• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

DotCraft [1.7.3] 16x16 ++ :D

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

Poll: Rating (72 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you think?

1. I use this texture pack cause it's awesome. (23 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. I don't use it, but it's wonderful! (11 votes [15.94%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.94%

3. I like it. (13 votes [18.84%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.84%

4. Nothing special. (9 votes [13.04%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.04%

5. I don't like it. (13 votes [18.84%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.84%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Terpterp
  • Minecraft: Sairothon

Posted 18 April 2011 - 02:10 PM

DotCraft

by Sairothon (Terpterp)

VERSION 1.7.3 COMPATIBLE!

MEDIAFIRE DOWNLOAD (MAIN Mirror 1)

MEGAUPLOAD (Mirror 2)

Click to support me! No download!

Posted Image

Hello Minecrafter!
This is a texture pack for Minecraft that took me around one month to make! I have changed every single block in Minecraft (including cloth [which I made pure, vivid colors]), the health/armor/breath bar, crops, fast/fancy leaf trees, sun and moon, and perhaps one or two other things. I have not changed: particles, mushrooms, art, minecart, sign, plants, and some other things that don’t really apply too much to texture packs for Minecraft. I have not used any ideas and/or designs from any other texture pack out there. If you find one that is very similar to mine, then that is simply a coincidence that we had the same idea for a design. Also, please note that I WILL be updating this texture pack whenever Minecraft gets an update. When I stop updating the pack for whatever reason (such as being too busy, getting another one, etc), then I will announce in on the top of this page, and I will see if I will allow others to take over the updates. Please also leave feedback of what I could improve for future texture packs/what I could change with this one!

The download link(s) have been provided above, clicking the Mediafire download with bring you to a mirror that does not require wait time. If that link/file doesn’t work for you for some reason, then the Megaupload mirror is there for you to use as an alternative, though you have to wait 25 seconds for that one. If that one does not work, then please report it to me via PM and I will see if I can’t help you out.

Here are a couple of in-game screenshots of Minecraft with the texture pack:

Grassland/Forest:
Posted Image

Desert:
Posted Image

Cave:
Posted Image

terrain.png:
Posted Image

A video I made:

Thank you AloSec for this video! :

PLEASE READ:
If you make videos of Minecraft, and you want to use this texture pack in them, please feel free to do so! As long as you do not claim that you have made this texture pack, of course. It is your choice completely whether or not you want to link your viewers to this texture pack via replies and/or the description of the videos. However, doing so is greatly appreciated! :) Sharing is not only limited to videos. If you want to share it on forums, I encourage you! Just remember not to take credit :P And again, regarding videos, if you chose to make one purely about showing off the texture pack, please post the link here and I might just put it up in the videos section of this thread! :)
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Want to help support DotCraft? Then I'd really REALLY appreciate it if you would add one of the two banners below to your signature :) It really helps a lot by linking people to this thread! :D

Big Banner (COMING SOON)

Small Banner:
Posted Image
[url=http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1021&t=292726][img]http://i.imgur.com/OaDyI.png[/img][/url]

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

nurik54
    nurik54

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 02:14 PM

Looks really nice

gb2matty
  • Minecraft: gb2matty

Posted 18 April 2011 - 02:19 PM

Very Nice and smooth looking! Only complaint is the sides of grass. I don't like the brown being in a grid. Its very distracting
Posted Image

Terpterp

Posted 18 April 2011 - 05:42 PM

Ah, i see what u mean. I do wanna stick to the grid style though. I'll probably just make the dots really light and only visible when ur actually looking for them like i did for sand.

Thanks for the feedback! Keep it coming :Bacon:
Posted Image

Terpterp

Posted 19 April 2011 - 04:50 PM

Please keep this thread alive! I worked one month on this texture pack and only two people reply? You have no idea how sad i am right now -_-
Posted Image

Firedog118
  • Minecraft: Firedog118

Posted 19 April 2011 - 05:14 PM

I'm actually really liking this, a lot!

Well done!

gb2matty said:

Very Nice and smooth looking! Only complaint is the sides of grass. I don't like the brown being in a grid. Its very distracting

Yeah I feel the same way, I think if the brown of the dirt was a bit more similar to the brown of the grid, it would be better, right now they just clash in a "distracting" way. Hope this helped. :Orange:

Terpterp

Posted 05 May 2011 - 05:22 PM

I have finally updated the pack to be compatible with the current version of Minecraft! Special thanks to gb2matty and Firedog118 for giving me feedback, leading to me creating a better type of dirt.

Please try out the pack and give me feedback! I am open to improvements! :iapprove:
Posted Image

creeper craft

Posted 05 May 2011 - 05:34 PM

i really like it except for the sidegrass, maybe you can make the grid at the grasspart drakgreen and and the dirtpart darkbrown

(i hope you know what i mean XD)
Posted Image
Posted Image

Sade1212
  • Minecraft: sade1212

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:16 PM

No offence, but this took you a MONTH?  Really?  It's an over done idea, and from your screenshots every block is the same but just a different colour!  Really, a month?!

Hi

Terpterp

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:56 PM

Sade1212 said:

No offence, but this took you a MONTH?  Really?  It's an over done idea, and from your screenshots every block is the same but just a different colour!  Really, a month?!

I did have some problems with the design. It would either look really weird or completely wrong. So that's part of it. But I did take my time to make it. Did  a little editing, tested it out in the world, if it didn't look nice, I re-did it. Takes up time :)
Posted Image

Gestankfaust
  • Minecraft: Gestankfaust

Posted 05 May 2011 - 07:16 PM

Saw your post on Lilyo's thread. Thought I'd come check it out. I know new packs tend to get buried fast.

I think it looks good. Seen a lot of packs go the "dot" way. This one seems to make it blend better into a real world, intead of just looking like everything is a block broken into sections ("dots").

Nice job

:Diamond:    :Diamond:

Posted Image
"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to...."

Timsontheguy

Posted 05 May 2011 - 07:31 PM

Terpterp said:

Please keep this thread alive! I worked one month on this texture pack and only two people reply? You have no idea how sad i am right now :(
You worked on this for 1 month? Something like this would have taken me a week.

Gestankfaust
  • Minecraft: Gestankfaust

Posted 06 May 2011 - 12:22 AM

Timsontheguy said:

Terpterp said:

Please keep this thread alive! I worked one month on this texture pack and only two people reply? You have no idea how sad i am right now :Pig:

That's good...cause your only pack i've seen looks like it took only a week

Posted Image
"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to...."

AloSec
    AloSec

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1300 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 12:44 AM

Hey, I'll make a video. i'll try to have it up in the next 48 hours or so..

EDIT: OHBURN!! ^^

Terpterp

Posted 06 May 2011 - 06:50 AM

AloSec said:

Hey, I'll make a video. i'll try to have it up in the next 48 hours or so..

EDIT: OHBURN!! ^^

That'd be very much appreciated!! :SSSS:

Timsontheguy said:

Terpterp said:

Please keep this thread alive! I worked one month on this texture pack and only two people reply? You have no idea how sad i am right now :)

Read....

Terpterp said:

Sade1212 said:

I did have some problems with the design. It would either look really weird or completely wrong. So that's part of it. But I did take my time to make it. Did  a little editing, tested it out in the world, if it didn't look nice, I re-did it. Takes up time :SSSS:

Thank you very much Faust  for the nice comments :SSSS:
Posted Image

nurik54
    nurik54

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:23 AM

Gestankfaust said:

Timsontheguy said:

Terpterp said:

Please keep this thread alive! I worked one month on this texture pack and only two people reply? You have no idea how sad i am right now :D

That's good...cause your only pack i've seen looks like it took only a week
Good point Faust :D

I used the textyre pack for over a week, then i went back to painterly pack. it would be cool if you can make the tools

Terpterp

Posted 07 May 2011 - 03:50 AM

I've updated the pack once again.

-Grass: Now dark green around the light green grid at the top of the block)
-Redstone: Fixed graphical bug that would happen when placing the redstone down.

I also added banners! Feel free to have them in your signature! Your support is GREATLY acknowledged!! See bottom of original thread post for banners.
Posted Image

nurik54
    nurik54

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 04:30 AM

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VPDKWWT1

made some tools for you, only the irons ones done because i want feedback, the texture is different, and it literally took me 5 mins to make

darthnix
    darthnix

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 04:44 AM

Suprisingly, this is very good. Good job :Diamond:
Posted Image  Click my picture. You know you want to. :)

Terpterp

Posted 07 May 2011 - 01:08 PM

Thanks! :)

Nurik, finish the items, and I might use it :)
Posted Image