• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

sean997
    sean997

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:30 PM

what attracts animals and how can i get animals to come near specific spots? thanks:)
There is no way to peace, peace is the way.

Register or log in to remove.

Hazali
    Hazali

Geomancer

• Retired Staff
  • 5703 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:31 PM

Light sources. Fire, lava, torches, lit pumpkins, basically everything that serves as a light source.

Posted Image

Photoloss

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:37 PM

Afaik nothing attracts animals per se (their movement is entirely random I think), but they only spawn on grass in lit areas, so an enclosure with torches and walled with 2 block walls or fences will collect quite a few animals at night. Eliminate other legal spawn locations (lit grass) to increase the number of spawns in your enclosure before the mob limit is reached.

KingCreeper
    KingCreeper

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1083 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:38 PM

Light "attracts" animals. Meaning they will spawn in dark if there's some light and grass. So grow grass and light torches, fire, lava, or jack-o-lanterns so they will spawn.
Posted Image

daxorion27
  • Minecraft: daxorion

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:40 PM

Light and grass= :Pig:  :Sheep:and gets rid of :P  :Spider:  :Zombie:  :SSSS:

Posted Image

Ratka1
    Ratka1

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:44 PM

if you want mister pig to come to you just get misses pig to stand in a fenced in are... *5 days later* yay i have a pig farm!

Posted Image

D7X
    D7X

Carpenter

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:46 PM

Photoloss said:

Afaik nothing attracts animals per se (their movement is entirely random I think), but they only spawn on grass in lit areas, so an enclosure with torches and walled with 2 block walls or fences will collect quite a few animals at night. Eliminate other legal spawn locations (lit grass) to increase the number of spawns in your enclosure before the mob limit is reached.

Entirely random yet somehow when I'm testing on my flatgrass map they all manage to cluster around me to the point of madness. They are definately attracted to people concentrating. Notch programmed it somehow ¬¬

Geoshadow

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:55 PM

Basicly any light source :cobblestone: In the middle of a forest surround your house in torchs and large amounts of wolves and such will wait outside Lol.