unico86

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Minecraft: unico86

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:11 PM

View Postmigasangelo, on 13 November 2012 - 11:32 PM, said:

is this normal?

the dirt colors don't match the grass ones...

This is what I meant. It get's worse in snowy biomes. So far it seems no one could help me.

I tried a few things, but only thing that worked so far, was removing the "3 " in the color.properties file after "palette.block./misc/tintcolor.png=". Thing is, the dirt then looks in every biome the same. Not really what I was looking for though...

Register or log in to remove.

migasangelo
  • Minecraft: miguelurbie

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:22 PM

View Postunico86, on 15 November 2012 - 05:11 PM, said:

This is what I meant. It get's worse in snowy biomes. So far it seems no one could help me.

I tried a few things, but only thing that worked so far, was removing the "3 " in the color.properties file after "palette.block./misc/tintcolor.png=". Thing is, the dirt then looks in every biome the same. Not really what I was looking for though...

yeah... what wee want is to change the grass block to match the dirt color... to remove a little this effect maybe could use better grass option in optifine.., but i don't like it...

Posted Image

Chrisworld

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:30 PM

View PostGraloth, on 14 November 2012 - 09:54 AM, said:

Here's my own collection of changes I've made to JohnSmith, it's not all of them, but the only ones where I've not used other peoples artwork (except from JohnSmith)
Spoiler:

Awesome changes! I'm going to add all those blocks you changed into my own custom JS pack. The random glyph stones will have to be added below my own CTM changes and ill have to simple re number in the properties file but I will use everything you added. So awesome.

Btw in my pack I brought the bookshelves from 9.5a CTM to 9.7 and added support for them too. Ill have to post my custom changes of the pack too. Could I post my custom pack with your changes as well? I feel like it would make one of the best customized JS pack yet.

xJTDesign
  • Minecraft: Gscape112
  • Xbox:XeN JoKeRzZ

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:39 PM

theres only one negative thing i do not like about this texture pack (dont get me wrong) but the the bricks should be a different colour

Graloth
    Graloth

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • Minecraft: Graloth

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:44 PM

View PostChrisworld, on 15 November 2012 - 05:30 PM, said:

Btw in my pack I brought the bookshelves from 9.5a CTM to 9.7 and added support for them too. Ill have to post my custom changes of the pack too. Could I post my custom pack with your changes as well? I feel like it would make one of the best customized JS pack yet.
Go ahead, I shared mine here so others can use them, just make sure to give credit to the respective authors if you make a separate thread with it (and be sure to have permissions sorted)

Dr_Salvador
  • Minecraft: Dr Salvador

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:13 PM

Anyone know how to make the regular sandstone have the randomized tiles on the bottom like the decorative sandstone blocks? I've been tinkering with the ctm files for a while but I'm not making and progress.

View Postarzual, on 15 November 2012 - 03:09 PM, said:

Hey.
Dk if this was discussed already, but my chiseled stone bricks seem to be broke.

It's the connected textures, look in the ctm folder and delete the terrain213.properties file

POM_Fenris
  • Minecraft: POM_Fenris

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:47 PM

Please, please, please could someone update the chain armour textures? I am playing Herobrine's Mansion and other maps that include chainmail armour and john smith still uses default which looks horrible with the rest being HD. I will be eternally grateful to anyone who can provide the armour files. The item icon is updated, but the worn armour (for whatever reason) is not.
Posted Image

Chrisworld

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:00 AM

View PostGraloth, on 15 November 2012 - 07:44 PM, said:

Go ahead, I shared mine here so others can use them, just make sure to give credit to the respective authors if you make a separate thread with it (and be sure to have permissions sorted)

When I have the time Ill write up a post with my custom changes plus yours, and of course ill give credit. However, the sandstone glyphs... are those textures by JS or Dokucraft? And who made the cage spawner texture?

Ill want to note that in the readme or post, don't want to give wrong credit and step on peoples toes.

Graloth
    Graloth

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • Minecraft: Graloth

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:33 AM

View PostChrisworld, on 16 November 2012 - 05:00 AM, said:

When I have the time Ill write up a post with my custom changes plus yours, and of course ill give credit. However, the sandstone glyphs... are those textures by JS or Dokucraft? And who made the cage spawner texture?

Ill want to note that in the readme or post, don't want to give wrong credit and step on peoples toes.
The glyphed sandstone was inspired by Dokucraft, but nothing was actually taking from it except the idea for how it should look. I used textures from JohnSmith to create the smooth sandstone texture and then made the glyphs myself. So they can be attributed mostly to JohnSmith since I used his textures to create it, and a tiny bit to me for adding the glyphs.

I also made the caged spawner, even posted it with my other textures (same post that had the sandstone)

xXTerra_BranfordXx

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:18 AM

View PostWaterTipper, on 13 November 2012 - 08:22 AM, said:

I figured out how to make the glass textures connect, using my basic knowledge of ctm:

source=/ctm/jsctm.png
method=ctm
tiles=64-75 80-91 96-107 112-123
Rename as block20.properties.

Still couldn't figure out the Glass Panes, though.
Glass Panes are covered by block102.properties, and can have the same exact tiles selected as you've done for the Glass Blocks. It's also important that people use the transparent Glass Block image for their terrain.png file, since that is both the Item image, and the Placed image.

Also, people need to make sure that when they copy/paste the above code, that there is NOT a space at the end of any lines. Even having ~one~ space extra will make it not work... which is stupid, but just how it is.

Want Some Colored Glass for [1.6.4]?

Posted Image

Want to see my YouTube videos?

user_1259045

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:59 AM

View PostPOM_Fenris, on 15 November 2012 - 08:47 PM, said:

Please, please, please could someone update the chain armour textures? I am playing Herobrine's Mansion and other maps that include chainmail armour and john smith still uses default which looks horrible with the rest being HD. I will be eternally grateful to anyone who can provide the armour files. The item icon is updated, but the worn armour (for whatever reason) is not.
This is the one I use, from a couple pages back: link
(It has lots of other hybrid textures in it too that you might be interested in)
It's the chain armor texture from the Summerfields texture pack, edited by me to match the other armor sets.

Also, you should be using the A'therys Ascended texture pack if you're playing Herobrine's Mansion.
Completed maps: Sunburn Islands, Nightmare Realm, Uncharted Territory III, Inferno Mines (pending)
Currently playing: Infernal Sky II, The Fire Beneath

Currently playing: Terraria, Spelunky

arkindal

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:04 AM

View PostxXTerra_BranfordXx, on 16 November 2012 - 06:18 AM, said:

Glass Panes are covered by block102.properties, and can have the same exact tiles selected as you've done for the Glass Blocks. It's also important that people use the transparent Glass Block image for their terrain.png file, since that is both the Item image, and the Placed image.

Also, people need to make sure that when they copy/paste the above code, that there is NOT a space at the end of any lines. Even having ~one~ space extra will make it not work... which is stupid, but just how it is.
When you guys say connected grass texture you mean like better grass? Because if so I'm failing hard.
Copy/pasted, double checked for extra spaces after each line, copypasted file name and placed in ctm folder.
Posted Image

xXTerra_BranfordXx

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:40 AM

View Postarkindal, on 16 November 2012 - 08:04 AM, said:

When you guys say connected grass texture you mean like better grass? Because if so I'm failing hard.
Copy/pasted, double checked for extra spaces after each line, copypasted file name and placed in ctm folder.
Where are you seeing the word "grass"? We were talking about ~Glass~... as in the transparent material you make by cooking Sand in a Furnace. O_o;;

Posted Image

arkindal

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:50 AM

View PostxXTerra_BranfordXx, on 16 November 2012 - 08:40 AM, said:

Where are you seeing the word "grass"? We were talking about ~Glass~... as in the transparent material you make by cooking Sand in a Furnace. O_o;;
I... I...

Spoiler:

Posted Image

xXTerra_BranfordXx

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:03 AM

View Postarkindal, on 16 November 2012 - 08:50 AM, said:

I... I...

Spoiler:
Heh... it happens, man... it's all good.

Posted Image

Baleur
    Baleur

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:44 PM

I made a little few tweaks to the 64x Millenaire ML_sprites.png to make it a bit nicer and more compatible with the latest version of JohnSmith (the bottom items were missing along with some farm stuff). I also resized it down to 32x to fit with JohnSmith. Enjoy.

(literally just editing a few things on top of the existing upgraded file, so credit is due to that guy, Wolin)

Posted Image

POM_Fenris
  • Minecraft: POM_Fenris

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:32 PM

View PostWaterTipper, on 16 November 2012 - 06:59 AM, said:

This is the one I use, from a couple pages back: link
(It has lots of other hybrid textures in it too that you might be interested in)
It's the chain armor texture from the Summerfields texture pack, edited by me to match the other armor sets.

Also, you should be using the A'therys Ascended texture pack if you're playing Herobrine's Mansion.

I was, but I completed it with A'therys Ascended, and wanted to try it with regular ol' John Smith
Posted Image

dak0987
    dak0987

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:32 PM

This texture pack is great and it doesnt lag that much

Zeekathon
  • Minecraft: zeekathon
  • Xbox:zeekathon

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:01 PM

I love this pack. It is one of my favorites and it gives me a real medieval feel. Keep up the good work!
Egad!

Dr_Salvador
  • Minecraft: Dr Salvador

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:47 PM

Bump on my question about the randomized CTM for Sandstone.