• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Can One Actually Break Through Bedrock? You WILL NOT Mine It

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

NoBanForFantoz

Posted 14 April 2011 - 04:09 AM

Bedrock has an 18 million BLAST RADIUS meaning, one cannot mine through it. But one can explode his or her way through.

TNT has a blast radius damage of 4. So we divide 18M by 4. Which would equal out to: 4,500,000. Meaning, it would take 4 million, 500 thousand TNT to destroy said block. And since blocks regenerate health when something Isn't touching it, means that you'd have to set of all 4.5M at ONCE. And I'm fairly sure no computer in the world could handle that.

I'm not sure if you can actually mine bedrock. Code for bedrock. hardness determines how hard it is to mine with a pickaxe, and resistance is how hard it is to destroy with an explosion. So, I'm pretty sure it's impossible to mine -1.
	bedrock = (new Block(7, 17, Material.rock)).setHardness(-1F).setResistance(6000000F).setStepSound(soundStoneFootstep).setBlockName("bedrock");

I wont sig you.

Register or log in to remove.

Aeacus
    Aeacus

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 04:20 AM

Get Zombe's modpack.
Enable builder mod.
Break everything

NoBanForFantoz

Posted 14 April 2011 - 04:27 AM

Aeacus said:

Get Zombe's modpack.
Enable builder mod.
Break everything

Thats hardly the point.
I wont sig you.

Aeacus
    Aeacus

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 04:29 AM

NoBanForFantoz said:

Aeacus said:

Get Zombe's modpack.
Enable builder mod.
Break everything

Thats hardly the point.

Lol I know. In all seriousness, bedrock can be broken by TNT, I've seen it in this video.
VFZKtvHQSNY

This may be fake, though...

looloo1
    looloo1

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 906 posts
  • Minecraft: looloo1

Posted 14 April 2011 - 04:30 AM

No, considering the hardness is -1 and blocks break when it reaches 0 there is no possible chance of breaking it... But there IS a chance you can blow it up with shit loads of tnt

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Brule
    Brule

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 04:33 AM

there was a thread exactly like this a while ago on the forum. i cant find it cause search is broken.

but you need that all TNTs adjacents from the block you want to destroy, if you want to blast bedrock, you would need all the TNTs around the said block, with is impossible to archive.
[Diamond] Posted Image [Diamond]
Support my suggestion, Thanks

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=173216

SkyPiercers!?
  • Location: America, Land of the Free and Home of the Recession (Wisconsin)

Posted 14 April 2011 - 04:33 AM

Unless you manage to get all that millions of TNT around the one block, you can't get through it.
My Mod Ideas:

MineScience - viewtopic.php?f=25&t=166560
Dragonator - viewtopic.php?f=25&t=141803
Sand Skiffs - viewtopic.php?f=25&t=233346

Posted Image
Posted Image

NoBanForFantoz

Posted 14 April 2011 - 04:34 AM

Brule said:

there was a thread exactly like this a while ago on the forum. i cant find it cause search is broken.

but you need that all TNTs adjacents from the block you want to destroy, if you want to blast bedrock, you would need all the TNTs around the said block, with is impossible to archive.

Exactly. There is no possible way of placing 4.5 MILLION TNT all around ONE block. And keeping it close enough to have maximum blast radius.
I wont sig you.

SteevyT
    SteevyT

Enderman Ender

• Members
  • 8206 posts
  • Minecraft: SteevyT

Posted 14 April 2011 - 04:35 AM

Aeacus said:

NoBanForFantoz said:

Aeacus said:

Get Zombe's modpack.
Enable builder mod.
Break everything

Thats hardly the point.

Lol I know. In all seriousness, bedrock can be broken by TNT, I've seen it in this video.
-snip-

It's not fake.  However, he didn't break bedrock either.  There was a lava lake there right around level 1 or 2.  Since lava lakes always have stone at the bottom, and they are generated after the bedrock, any bedrock that would normally make up the bottom of the lake gets turned into stone.  It is possible to break stone.
My list of parts has gotten too long to post, so just go here if you want to see my computer.
http://pcpartpicker....evyT/saved/21PI

CAPSLOCK
    CAPSLOCK

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 682 posts
  • Minecraft: CAPSLOCK44

Posted 14 April 2011 - 04:41 AM

1. get worldedit, either on singleplayer commands or Bukkit on a server.
2. type "//" into the textbox
3. Use the super pick axe to mine through the bedrock
4. ???
5. Profit
Posted Image
http://capslock44.deviantart.com/ — I make album covers :)

NZPhoenix
    NZPhoenix

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 943 posts
  • Minecraft: NZPhoenix

Posted 14 April 2011 - 04:59 AM

NoBanForFantoz said:

Bedrock has an 18 million BLAST RADIUS meaning, one cannot mine through it. But one can explode his or her way through.

TNT has a blast radius damage of 4. So we divide 18M by 4. Which would equal out to: 4,500,000. Meaning, it would take 4 million, 500 thousand TNT to destroy said block. And since blocks regenerate health when something Isn't touching it, means that you'd have to set of all 4.5M at ONCE. And I'm fairly sure no computer in the world could handle that.

I'm not sure if you can actually mine bedrock. Code for bedrock. hardness determines how hard it is to mine with a pickaxe, and resistance is how hard it is to destroy with an explosion. So, I'm pretty sure it's impossible to mine -1.
	bedrock = (new Block(7, 17, Material.rock)).setHardness(-1F).setResistance(6000000F).setStepSound(soundStoneFootstep).setBlockName("bedrock");

Afaik, the only way to mine through bedrock, would be to mine it for so long you overflow the 'damage' integer, it wraps around to its ultimate negative limit, and you work your way back to -1. However, I estimate that would take somewhere between 10 and 60 years of holding down your mouse button, depending on what you were using to do it. I could be wrong about how exactly this programming is handled, but don't really care to check further into it.

Posted Image

magicferret
  • Minecraft: Magicferret

Posted 14 April 2011 - 05:10 AM

This has been done to death over and over again.

"Although debate has led over whether Bedrock is able to be destroyed, Notch confirmed on the 11th of February 2011, during a Machinima Live stream[2], that it is indestructible, or so solid that the amount of TNT(about 360,000) it would to take to destroy it would more than certainly crash your computer, therefore the save file would show no evidence of the explosion ever happening."

/thread

The Vault Dweller
  • Location: Imprisoned safely behind a large vault door, under a mountain of stone.
  • Minecraft: odin6616

Posted 14 April 2011 - 11:28 AM

TNT does not stack so all that TNT you can't stack onto one block would have the power of one TNT.

Just because Notch said that TNT would destroy bedrock with 360,000 blocks of it, doesn't make it true. There are other coders out there better than Notch, he is only one game developer and judging from te coding and several ingame tests, you can tell that the TNT would have no effect on Bedrock, let alone obsidian. It cannot be mined due to its -1 hardness unless of course that overflow stuff turns out to be true and there isn't a limit on how much damage a block can received.

/thread
Too many humans, not enough space or resources to go around. The details are trivial and pointless, the reasons, as always, purely human ones...

Razorlance

Posted 14 April 2011 - 11:47 AM

If you look at the video at 3:30 in you can see the massive circular pit around the hole in the bedrock, which to me just screams MCEdit, IFAIK TNT explosions do not make pits that smooth and circular, so I vote fake. (And also the hole in the unbreakable bedrock seals it.)
Posted Image

Casman444

Posted 14 April 2011 - 11:56 AM

Aeacus said:

NoBanForFantoz said:

Aeacus said:

Get Zombe's modpack.
Enable builder mod.
Break everything

Thats hardly the point.

VFZKtvHQSNY

That video made me cry  :)

NeonVolcom said:

Ize Likez Thee PIE!

Mod edit: Please stay on topic. This is a thread about how to dispose a corpse (never thought I'd be saying that....)

That joke is so old last time I heard it I fell off my dinosaur.

Dark_Surf
    Dark_Surf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 741 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:19 PM

Aeacus said:

NoBanForFantoz said:

Aeacus said:

Get Zombe's modpack.
Enable builder mod.
Break everything

Thats hardly the point.

VFZKtvHQSNY

That video is fake. It's been confirmed.

NoBanForFantoz

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:57 PM

magicferret said:

This has been done to death over and over again.

"Although debate has led over whether Bedrock is able to be destroyed, Notch confirmed on the 11th of February 2011, during a Machinima Live stream[2], that it is indestructible, or so solid that the amount of TNT(about 360,000) it would to take to destroy it would more than certainly crash your computer, therefore the save file would show no evidence of the explosion ever happening."

/thread

Thanks for reiterating what I've already said.
I wont sig you.

triggerfin
    triggerfin

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • Minecraft: Tfin

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:06 PM

No, no, no, and no.

Also, no.

No amount of TNT will break bedrock, despite the quote from Notch. Further, bedrock cannot be broken by any amount of TNT, and huge amounts of TNT won't break it.

No amount of picking will break bedrock. Bedrock cannot be broken by an infinity of pickaxing, and using a pickaxe on it will never break it.

(The video is fake, and false to boot.)

Bedrock does not break. Breaking is a thing bedrock doesn't do, and not a thing bedrock does.

Here's a quick Venn diagram to explain it:
Posted Image

In short, you cannot break bedrock.
Fan Metric: Franc Time!

NoBanForFantoz

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:10 PM

triggerfin said:

No, no, no, and no.

Also, no.

No amount of TNT will break bedrock, despite the quote from Notch. Further, bedrock cannot be broken by any amount of TNT, and huge amounts of TNT won't break it.

No amount of picking will break bedrock. Bedrock cannot be broken by an infinity of pickaxing, and using a pickaxe on it will never break it.

(The video is fake, and false to boot.)

Bedrock does not break. Breaking is a thing bedrock doesn't do, and not a thing bedrock does.

Here's a quick Venn diagram to explain it:
Posted Image

In short, you cannot break bedrock.

Cool. Read the code, then go look at the blast radius of TNT. Its more of a can, but you can't thing.
I wont sig you.

WizardNombie

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:12 PM

SkyPiercers!? said:

Unless you manage to get all that millions of TNT around the one block, you can't get through it.
This.

And remember, they would all have to go off at once, not one by one.

Posted Image

I paid for Minecraft in early Alpha, see - http://www.minecraft...er=WizardNombie