fall

Posted Image

Hidden creeper above the O

justain
    justain

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 11:24 PM

Sword_Frog said:

you only need to travel 1Km you dont have to go in a straight line and you can just loop ur track and make a roller coaster type thing, shouldnt be too hard if you have a couple booster tracks helping you

Did this work for you?

I tried this already with a small 25 track circle, and I guess I didn't wait long enough.  I started getting dizzy.  Let me try it again.  This time I'll use 50, and count 20 revolutions.

justain
    justain

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 11:54 PM

Ok, that didn't work.  I counted 20 revolutions and I afked for like 5 minutes on top of that.  So I'm guessing it's 1000 blocks.

Lame.

I think I have enough iron for it, but seriously, all the other achievements take a few minutes and this one would take a hours (to mine all that iron).

SaaNeter
    SaaNeter

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 12:48 AM

The Achievement says to travel 1km from where you started

darktom777

Posted 20 April 2011 - 01:26 AM

i started at 4.16km traveled by minecart then finished at 5.30km thats longer 1km isnt it. my track isnt a loop ether.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

justain
    justain

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 01:53 AM

darktom777 said:

i started at 4.16km traveled by minecart then finished at 5.30km thats longer 1km isnt it. my track isnt a loop ether.

did this work for you?  I don't want to waste the tracks on this achievement.  I'll build a roller coaster or something later to get this one done.

Darkoviax

Posted 20 April 2011 - 02:05 AM

Finished all the achievements a couple of minutes ago, the rail one gave me a lot of trouble though - But I think you have to actually travel more than 1km away from where you start in one direction.

Eg: If you start at x = 0  z = 0 you need to travel to either x = 1000/-1000 or z = 1000/-1000

Not something like x = 500  z = 500 etc:

The first rail I built was a giant corner shape, it went out about 500 or so blocks and then turned and went downwards for a while and even though every time I rode it and then checked my stats to confirm I had gone further than 1Km I still didn't get the achievement.. So I built a huge extension further on and travelled in roughly a straight line and got the achievement.

As for the pigs, Idk how far you had to fall, but I got it from mounting the pig and then punching it a few times. On the 3rd or 4th It flew though the air, fell about four blocks and died.

Caesar441

Posted 20 April 2011 - 10:15 AM

yea the pig achievement is kinda tough, cause first try i punched my pig too often and it just died:( next time i did the expert line: i caugt a pick in a location, then digg a big whole infront of it then sit on the pig, then make water behind and let the pig get pushed down with the water;). i am still working on the railroad quest, but makes fun to make a railroad all over everything, i climed up and down several mountains with it already:D

vayluuf
    vayluuf

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 10:19 AM

The pigs have to die upon landing on the ground from their leap of faith.
Also the 1KM Rail thing really isn't all that "crazy", iron is crazy plentiful, and so is wood. Just make a huge rollercoaster type thing by using the game's physics engine to propel you down a block, across a few blocks, down one block, etc etc. <- I'd assume that'd work. look up some stuff on the wiki, it'll help. (I haven't done it yet honestly.)
Posted Image

publicg
    publicg

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 12:18 PM

i had a rollercoaster that ran 11 minutes and 55 seconds without looping. it should satisfy the 1 km achievement - maybe 2 or more km

the video link is

some comments are appreciated :)

videogameur

Posted 20 April 2011 - 05:56 PM

I built an (almost) straight rail of more than 1KM (according to the stats), and I still haven't got the achivement...

Do we need to be one KM away from our start point in the X AND the Z coordinates ?

EDIT : Ok I got it. As Darkoviax said, the km is comptabilize only for one direction. You need to travel one km in X OR 1 km in Z.

buggins101

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:10 AM

i built an over 1km rail and failed to get the achievement. all i can think is that my pre booster-rail glitch boosters (where you use an adjacent rail with another cart on it to accerlerate) messed it up. has anyone else had this problem?

buggins101

Posted 12 May 2011 - 01:12 PM

please disregard my last, very tired, made stupid mistake

Soul93
    Soul93

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 01:44 PM

Sword_Frog said:

EDIT* I'm trying to get the achievement by looping but its not working, i guess the achievements with that special box around are kinda of long term cuz you need to find a saddle first to complete "When pigs fly" which are only in dungeons and i dont understand what to do for the pig achievement because you still cant control pigs and how far does it have to fall
all u need to do is ride piggy of a cliff so he splats :Sheep:
minecraft minecraft minecraft

Hallios
    Hallios

Carpenter

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:14 PM

uploading a 1.024 KM rail now link will be to download do does anyone know of a better host as megaupload deletes it after 90 days since last download

LINK: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1IZ89S7L
please ask if it dosent work or there is anything wrong just unzip and put in saves

Posted Image

himanbam

Posted 12 May 2011 - 09:54 PM

vayluuf said:

The pigs have to die upon landing on the ground from their leap of faith.
Also the 1KM Rail thing really isn't all that "crazy", iron is crazy plentiful, and so is wood. Just make a huge rollercoaster type thing by using the game's physics engine to propel you down a block, across a few blocks, down one block, etc etc. <- I'd assume that'd work. look up some stuff on the wiki, it'll help. (I haven't done it yet honestly.)
the pig doesn't have to die. when i did it i only fell 3 blocks and my pig barely got hurt.

Eyduria
    Eyduria

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:05 AM

I earned the rail achievement but I had to reset my .Minecraft folder because it got corrupted, the game reset my names achievements, does anyone know why?

And looping the tracks doesn't work

Dr Colossus
    Dr Colossus

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1041 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:47 AM

Are you going to build a rail system JUST to get that achievement?