• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Minecraft, not compatible with windows XP?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

henivst
    henivst

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 05:39 PM

I just bought the game and when I run it the screen just go black! For maybe a second, I can se that it´s loading but then, just black. Is it possible that it doesn´t work with windows xp or can it be somthing else? Please anybody help??

Register or log in to remove.

chuckaknuckle

Posted 19 April 2011 - 05:41 PM

Windows XP isn't the issue.

Ensure you have the latest video driver installed, as well as the latest Java.

I'm retired from this forum.

henivst
    henivst

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 05:50 PM

thanks!!

I´ve reinstalled the game and updated java but how do I find out wich video driver I have?

siryossi
    siryossi

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 05:59 PM

Works fine in the browzer for me and running xp pro on a AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core @ 2.91 ghz with 2 gig of ram and on board graphics other than maybe little wee bit sluggish works fine.
Even works fine on my old Mac Powerbook 17" 1.76ghz which did not really work under the 1.4 beta

siryossi
    siryossi

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 06:12 PM

henivst said:

thanks!!

I´ve reinstalled the game and updated java but how do I find out wich video driver I have?

Go to control panel to system properties and click hardware tap and run device manager and check video card drivers. other way to check is to system updates doing the advanced and check the optional installs to see if video driver is updatable. If not check the manufatures web for driver updates or if it is a PCI or APG card go to the vendors web and download the most recent drivers for your video card!