• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Xazhi
    Xazhi

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 09:09 PM

Appearance: Similar to mossy cobblestone, but instead of moss its like a maroon color, also has a glassy finish, similar to obsidian IRL.

Found Naturally: no

Made:
:o  :)  :GoldBar:
:GoldBar:  :iapprove:  :GoldBar:
:GoldBar:  :GoldBar:  :sand:   = firestone base (same properties as regular cobblestone)
Then cooked in a furnace (takes one entire bucket of lava to cook, youll see why below)

Uses: reflects light, burns mobs and players as well as setting fire to any flammable ajacent blocks. (possibly does mild damage to players and mobs at 1 block away due to heat, but probably not)

can be used to make firestone sword, which does damage between iron and diamond, and has a 5%chance to light the enemy mob or player on fire (this will not work on blocks like wood, ect.)

Block can only be destroyed with an iron or diamond pick.

thoughts?
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

KaosRitual
  • Minecraft: Mehrin

Posted 17 April 2011 - 09:16 PM

Maybe a firestone pick could have a 5% chance to auto-smelt anything it mined?
It is criminal to steal a purse, daring to steal a fortune, a mark of greatness to steal a crown. The blame diminishes as the guilt increases. http://i1190.photobu...craftBanner.jpg

themohawkninja
  • Location: In the Nether getting shot at by GhastTamer's Ghast.
  • Minecraft: themohawkninja

Posted 17 April 2011 - 09:19 PM

Me personally... it should be natural, but only in the Nether.

I like the auto-smelt idea posted above.

I like it though.
All map threads here: http://www.minecraft...ap-mega-thread/.........

Irony below.

Posted Image

Xazhi
    Xazhi

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 09:23 PM

themohawkninja said:

Me personally... it should be natural, but only in the Nether.

I like the auto-smelt idea posted above.

I like it though.

i do like the auto smelt idea as well. also i was thiking that if it was found naturally, it would only be at bedrock level, and only be found under lava oceans at leatst 5 blocks deep.  in short, a huge pain in the ass, but worth it.
Posted Image

Cubble
    Cubble

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 09:47 PM

Xazhi said:

Appearance: Similar to mossy cobblestone, but instead of moss its like a maroon color, also has a glassy finish, similar to obsidian IRL.

Found Naturally: no

Made:
:tnt:  :tnt:  :tnt:
:tnt:  :)  :tnt:
:tnt:  :tnt:  :tnt:   = firestone base (same properties as regular cobblestone)
Then cooked in a furnace (takes one entire bucket of lava to cook, youll see why below)

Uses: reflects light, burns mobs and players as well as setting fire to any flammable ajacent blocks. (possibly does mild damage to players and mobs at 1 block away due to heat, but probably not)

can be used to make firestone sword, which does damage between iron and diamond, and has a 5%chance to light the enemy mob or player on fire (this will not work on blocks like wood, ect.)

Block can only be destroyed with an iron or diamond pick.

thoughts?

Something like this is already going to come out in the Nether Update, please learn to search.
Posted Image Posted Image

LilMafia905

Posted 17 April 2011 - 09:55 PM

its worth a shot. why dont you try it out as a mod first?
Posted ImagePosted Image

Frank_Craft

Posted 17 April 2011 - 09:56 PM

Xazhi said:

thoughts?

Could be cool, but I can see this as a problem when Notch fixes the Nether portal in SMP.

a griefer said:

olololololololol. i just went into nether today (notch fixd it) and got firestone and then i went out of the nether and then i put it on Frank_Craft's wool floor and then the wood sidings caught on fire and then he caught on fire and then the whole shack burned down and den i stole hiz stuffs

No, seriously. I can see that happening, if only by accident.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

arirish
    arirish

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2124 posts
  • Minecraft: arirish

Posted 17 April 2011 - 10:46 PM

Cubble said:

Something like this is already going to come out in the Nether Update, please learn to search.
Lmao, I love how you said that like the Nether Update was a set-in-stone confirmed update, rather than just a bunch of user suggestions like the rest of the forum.