• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[Forge] TrainCraft (formerly Trains and Zeppelin mod)

trains forge carts coupling minecraft zeppelin railcraft ic2 compatible

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4158 replies to this topic

tigerbird1
  • Minecraft: tigerbird1
  • Xbox:tigerbird1

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:50 PM

View PostZacharyThePatapon4562, on 22 November 2012 - 07:40 PM, said:

Can you do keep this mod up to date with the popular Feed the Beast mod pack instead of the current version of minecraft? Thanks :3

View PostBlockyDude, on 23 November 2012 - 11:19 AM, said:

Nice idea, it would be very nice to see this mod on FTB Posted Image

View PostTheMrFailz, on 23 November 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

Anything but FTB. Seriously. If anyone should have it (The rights to use it in their modpack), it should be Tekkit(also known as Technic). Now before anyone else freaks out and pulls the bandwagon they-don't-have-the-rights card, just about everything they use they now have the rights for. Anything else they doesn't specifically the permission for the mod author doesn't care if people use it in a pack or not. The only reason they originally didn't have the rights is because it was never intended to be a public mod. You can thank the Yogscast for it becoming public.

./ENDLESSONOFTHEDAY

----------------------------
Edit reason: Had to add the "(also known as technic)" line.

All previous arguments over tekkit.
Now that tekkit has 98% permission for ALL modders(yes it is true, i read a VERY long post by one of the MAKERs of FTB explaining that he went to all of the modders to set it straight), why can't it be in both? IC2 is in both. RP2(when it finally comes out lol) will be in both. Buildcraft is in both. Why not traincraft? While i do PREFER(PREFER, not I HATE TEKKIT FOR LIFE) FTB(because it isn't an OVERLOAD of mods, and there isn't the highly annoying wind sound high up in the sky), i wouldn't not use tekkit. Me and my friend have a private server that IS tekkit. There ARE parts of tekkit i like better too, like Somnia, and that SPHAX Pure BD is out the the whole pack. Thus why not get the best of both worlds and have traincraft in BOTH. Is there a new rule that it can't? Cause a LOT of mods are already breaking the rule!
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

m7macross

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:48 PM

View Posteromanrocks, on 10 November 2012 - 07:50 PM, said:

http://trains-and-ze...es.com/Download

Only version compatible with Bukkit is for 1.2.5, there's no bukkit support (yet) for 1.3.2+

Also, stay in the look out for the FTB modpack when it gets released so you can ditch Tekkit and its illegalities (which i'm not going to bother mentioning, google it up if you want)

thanks for the info, there is a 1.4.2 single player version out, and im liking it like tekkit,  love that it has a updated buildcraft and IC2 up todate.  now waiting to see when train craft is out, hopefully will work with 1.4.2 minecraft.  thanks for the help and info and keep up the good work to the traincraft mods, and hope it comes out great,

Leanardoe
  • Minecraft: Ryan_Leanardoe

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:31 PM

View Postm7macross, on 23 November 2012 - 06:48 PM, said:

thanks for the info, there is a 1.4.2 single player version out, and im liking it like tekkit,  love that it has a updated buildcraft and IC2 up todate.  now waiting to see when train craft is out, hopefully will work with 1.4.2 minecraft.  thanks for the help and info and keep up the good work to the traincraft mods, and hope it comes out great,
buildcraft and IC2 have 1.4.5 beta versions out on their sites. you have to look harder.
Posted ImagePosted Image
I'm a lion.

notchman123
  • Minecraft: minenr

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:39 AM

when you update this mod 1.4.2/1.4.4/1.4.5?   Posted Image

CSX8600
    CSX8600

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:33 PM

I don't know why, but I'm going to lose my faith in this mod pretty soon :(.  It's partly because of Jeb though, I think he hates mods xD.  He makes updates so quick and forces mods to not be able to update.  I understand that devs have a life, I do.  But I've been waiting for quite some time.  At least a percentage of how much is finished or an estimated release date would be wonderfuI.  I LOVE this mod!  But it's taking too long and I might just skip using it.  That's too bad :(

SilverSatin

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:51 PM

View PostCSX8600, on 25 November 2012 - 06:33 PM, said:

I LOVE this mod!  But it's taking too long and I might just skip using it.  That's too bad Posted Image

you think this has taken too long ?  redpower never even touched  +1.3.0 yet and worse thing about it theres no clear ETA on it either.  [off-topic comparison]

I think development has slowed down because of a change in the person/team thats developing it  or so i remember reading about it a couple of pages back and AT LEAST this author informs everyone about the delay and changes here.

You should be thankful and understanding about that, i highly appreciate this as opposed to the way EloLady of RP doest her silent 'informing'.  now before anyone shouts out TROLL this is actually a valid comparison to the situation.

..:: CM Cosmos II | Phenom II X4 955 | EVGA GTX 670 SC2 | Corsair 16 GB Vengeance | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z ::..
..:: WD Caviar 3TB | WD Caviar 2TB | WD Caviar 2TB | WD Caviar 320GB | Patriot SSD 30GB ::..

KuroNeko87
  • Minecraft: KuroNeko87

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:12 PM

Well, right now the Dev team consists of MrBrutal, DV8FromTheWorld, and KiraKun they are working to get it out but remember, the mod was never fully complete. Yes, it was released in 1.2.5 but it still had major bugs and issues like crafting. They want to Finish it completely and release it. The reason why there's no beta release yet is because the majority in the dev group don't want to release a broken beta. I tried a build for 1.4.2 and it was really unplayable crafting system still broken and many crashes. Rest assured They are working on it :). Get on IRC and you might find the devs in there. They are friendly and Communicative (unlike a dev from a major mod)

=D /join #traincraft
Posted Image

Felix_the_Stoat
  • Minecraft: Felix_the_Stoat

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:43 PM

View Posteromanrocks, on 25 November 2012 - 07:12 PM, said:

Well, right now the Dev team consists of MrBrutal, DV8FromTheWorld, and KiraKun they are working to get it out but remember, the mod was never fully complete. Yes, it was released in 1.2.5 but it still had major bugs and issues like crafting. They want to Finish it completely and release it. The reason why there's no beta release yet is because the majority in the dev group don't want to release a broken beta. I tried a build for 1.4.2 and it was really unplayable crafting system still broken and many crashes. Rest assured They are working on it Posted Image. Get on IRC and you might find the devs in there. They are friendly and Communicative (unlike a dev from a major mod)

=D /join #traincraft

I can vouch for the communicative nature of the devs.  I went on there once and DV8 and eroman were on there and explained a lot of things to me.  Thanks guys!

MetalkingJames
  • Minecraft: MetalkingJames

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:02 AM

Is this mod compatable with multiplayer?

KuroNeko87

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:30 AM

it is for the already released versions, It will be available multiplayer when the latest version is released
Posted Image

Senioo
    Senioo

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 231 posts
  • Minecraft: Warplord

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:39 AM

i am really looking forward to this mod, too :)

Adds lots of stuff to do when u got heaps of resources and just want to build a huge railcraft network. But then u want to put something more then a minecart on it, no ? :P So this is where this awesomeness comes in handy.

Definitely hoping to see compatibility with probably steam/peat/ic2 EU etc. ways of powering your trains. (I know there are certain electrical ones, just hope to see even more compatibility.)

Keep up the good work and can't wait to play this again :P

rrusciguy
    rrusciguy

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 911 posts
  • Minecraft: rrusciguy

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:33 PM

View Postelopuppet, on 26 November 2012 - 09:08 PM, said:

are you planing to update this mod?

as a general rule, read the last 5 or so pages, and possibly use the search function on the thread, and then post if your q still isnt answered. Yes, they are working on updating
"my build. I push the buttons" -DW
He's a mad man with a box
Posted Image

Slye_Fox
  • Minecraft: slye_fox

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:36 AM

Will you be using the new liquid API in forge on the tankers?
Posted Image
Shana Dova

ClockworkHearts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:46 AM

So looks like we got 2 months till 1.5.
‚Äč Posted Image

legowaffle21

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:01 AM

Posted Image

Anything but FTB. Seriously. If anyone should have it (The rights to use it in their modpack), it should be Tekkit(also known as Technic). Now before anyone else freaks out and pulls the bandwagon they-don't-have-the-rights card, just about everything they use they now have the rights for. Anything else they doesn't specifically the permission for the mod author doesn't care if people use it in a pack or not. The only reason they originally didn't have the rights is because it was never intended to be a public mod. You can thank the Yogscast for it becoming public.

./ENDLESSONOFTHEDAY

And how does such reason qualify as Tekkit "deserving" to have it?
Plus the FTB team has already stated on the mod being a maybe, but also in the no section, guessing this is do to how glitchy the mod is.

BlockyDude
  • Minecraft: b0h

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:36 PM

Posted Image

./ENDLESSONOFTHEDAY

Rights? The rights are given by the maker of the mod, not taken by modpacks makers.
Besides, it simply fits the context of the FTB modpack.
Also, why "oh god no" ? I don't remember people complain when a mod is added to a mod pack like Technic.
It's not like you can get that mod only if you use the modpack... :P
Posted Image

Hov
    Hov

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:48 PM

Does this have anything in it that needs to be loaded from the start? I would like to move on and make my world if it doesn't.

KuroNeko87

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:28 AM

View PostHov, on 27 November 2012 - 07:48 PM, said:

Does this have anything in it that needs to be loaded from the start? I would like to move on and make my world if it doesn't.

The mod does generate oil sands, but only if you turn it on as its off by default. AFAIK there's only that block for worldgen
Posted Image

KuroNeko87

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:39 AM

Can a moderator delete this, was a double post. Thanks
Posted Image

Bdhalleck
  • Minecraft: Bdhalleck

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:51 AM

View PostSilverSatin, on 25 November 2012 - 06:51 PM, said:

you think this has taken too long ?  redpower never even touched  +1.3.0 yet and worse thing about it theres no clear ETA on it either.  [off-topic comparison]

I think development has slowed down because of a change in the person/team thats developing it  or so i remember reading about it a couple of pages back and AT LEAST this author informs everyone about the delay and changes here.

You should be thankful and understanding about that, i highly appreciate this as opposed to the way EloLady of RP doest her silent 'informing'.  now before anyone shouts out TROLL this is actually a valid comparison to the situation.

Gottat admit though, with as long as its taking, I expect really good results with the new redpower release.
You chose to believe, even if it wasn't true. That's all.
Posted Image