• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.1.0][SMP] Dawn of the Modern World (thethirdmike's Mods)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1805 replies to this topic

Poll: [1.1.0][SMP] Dawn of the Modern World (thethirdmike's Mods) (606 member(s) have cast votes)

How excited are you that HLights, Rways, Garages, and CastleGates are now SMP compatible?

1. HOLY ****! I'M GONNA BUILD AIRPORTS AND CASTLES AND CASTLEAIRPORTS WITH MY FRIENDS! (435 votes [72.86%])

Percentage of vote: 72.86%

2. I can't wait to try it! I've been waiting for this for a long time. (72 votes [12.06%])

Percentage of vote: 12.06%

3. I'll give it a shot next time I run my server, it looks cool. (38 votes [6.37%])

Percentage of vote: 6.37%

4. I'll get to it eventually. It could add some variety. (28 votes [4.69%])

Percentage of vote: 4.69%

5. Took long enough, not like I care anyway. (24 votes [4.02%])

Percentage of vote: 4.02%

Vote

thethirdmike

Posted 17 April 2011 - 05:15 AM

POPULAR

Remember, if you make something epic using these mods, post a screenshot so others and myself can be amazed!

thethirdmike's Mods

Table of Contents:

News
02/11/2012: At long last, all of the mods are updated for Minecraft 1.1.0. My last update for 1.0.0 had a ton of bugs but I think I managed to find them all thanks to your help and fixed them. What else is new? HLights has a new item, the Halogen Torch. HTorches are made with HLights and are just like torches except brighter, more resistant to explosions, and will not be swept away by water. Also, there are now SMP versions of HLights, Rways, CastleGates, and Garages included with the SSP downloads. Here's a picture of HTorches in action:
Posted Image
01/06/2012: We are now finally updated for Minecraft 1.0.0. See the changelog for details on the minor changes that were made. Here's a picture of the new textures for Rways:
Posted Image
11/12/2011: So I've been really hosed for free time lately, which is why I haven't read the thread in weeks or answered any PMs, but I did add a new video to the OP today and I finally made modpacks. You can now download all of my mods at once instead of the lame old fashioned way. The UltraPack features all of my mods while the ModernPack only focuses on the modern ones, so it doesn't include Castle Gates. As always, please read the instructions before complaining to the thread and especially before PMing me. I don't reply to people who present a problem they would not have had if they actually read the README.
10/24/2011: All right. That took way longer than I thought it would. I'm still working on Minecraft Forge support. You no longer need Flan's Vehicles or TurboModelThingy. HeavyVehicles 1.8.1v2 is now out. New features include these guys: Posted Image
10/11/2011: I'm pretty sure everything is ready for 1.8.1 and good to go, so I'm going to post the downloads now and write the descriptions later when I have less homework. Worried about recipes? Fear not! I have made a handy recipe guide that shows a picture of every recipe my mods add. You can get it here: Recipe Guide
See the Changelog to learn about my new mods and changes to existing ones.
10/04/2011: I've been hard at work the last few days trying to get HeavyVehicles finished. A release date of next weekend seems likely.  I've added the HMMWV Scout, the K128 Autominer, and the P150 Rway Paver. I've also fixed the steering problems the treaded vehicles were having. So far, it's pretty cool. The K128 digs 3x3 tunnels and automatically places HLights if you keep it supplied with them. The P150 paves 3-block wide Rways if you keep it supplied with Asphalt. Expect the new version of Rways to make my vehicles go faster and actually be controllable. Here is a picture of my progress so far:
http://img835.images...11004014026.png
10/02/2011: Wow, it's been a really long time since I've been on here, but rest assured. I was not completely cathartic over the last few months (though I was pretty close). I know people are looking forward to 1.8 updates, and they will happen eventually, after I finish my new project. However, I only have time to work on this project on the weekends since school is getting really intense again. "What is this new project?" you ask. See for yourself:
http://img192.images...11003085939.png
7/10/2011: I finally replaced the motherboard in my PC and was ready to mod again. Unfortunately, I discovered the amazingness of Mass Effect 1 & 2 shortly afterward, further prolonging any update. Now that I have finished them both, I'll be back on my PC modding away. First up, it looks like making Garages and CastleGates multiplayer is more difficult than I thought but I have tested Rways in SMP without much trouble. I will keep experimenting with making them SMP. Also, I seem to be captivated by the idea of making a helicopter mod. I don't know if I have the skills for it to amount to anything though. Enjoy all the mods for 1.7.3 for now.
6/6/2011: Bugs fixed in Rways. Download the new version, see changelog. Added Metalworks, but I haven't written the Mod Description for it yet. Feel free to download it early if you want. I'll write the description after I play it myself and take some screenshots.
6/1/2011: All mods version 1.6.6v1 released. See changelog for new features.
4/29/2011: All mods version 1.5_01v1 released.
4/17/2011: All mods version 1.4_01v1 released.

Mod Descriptions

HLights

Spoiler:

Rways

Spoiler:

Garages

Spoiler:

Castle Gates

Spoiler:

Metalworks

Spoiler:

ModernTech

Spoiler:

HeavyVehicles

Spoiler:

Here's a video by Gonfik showing off most of the features of these mods. (Mincraft 1.8.1, I think)

Download
  • All mods require Modloader and Minecraft Forge.
  • All SMP mods include the server mod files in the download.
  • All conflicting Block IDs can be changed using the .props file included with every mod.
  • Installation instructions can be found in the README.txt included in every download.
  • By downloading, you agree to the Terms & Conditions below.
  • Please, please take a look at this spreadsheet to make sure you get all the mods you require and don't coming crying to the thread because you forgot ModLoader or something.
    Posted Image

Newest Versions
Due to some problem with adf.ly, these links seem to be pointing towards the MediaFire homepage instead of my downloads. Here's a workaround from Ninjaboy00.

View PostNinjaboy00, on 26 February 2012 - 02:34 AM, said:

the issue is with adfly I believe, NOT the hosting sites here'a a fix

right-click the "SKIP AD" button
click "Copy link location"
past the link in the URL
you can now download

MC1.1.0
HLights MC1.1.0v1 (Includes HLights MC1.1.0v1 Server)
Rways MC1.1.0v1 (Includes Rways MC1.1.0v1 Server)
Garages MC1.1.0v1 (Includes Garages MC1.1.0 Server)
CastleGates MC1.1.0v1 (Includes CastleGates MC1.1.0 Server)
Metalworks MC1.1.0v1
ModernTech MC1.1.0v1
HeavyVehicles MC1.1.0v1

TTM ModernPack 1.1.0v1 (includes all mods except CastleGates, client only)
TTM UltraPack 1.1.0v1 (includes all mods, client only)

Don't forget to download my super cool Recipe Guide!!!

Try the alternate Army Green texture for the HMMWV if you are tired of Desert Beige!
Simply download the file and place it in minecraft.jar/item/ and overwrite the old Humvee.png.
Posted Image

Old Versions

Attention all! We now have a way to flaunt the inherent awesomeness of my mods. That's right. Banners. Get one now.

Posted Image

Paste the code below into your signature:
[center][url=http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1032&t=289846][img]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5860973/banner1.png[/img][/url][/center]

Posted Image

Paste the code below into your signature:
[center][url=http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1032&t=289846][img]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5860973/banner2.png[/img][/url][/center]

Changelog
MC1.1.0v1: Updated all mods to Minecraft 1.1.0. Fixed a bug where the Metalworks machine GUIs were missing textures. Fixed a bug where the bottom of the gas station was missing a texture. Fixed a bug that caused the inventory icon for chain link fences to crash the game. Added HTorches to HLights. Posted SMP versions of HLights, Rways, Garages, and CastleGates.
MC1.0.0v1: Updated all mods to Minecraft 1.0.0. Some minor changes were made. Shift clicking in vehicle or machine inventories should no longer crash the game. In Metalworks, the recipe outputs for Steel Frames, Steel Pipes, and Aluminum cans have been doubled. Rways had a texture overhaul and an Rway section can now be painted in 15 different patterns instead of 9. All mods now use Minecraft Forge to eliminate the need for item and texture sprites. All mods can now be installed by dropping a zip file in the mods folder. Props files are now located in the config directory.
1.8.1v2: Added a new vehicle to HeavyVehicles, the H7 Freight Hauler. Changed the texture of the HMMWV to make the windows look more glassy. HeavyVehicles no longer requires Flan's Vehicles and TurboModelThingy. I have the Minecraft Forge API on my computer and am studying it for future deployment in my mods. Stay tuned.
1.8.1v1: FINALLY updated to 1.8.1. Two new mods added: ModernTech and HeavyVehicles. Additionally, Rways was split into two mods: HLights and Rways. The HLights are now separate and HLights is required for Rways. I finally fixed the screwy way Garages and CastleGates were rendered in 1.7.3. SWalks and RwayManholes were added to Rways, check them out. Metalworks has some more recipes now, see the Recipe Guide for details.
1.7.3v1: Finally updated for 1.7.3. No new features yet. Notch changed the way blocks render so now Garages and CastleGates look weird when they are open. Now I have to do work to fix it. Also fixed a couple of missing recipes in Metalworks.
1.6.6v2: Fixed bugs in Rways not allowing blocks to be placed on them and keeping paint from updating immediately. Changed default height of Rways back to 1.0. It can still be modified in the .props file.
1.6.6v1: Updated for Minecraft 1.6.6. Added adjustable SpeedMultiplier, MaxSpeed, and RwayHeight in mod_Rways.props file. Rway blocks are now recessed into the ground by default (RwayHeight=0.75). Garages and CastleGates can now be activated by redstone buttons, levers, pressure plates, etc. Added Metalworks initial release.
1.5_01v1: Updated for Minecraft 1.5_01.
1.4_01v1: Initial release.

Terms & Conditions
Short version: My mods should only be hosted through MY adf.ly links on THIS site. However, if you feel compelled to post links to this mod elsewhere, be sure to give credit and use my links. It saves you time and makes my job worth it. If you want to add my mods to a modpack, ask me first.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS
0. USED TERMS
MOD - modification, plugin, a piece of software that interfaces with the Minecraft client to extend, add, change or remove original capabilities.
MOJANG - Mojang AB
OWNER - thethirdmike, Original author(s) of the MOD. Under the copyright terms accepted when purchasing Minecraft (http://www.minecraft.net/copyright.jsp) the OWNER has full rights over their MOD despite use of MOJANG code.
USER - End user of the mod, person installing the mod.

1. LIABILITY
THIS MOD IS PROVIDED 'AS IS' WITH NO WARRANTIES, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE OWNER OF THIS MOD TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES INCURRED FROM THE USE OF THIS MOD. THIS MOD ALTERS FUNDAMENTAL PARTS OF THE MINECRAFT GAME, PARTS OF MINECRAFT MAY NOT WORK WITH THIS MOD INSTALLED. ALL DAMAGES CAUSED FROM THE USE OR MISUSE OF THIS MOD FALL ON THE USER.

2. USE
Use of this MOD to be installed, manually or automatically, is given to the USER without restriction.

3. REDISTRIBUTION
This MOD may only be distributed where uploaded, mirrored, or otherwise linked to by the OWNER solely. All mirrors of this mod must have advance written permission from the OWNER. ANY attempts to make money off of this MOD (selling, selling modified versions, adfly, sharecash, etc.) are STRICTLY FORBIDDEN, and the OWNER may claim damages or take other action to rectify the situation.

4. DERIVATIVE WORKS/MODIFICATION
This mod is provided freely and may be decompiled and modified for private use, either with a decompiler or a bytecode editor. Public distribution of modified versions of this MOD require advance written permission of the OWNER and may be subject to certain terms.

Credits
Although I have a considerable amount of Java experience from all my classes here at MIT, I couldn't have figured this out without the following people:
The MCP Team, of course, for allowing anyone good at following instructions with some fair Java skills to become a modder.
jamioflan, for posting the source code for Planes and really getting me interested in modding.
Risugami, for making ModLoader, one of the coolest things ever done for Minecraft.
DJoslin and Choclatey Syrup. MIT students are very good at pattern-matching. Decompiling and studying the works of these two great modders allowed me to gain more insight into how to write good and functional code.
rphares, for the idea for CastleGates.

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

thethirdmike

Posted 17 April 2011 - 05:15 AM

Screenshots

Yamdel was the first person to submit pictures of a very, very tall garage. Congratulations!
Posted Image

Really nice hangar made by Clanf
http://imageshack.us...0505122058.png/

Cool looking house with garage made by Ditz. Also has streets!
Posted Image

Neat modern city by magikilla
Posted Image

Awesome airbase made by ThreePuncher
Posted Image

An OMGWTF pseudo-dam made by Zedek117.

itzMoleman said:

Zedek117 said:

Razorroms said:

-snip-
Mine's better
Posted Image

MOM,  MOM,  Get the poop stain remover we got a big one!!!!!!!!!

Videos

KevPro made a video about Rways.
TcL1yHPdaW4

Here's one for Garages by JaghapStudios.
enUUn72vZwY

A new Castle Gates video by kizzyman.
5ihFzKKHbGM

Posted Image

ShadowyFigure
  • Minecraft: ShadowyFigure

Posted 17 April 2011 - 05:20 AM

I think i changed my pants about 7 times while reading this. and you have only 2 posts. at first i was like OMFG VIRUS AGAIN. but then screen shots convinced me :3 looks nice.
Edit: AWWW SHIZZ NO DOWNLOAD :Diamond:
Dad?: Ssssssssso how was your day Sssssssonn?
Son: 0_0
Posted Image
Posted Image

eruwaedhiel

Posted 17 April 2011 - 05:23 AM

Awesome mods!  But you can't download them....

thethirdmike

Posted 17 April 2011 - 05:31 AM

Whoa, I got replies already! :P

MMC is currently 'Checking...' my uploads, so I might put them up somewhere else if it looks like it's going to take a while.

Posted Image

Philosophiac

Posted 17 April 2011 - 05:32 AM

You, Sir and/or Madame are my new hero.

And by hero, I mean Lord and Savior. And by Lord and Savior... I mean Bologna Sandwich.

Mmm... sandwich...

Right, then... moving along.

First things first, I'd like to say congratulations and welcome to the Minecraft Modding Community!Well... the Mod-Maker side of it, as opposed to the end user side.

Here you will find literally DOZENS of other talentless slobs and vulgar douchebags, all waiting in the wings to ridicule your work as being the next worst thing since Keyboard Cat!

Don't worry, though... as this is just our newest External Threat Eradication System... and while we are working on fine-tuning some of the kinks out of the system, it has been proven to work quite effectively on weeding out the spam bots, riff-raff, and faint-of-heart.

So long as you aren't any of these things... you'll find that the HUNDREDS of other reasonable, pleasant people such as yourself are all here waiting for you to create the newest, greatest, most awesome thing since that one guy who made the exploding cow gun.

Failing that... at least you'll probably get a few downloads... make something fun... and feel as if you've contributed to the glory of our Mine-Craftian Overlord!

Secondly...

... roads? Runways? Garages?

Have you ever considered founding a cult? I would be more than happy to screen potential acolytes and human sacrifices for you!

Here, let this be your first offering!

:DBlock:  :DBlock:  :DBlock:  :DBlock:  :DBlock:  :DBlock:  :DBlock:  :Furnace:

I'm not sure where that furnace came from... but it's probably a lot colder there, now.
Showing My Support! Great Work Deserves Great Appreciation!

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

thethirdmike

Posted 17 April 2011 - 05:42 AM

The download links are now up. Hopefully. I had to sell my soul to the devil... I mean use MediaFire.

Also, if anyone knows how to place images directly in the thread instead of hiding them behind a link, I would be eternally grateful.

Posted Image

xXShrewXx

Posted 17 April 2011 - 05:52 AM

These are so good! Especially for a first post mod. You are going to have a lengthy and fruitful career here!

Ryuk said:

Very cool if you like an extra challenge.

OFF TOPIC. are you king of sparta?

Artox
    Artox

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • Minecraft: Artox

Posted 17 April 2011 - 06:05 AM

awesome mod dude!
you did it!
heres some diamonds for another awesome mod :Diamond:  :P  :D
Posted Image

billybombill
  • Minecraft: Billybombill

Posted 17 April 2011 - 06:07 AM

Yessss now my city can have a realistic road system :D

Diamonds for you  ;)  :)  :D  :D

Lhenai
    Lhenai

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 06:08 AM

awesome mod.. the Rways mod do they increase the speed you move?

oh the installation for Mac users is funny ;)

WolfHound

Posted 17 April 2011 - 06:28 AM

thethirdmike said:

The download links are now up. Hopefully. I had to sell my soul to the devil... I mean use MediaFire.

Also, if anyone knows how to place images directly in the thread instead of hiding them behind a link, I would be eternally grateful.

Upload the pictures to imageshack or related image hosting sites.

Get the picture link and put them inside of img tags. Example!!!!

[img]http://i51.tinypic.com/2uigr2e.png[/img]

Becomes...

Posted Image

Now for pictures too large for the screen, use simg tags. EXAMPLE #2!!!!

[img]http://i52.tinypic.com/2ajytud.png[/img]

Becomes...

Posted Image

Also...WTF TinyPic?!

Posted Image
Posted Image

comrade.seawolf

Posted 17 April 2011 - 06:36 AM

ShadowyFigure said:

I think i changed my pants about 7 times while reading this. and you have only 2 posts. at first i was like OMFG VIRUS AGAIN. but then screen shots convinced me :3 looks nice.

This :SSSS: Very nice work, great thinking, having the garage door customizable for large vehicles like aircraft.
Piggah stole my Minecart! D:
http://www.minecraft...p?f=31&t=118689
Posted Image

MrUhNonUhMuhs
  • Minecraft: MrUhNonUhmuhs

Posted 17 April 2011 - 06:38 AM

This is cool beans totes mcgoats sweet pie awesome sauce! with a bit of epic juice and a side of flamboyancy!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

thethirdmike

Posted 17 April 2011 - 06:49 AM

Wooooo! Pictures embedded now! Thanks WolfHound, I am eternally grateful. :ironore:

Also, are the mods working okay for everyone? I'm going to bed soon, so if there are errors, let me know and I'll get to them in the morning.

Posted Image

gz™
    gz™

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1817 posts
  • Minecraft: gz

Posted 17 April 2011 - 06:56 AM

Simply Amazing. Thank you :--+:
Go check out some of my suggestions on my profile, in the about me tab!
Posted Image

StrangeKid

Posted 17 April 2011 - 06:57 AM

This is a great mod, just what I was looking for! Could you make it so that you can place minecarts on the roads, and the controls for the minecart would be just like a boat or something of that sort?
Watch my YouTube videos!
http://www.youtube.c...ge?feature=mhum

MineYourSelf

Posted 17 April 2011 - 07:00 AM

thethirdmike said:

Reserved.
What is mod were you using?
I meant where do you got that GPS/Mini Map At the Corner>

rphares
    rphares

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 07:14 AM

Dear Modder

i am truly impressed by the garage door mod, if you could alter the look a bit to resemble fence posts stacked up, then you will have created the one mod i have been looking for, a castle gate mod, please tell me you can do this one too?

Posted Image

CosmicPanda
  • Minecraft: CosmicPanda

Posted 17 April 2011 - 07:22 AM

You my friend, Deserve A medal!