• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

JohnSmith Texture Pack V9.7 (32x) [1.4.2]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5630 replies to this topic

arkindal

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:04 AM

Wait, I'm afraid I didn't explain myself.
What I mean is, johnsmith has different stone blocks textures and it randomize it, when you look at a stone wall you see a stone with a dirt thingy on it, or just, you know, different textures that still looks similar. The texture in the screenshot is an old js stone texture and yes, I have it. My question is, since I'm not good at that, if someone could, given that texture, make few more that I can paste on the randomizer.png file in the ctm folder.
Hope I got to explain myself this time.
As for the texture:
https://dl.dropbox.c...75811/stone.png

It's just that I like the randomizer, but I don't like the stone texture in the randomizer file.
Anyway, off to sleep, goodnight for those who are about to go to sleep.
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

xXTerra_BranfordXx

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:12 AM

View Postarkindal, on 28 December 2012 - 05:04 AM, said:

What I mean is, johnsmith has different stone blocks textures and it randomize it, when you look at a stone wall you see a stone with a dirt thingy on it, or just, you know, different textures that still looks similar. The texture in the screenshot is an old js stone texture and yes, I have it. My question is, since I'm not good at that, if someone could, given that texture, make few more that I can paste on the randomizer.png file in the ctm folder.
As for the texture:

It's just that I like the randomizer, but I don't like the stone texture in the randomizer file.
Oh... if that's all you want to do, you have two choices:
  • Delete the "block1.properties" file in /ctm/ (this will stop all randomization for Stone, though).
  • Simply paste the Stone Block image you posted, over the tiles in row 1, tiles 0 through 6, where you see that "dirt clump" in the "randomizer.png file.

Mind you, short of redoing the sprites for your current Stone block texture you posted, for ~each~ of the seven "random tiles" in the randomizer image, you're better off just stopping all "random" tile generation for Stone blocks.

I say this, because right now, you have a really nice looking texture (it meshes very well with additional Stone blocks)... but trying to make custom textures to match it, so that you have multiple re-visions of that texture all connecting "perfectly" together... is going to be really hard.

It's beyond my current level of "Hack and Paste" that I use, for making my own textures.

Want Some Colored Glass for [1.6.4]?

Posted Image

Want to see my YouTube videos?

Saurron
    Saurron

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:38 AM

for me it looks like the chiseled stone and the cracked stone looks the same.They both have some little decorative squeres on them but thats all.I downloaded the pack from here https://dl.dropbox.c.../pages/eng.html and it's the updated original pack not the other1

iTpyn
    iTpyn

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Minecraft: iTpyn

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:52 AM

View PostSaurron, on 28 December 2012 - 07:38 AM, said:

for me it looks like the chiseled stone and the cracked stone looks the same.They both have some little decorative squeres on them but thats all.I downloaded the pack from here https://dl.dropbox.c.../pages/eng.html and it's the updated original pack not the other1

delete terrain213.properties located in the ctm folder
Posted Image

JimStoneCraft
  • Minecraft: JimStoneCraft

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:58 AM

View Postarkindal, on 28 December 2012 - 05:04 AM, said:

As for the texture:

I didn't like the default JS one either, I think it looks a little too harsh, here's my version from my randomizer.png file, it's smooth very subtle.

Posted Image
Posted Image
http://www.jimstonecraft.co.uk/ - John Smith Legacy - Downloads

xXTerra_BranfordXx

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:00 AM

View PostJimStoneCraft, on 28 December 2012 - 08:58 AM, said:

I didn't like the default JS one either, I think it looks a little too harsh, here's my version from my randomizer.png file, it's smooth very subtle.

Posted Image
That one is pretty nice. It's a little too much like the "Clay" blocks (but only just a little) for my tastes, but it's quite nice.

Posted Image

Toaster200024

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:50 AM

The zombies are upsidedown, I have optifine installed and it works for every other texture pack I use, anyone help?

Greenhawk837
  • Minecraft: Greenhawk837

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:13 AM

Are you using the community updated version of the pack, if not download it here

https://dl.dropbox.c...Smith_1.4.6.zip

arkindal

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:40 PM

View PostxXTerra_BranfordXx, on 28 December 2012 - 05:12 AM, said:

Oh... if that's all you want to do, you have two choices:
  • Delete the "block1.properties" file in /ctm/ (this will stop all randomization for Stone, though).
  • Simply paste the Stone Block image you posted, over the tiles in row 1, tiles 0 through 6, where you see that "dirt clump" in the "randomizer.png file.

Mind you, short of redoing the sprites for your current Stone block texture you posted, for ~each~ of the seven "random tiles" in the randomizer image, you're better off just stopping all "random" tile generation for Stone blocks.

I say this, because right now, you have a really nice looking texture (it meshes very well with additional Stone blocks)... but trying to make custom textures to match it, so that you have multiple re-visions of that texture all connecting "perfectly" together... is going to be really hard.

It's beyond my current level of "Hack and Paste" that I use, for making my own textures.

Yes, I removed the file, but I still wanted a randomizer.

View PostJimStoneCraft, on 28 December 2012 - 08:58 AM, said:

Posted Image
Thanks, that looks very nice.
Posted Image

Cory19
    Cory19

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Minecraft: cory12
  • Xbox:cory12

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:13 AM

is this still getting updated?

Greenhawk837
  • Minecraft: Greenhawk837

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:17 AM

its currently getting updated by the community until Johnsmith comes back

1.4.6 Johnsmith download

xXTerra_BranfordXx

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:14 AM

View Postarkindal, on 28 December 2012 - 12:40 PM, said:

Yes, I removed the file, but I still wanted a randomizer.
Sadly, I'm not very good at making entirely new textures... and haven't been able to make "subtle changes" to textures, to make them look great with the randomizer CTM.

So... sadly, I can't help you out, there. I'm still trying to make ~decent~ looking Cracked Stone Brick, that matches John Smith's Stone Brick and Mossy Stone Brick designs, but actually ~has~ crack lines in it. And I've been trying to do that, for a couple weeks now. >_>

Posted Image

arkindal

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:17 AM

View PostxXTerra_BranfordXx, on 29 December 2012 - 03:14 AM, said:

Sadly, I'm not very good at making entirely new textures... and haven't been able to make "subtle changes" to textures, to make them look great with the randomizer CTM.

So... sadly, I can't help you out, there. I'm still trying to make ~decent~ looking Cracked Stone Brick, that matches John Smith's Stone Brick and Mossy Stone Brick designs, but actually ~has~ crack lines in it. And I've been trying to do that, for a couple weeks now. >_>
Don't worry, it's ok :)
I'm using the one posted by Jim.
Posted Image

xXTerra_BranfordXx

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:23 AM

View Postarkindal, on 29 December 2012 - 03:17 AM, said:

Don't worry, it's ok Posted Image
I'm using the one posted by Jim.
Sounds good, then.

One of these days, I'd like to either find, or make, a decent Cracked Stone Brick block texture... it's the one texture that vexes me more than all others. I mean... seriously... it just angers me that I can't get a REAL cracked block effect going.

Ah well... time for dinner. I'll rant about it later.

Posted Image

Zeeeeeek
    Zeeeeeek

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:52 AM

View PostGreenhawk837, on 29 December 2012 - 02:17 AM, said:

its currently getting updated by the community until Johnsmith comes back

1.4.6 Johnsmith download

Thank you so much! I love the JohnSmith TP, 'cause it looks so more naturally than the other 32x Texturepacks, but still minecraftlike ^^

greetings
Zeeeeeek
Posted Image

iTpyn
    iTpyn

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:34 PM

Captured a video of the town I've built using community updated version of JS, not my customized version I use 99% of the time! Posted Image Still like it, community updated version looks great
Posted Image

arkindal

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:17 PM

View PostiTpyn, on 29 December 2012 - 01:34 PM, said:

Captured a video of the town I've built using community updated version of JS, not my customized version I use 99% of the time! Posted Image Still like it, community updated version looks great
It does, I just don't like a couple of things of the default John Smith, I liked some older John Smith textures better like the old stone for instance.

Also, where is said video?
Posted Image

iTpyn
    iTpyn

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:53 PM

It's in the Creative Forum
Posted Image

MinecraftShamrock