(another video below)
Status Blog for SurvivalCraft
For the adventurer Minecraft can be too easy! Once you build your first mudhut, the hoardes of undead yearning to feast on the gooey innards of your skull are never a problem again.
This mod aims to aid your desire for the fray of combat. With an improved pathfinding algorithm, and added behaviour, the seemingly dumb mobs are now much more intelligent!
Rather than letting your precious shelters remain immortal against all but the dreaded creature, this mod aims to allow zombies the power to crack through certain blocks (and mobs from other mods if the creator chooses to use this mod as a part of theirs) when they are chasing you!
Mobs intelligently dig through blocks that are soft or hard based on the tools and items they hold!
- Zombies and spiders will dig through some blocks to get to you
- Creepers will explode to get to you
- Improved following algorithm to make mobs better at chasing
- Digging mobs can dig diagonally up and down
- Visible and audible digging effects for mobs
- All functionality automatically applied to additional mobs from other mods
- You can disable each default mob's digging powers on a per world basis using ModOptionsAPI.
- Spiders can be mounted by creepers and skeletons
- Mobs now sprint, meaning you can't run away
- They will avoid water, lava and climb out where possible
- Advanced pathfinding; mobs will avoid getting stuck
- Mobs can "smell" the player to find them if they are close, but cannot be seen
- If the mob loses sight of you, it will continue going to where it last saw you
- Using principles from Artificial Intelligence, mobs will follow you more tightly than before
- Creature engine rewritten; all mobs benefit from these changes
- Mod under active development, feature list incomplete.
Please download and install ModOptionsAPI 0.6
Please download and install Risugami's Modloader
THIS IS A BETA VERSION AND DOES NOT WORK FULLY
Download URL: Download Here
1) Find your minecraft.jar (check note below)*
2) Open the minecraft.jar file in WinRAR or 7zip (do not extract it)
3) Extract the contents of the Survival Craft ZIP file
4) Copy the files into your minecraft.jar
6) Delete META-INF folder IF it exists in the minecraft.jar
7) Run Minecraft
* Windows: <your user folder>/AppData/Roaming/.minecraft/bin/
* Mac: Home -> Library -> Application Support -> Minecraft -> bin
* Linux: ~/.minecraft/bin/
Known issues: None known.
- Add "ambush" behaviour to certain mobs (spiders)
- Do something with slimes (make silent? Ceiling crawlers?)
- Fix block breaking texture upon killing a mob
- Fix lighting issue on blocks being broken
Download: None for 0.6b1.
For compatibility, I have released the un-obfuscated source of this mod with the individual releases, but I'm willing to make it easier for compatibility.
Making your Mobs compatible with Digging Mobs
Your mob will already use most of the functionality of this mod. To add custom functionality, please either JavaDoc the EntityCreature.java and read the documentation, or wait until 1.0 for an API.
Version 0.6b2 (No Dev for Beta version) - 09/07/2011
THIS IS A BETA VERSION AND DOES NOT WORK FULLY
- Added new "intellect" slider. The higher you have it, the more CPU intensive.
- Improved algorithm to use much less CPU and RAM. Tradeoff in mob intellect happened.
- Mobs now don't drown when thinking
- Mobs do not understand the concept of straight lines.
- Mobs tend not to go on diagonals and tend to follow the edges of the route to you
-- These bugs are the same bug and are to be fixed first
- When randomly walking, mobs and passives do retarded spinning dances on the ground.
-- This bug is high priority
- Digging leaves a random mark that doesn't go away
-- This is high priority, restart game to fix
Version 0.6b1 (No Dev for Beta Version) - 19/06/2011
- Added new pathfinding algorithm
-- All mobs more intelligent (Beta Bug: They do spin around randomly sometimes)
-- Easier to upgrade, no attempting to modify existing code.
- Mobs now avoid water unless on fire
- Mobs always avoid lava
- Mobs can "smell" you if they lose sight of you
- Added varied health option
- Tied varied health to difficulty (on request)
- Stopped creepers from attacking passive mobs
- Changed digging algorithm; less random, more focused due to new path finder
- Mobs are all slightly faster
- Update is 90% under-the-hood changes, 10% content. The true power of these changes will show in later updates
This is a BETA version. Use 0.5.1 if you want stability
Version 0.5.1 (Developer Version) - 05/06/2011
- Updated for 1.6.6
- Changed mod name to Survival Craft
- I'm doing exams right now, updates will be slow.
Version 0.5.0.2 (Developer Version) - 11/05/2011
- Fixed creeper bug where they would cause massive lag due to sound invokation when confronted with a block that was a non-solid block.
Version 0.5.0.1 (Developer Version) - 08/05/2011 - Current 1.5_01
- Fixed bug where game outputs "undefined property blockHardness" over and over
- Fixed mobs can't dig bug (due to previous bug)
- You must upgrade to get the functionality back
Version 0.5 (Developer Version) - 01/05/2011
- Improved following algorithm (mobs will chase for longer)
- Mobs can now sprint to catch up with you (this needs tweaking, currently it's just bezerk and not at all creepy)
- More intelligent block detection - mobs don't need a full whitelist to break blocks
- Foundation code for a lot more interesting changes
Version 0.4 (Developer Version) - 30/04/2011
- Spiders can now dig
- Improved path following
- Zombies now dig through most soft and natural blocks (no hard ones, such as stone)
- Mobs can dig up and down to follow you
- Visible digging effects on blocks
- Audible digging effects
- Mobs dig in the same way a player does
- Time to destroy block depends on block hardness versus mob strength
- Fixed some bugs
- Added a lot to the API, but undocumented as this is a half-way release for a new set of more powerful features (see: Future)
Version 0.3.1 (Developer Version)
- Updated for 1.5_01
Old Versions Removed
Banners by Crysune
Banners by Souwnd
- Your buildings will be destroyed by marauding zombies if they see you and chase you
- This is an experimental version, it's safe to use (knowing that zombies will mess up your house), but isn't finished and I really welcome your ideas!
- Always provide a crash report if you blackscreen or the game crashes
- This is my 4th mod.