Teeth of Time - ruin your world
version 1.0 (Graywing full release)
v1.0AWK Graywing USER PATCH - 7/11/2011
* Two crashbugs fixed by Minecraft forum user Awkisopen
v1.0 Graywing FULL RELEASE - 8/27/2011
* Added ability to select wich chunks are to be aged
* Added a WinForms GUI frontend
* Added perlin filter (nonuniform destruction, more detail)
* Numerous bugs and crashes fixed
* Substrate updated 0.7.0
v0.3 Brawler BETA - 6/18/2011
* Smoothstone erosion is now supported
* Nature takes over creations
* Added config selection (multiple configs included)
* No more floating ladders, signs, etc.
* Fluids are now properly updated
* Speed optimalizations
* Fixed loads of bugs
* Added readme file
v0.2 Alca RELEASE - 6/4/2011
* All variables are now exposed to config.cfg file
* Fixed chests, furnaces, etc. losing their contents
* Couple of minor bugfixes
* Substrate updated to 0.5.2, should work with Minecraft 1.6.6
v0.1 Astral RELEASE - 4/18/2011
* Initial release
Ever wanted to build an ancient looking castle, but then realized it lacks that decaying feel? Or did you always want to create an adventure in dark ruins, but feared the amount of work it would be? Maybe you just want to ruin your base and then launch an expedition in, feeling like an archaeologist when digging for buried chests full of treasures? Then Teeth of Time is for you!
-So, what is this "Teeth of Time"?
Teeth of Time is a C# map manipulator, designed to simulate effects of weathering and time on manmade structures. This is done in a very realistic way, making blocks to fall off or tople and lay on the ground. Nature takes over human creations by covering them in grass, trees and other natural features. Everything is fully customisable, configs can be easily made, stored and chosed at start of the application.
-What can it do?
* Unsupported blocks fall, supported blocks topple
* Blocks decay into others (cobble into mossy cobble, etc.)
* Nature takes over human creations, using Minecraft itself to repopulate all chunks
* A Perlin filter to add non-uniform destruction and more detail
* Ability to ruin either the whole world or selected chunks only
* Everything can be customised in config files wich can be easily chosen at start of the app
* Multiple official configs included, with varying degree of decay
* Fluids recalculation
* GUI frontend provided to run the program
* Batch file compatible
* Mod compatible
-That's nice and all, but give me some screenies!
I hear you! Here you can see several before/after comparsions:
(Click any pic to get it's larger version.)
-Ok, maybe, maybe I'll download...
Here are the links. You only need to install .NET Framework if you haven't ever used a C# app before.
.NET Framework 4 installer: http://www.microsoft...&displaylang=en
Teeth Of Time Google Code link (download v1.0 there): http://code.google.c.../downloads/list
-Does it run with any world?
Of course it does! It does particularly nice in combination with these tools:
Mace random city generator (by Robson_)
MCDungeon dungeon generator (by Eggplant!)
-Hey, you promised us a "Credits" section above!
Yes, you are right! Many thanks to:
- Jaquadro for his Substrate Map editing API
- Kuba1920 for his castle world I used to test v0.1 of the tool.
- Oldshoes for Broville I tested v0.2 on.
- Robson_ for Mace city generator I currently tested the v0.3 on.
- Coau14, Angry Lolrus and Arcade909 for testing the release candidates for 1.0
- This community for keeping interest for this project in me.