• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

New Slimes and What to do With Slimeballs!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Adii30
    Adii30

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 07:11 PM

Slimes are the most cliche NPCs in any fantasy-based game next to the undead and humans and the inclusion of them into Minecraft doesn't do them justice. Though their lack of danger even at maximum size is typically the case of slimes in any other occassion(except those bastard liquid metal slimes in Dragon Quest) the item they drop is still useless and so far, as far as the Minewiki goes, has not been touched on by Mojang the award-winning bastards that they are.

Recently I came upon a huge amount of slimes near my point where I mine for diamonds so I have a great abundance of Slimeballs so I started brain-storming ideas as to what to do with them and here's what I came up with:

Green Slimes  

Green Slimes should have their annoyance turned up and their danger slightly-higher depending on whereabouts.
    Green Slimes should also spawn outside on grassy-areas.

The slimes attack at the moment doesn't really make sense considering they're just a gelatinous block so I think their damage should be removed but instead implement that a Slime's attack is that a large one will suck you in and take you along for the ride causing no damage and you can easily get out by attack them. Smaller slimes will only attach themselves to you thus slowing your movement speed up to a complete halt depending on how make are attached. The way to get them off is "shake" them off by violently rotating your camera.

Red Slimes

Red Slimes are far more of a nuisance but not much more dangerous than the green or blue ones.
    Red Slimes would also only spawn near and in lava in both above and underground areas.

These slimes are more dangerous when taken down to smaller sizes as their low damage is increases to much faster intervals. The attack than a maximum-sized slime would be is to suck the player in, cause very minimum damage per second, and attempt to throw itself into the nearest source of lava. Smaller slimes will do the same amount of damage but unable to latch themselves onto the player like the green or blue ones.

Blue Slimes

Blue Slimes are not quite as dangerous as the red ones but far more of a nuisance than both green and red.
    Blue Slimes will only spawn outside on the surface of water.

These little buggers are only a danger to those swimming or in boats. Maximum-sized slimes will suck the player in retreat to the nearest water source and attempt to drown the player by descending as far as they can under water. Smaller slimes, when in the water, will do the same thing but at a much slower pace; When out of the water, a single slime will attach itself to the head of the player and attempt to drown them that way but you will lose air bubbles much slower than if you were under water.

Now, what to do with all these green, red, and blue slimeballs we've been gathering up. I know! Why not implement them as a sort of salve for your sword? Placing your sword in the player-crating block or crafting table and a selected slimeball directly above it will give your weapon a limited effect. For example:

Above the durability bar a colored bar will appear that applies to the color of the slimeball you used. None of the applied slimes affect the damage, durability, or how the sword looks.

A green slimeball will make whatever NPC you've hit to slow down for a short time.
    A red slimeball will give your sword the chance to set your target on fire.
    A blue slimeball will make the NPC "wet" and slide around as if it were on ice.

But wait! Theres more! Combining A green, red, and blue slime will create a salve that when crafted with a stick and place on the ground will create a Mob-Ward that discourages NPCs from getting too close to it for a limited time. To determine how long the ward has a sort of durability bar would be displayed above the placed ward. The distance from the ward would be at minimum range for a creeper to still explode so these would best be placed strategically.

Quick Note:

I'd like to address a few disclamers:

First, we didn't need multi-colored sheep and even then the wool then drop is still useful in a decorative sense.

Second, any suggestion I make or have made is to spitball at things in-game that could use an improvement. Since Slimes are the least useful of all things added to Minecraft considering their lack of spawn number, danger, annoyance, and the item they drop still having to practical purpose, I thought to throw in my two cents on improving upon it.

And third, as being part of forum communities for almost all games I like I'd like to point out that any given idea is only EVER a basic-form of a potential addition to the game. For whatever reason the idea be unbalanced, lacking in content, or just plain stupid, if chosen by the developers it would be their job to balance it out, make it interesting, and include the fun-factor.

That'll do pig.

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

The_Phantom_Potato

Posted 13 April 2011 - 07:13 PM

We don't need multicolored slimes...Waste of time.

Baraq Hussein Osama said:

Do you show children your phallus? Is that what you want them to see?

themohawkninja said:

Minx90 said:

like you know anything
Well i'm a ninja with a mohawk so STFU!

GerbilCrab475

Posted 13 April 2011 - 07:28 PM

I have suggested this before but I think mine is better than this. You can find my suggestion in my sig.

Posted Image
^Not many of these potions can actually be made in vanilla Minecraft! Support the missing potions today! ^

ob56
    ob56

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 763 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 07:29 PM

The_Phantom_Potato said:

we dont need multi colored sheep/wool...waste of time
I like this idea BTW
Mod edit: Shairn used lock!
It's super effective!
Pointless thread has fainted!

This is why i love MC fourm's moderators

Arkisys
    Arkisys

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1588 posts
  • Minecraft: Arkisys

Posted 13 April 2011 - 07:30 PM

Don't like any of your idea.

The_Phantom_Potato

Posted 13 April 2011 - 07:30 PM

ob56 said:

The_Phantom_Potato said:

I like this idea BTW

Multicolored wool is an aesthetic feature. This isn't.

themohawkninja said:

Minx90 said:

like you know anything

Adii30
    Adii30

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 07:39 PM

The_Phantom_Potato said:

ob56 said:

The_Phantom_Potato said:

I like this idea BTW

Multicolored wool is an aesthetic feature. This isn't.

You're right, it isn't aesthetic, but it's my two cents on making a totally useless thing useful in some sense that's within the boundaries of the game.

Posted Image

The_Phantom_Potato

Posted 13 April 2011 - 07:42 PM

Adii30 said:

You're right, it isn't aesthetic, but it's my two cents on making a totally useless thing useful in some sense that's within the boundaries of the game.

So you want to create multiple versions of the same enemy just to justify your suggested slimeball use (which isn't that good anyway)?

Suggestions should work into the game, not make the game work around them.

themohawkninja said:

Minx90 said:

like you know anything

Andronious

Posted 13 April 2011 - 07:42 PM

Or Mojang could focus only on green slimes and on making green slimeballs better in MULTIPLE ways, rather than making them better in one single way and then moving on to create brand new mobs/items that also only have a single benefit/use.

Adii30
    Adii30

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 07:44 PM

Andronious said:

Or Mojang could focus only on green slimes and on making green slimeballs better in MULTIPLE ways, rather than making them better in one single way and then moving on to create brand new mobs/items that also only have a single benefit/use.

I suppose you think Cows should be removed instead of improved on then?

Posted Image

The_Phantom_Potato

Posted 13 April 2011 - 07:47 PM

Adii30 said:

Andronious said:

...How in hell did you get that from it? He just said the focus should be on improving the current slime instead of adding a bunch of new ones.

themohawkninja said:

Minx90 said:

like you know anything

Andronious

Posted 13 April 2011 - 07:51 PM

Adii30 said:

When did I say anything about removing ANYTHING?

Cows being improved on would be fine...but if you suggested adding in red cows that drop leather which could be dyed different colors, I would still call you out and ask "Why not just make the leather from normal cows do that instead?"

Ratlor
    Ratlor

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • Minecraft: Ratlor

Posted 13 April 2011 - 11:34 PM

I like the idea of different colour slimes. Only because I like colours and slimes.

But everything else is so-so i guess.

Slimes are my favourite mob in minecraft (and most other games)
Posted Image

Kira
    Kira

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1820 posts
  • Minecraft: scruffypuppy

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:06 AM

Color-swapped slimes with a few tweaks are a waste of time when something more different can be added or improved instead.