• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

* * * * * 3 votes

Wednesday With Sach: What Is Minecraft, and What About...

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

Gamegeek1234
  • Minecraft: gamegeek1234

Posted Today, 01:09 AM

To me, Minecraft is an ever-expanding and endless world. Minecraft to me is something that never ends. Minecraftia is a world where any and everything is possible. These blocky fields and mountainy forests are places where you can ultimately go above and beyond what could even be dreamed up to be in reality. This life as Steve is an ever-quest where you build your sky towers, punch trees, do the impossible, defeat and rise above the monsters who threaten your existence, and ever slowly, but surely, with your sword and pork chop in hand and all others at your side, discover and uncover this mysterious world's wondrous secrets and riches, witness the legendary Herobrine, and venture forth to show who you are, what you can do, and prove that you have what it takes to survive, thrive, and be our Steve.

Register or log in to remove.

LisaPlaysMC

Posted Today, 01:11 AM

"I have enjoyed playing the game and play with alot of my friends. I'm not sure what makes Minecraft a good game. Maybe the simple game mechanics of placing blocks, or maybe it's because you can enjoy playing it with your friends" ~My profile

I think that lots of people like Minecraft and continue to enjoy it because they think "Oh, I'm going to build the biggest building ever!" Then you realize everyone else has the same reaction.
uryyb, v nz yvfn

Click this to see if you can decode the sentence above:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ROT13

hiram13pm
  • Minecraft: hiram13pm
  • Xbox:hiram13pm

Posted Today, 01:25 AM

Oh, that's simple:

https://www.youtube....h?v=SVi3-PrQ0pY

From "Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory" (1971).  It's almost like the lyrics were written to describe Minecraft.

Hold your breath
Make a wish
Count to three

Come with me
And you'll be
In a world of pure imagination
Take a look and you'll see
Into your imagination

We'll begin with a spin
Travelling in the world of my creation
What we'll see will defy explanation

If you want to view paradise
Simply look around and view it
Anything you want to, do it
Wanna change the world?
There's nothing to it

There is no life i know
To compare with pure imagination
Living there you'll be free
If you truly wish to be

If you want to view paradise
Simply look around and view
Anything you want to do it
Wanna change the world
There's nothing to it

There is no life i know
To compare with pure imagination
Living there you'll be free
If you truly wish to be

Enclosedone

Posted Today, 01:33 AM

Minecraft is awesome because of its freedom. You can do what you want when you want and how you want. There really aren't too many limits on what you can do when you put your mind to it. Add mods and custom texture packs and you can get exactly the things you want without too much fuss.
Personally I love exploring/gathering resources while my SO loves building awesome things like villages and castles so we often work together to see his ideas through.
Yo dawg, I heard you liked mining diamonds with diamonds so we put diamonds in your mine so you can mine with your diamonds while you mine your diamonds.

Shiftyy_
    Shiftyy_

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Xbox:Hey ShiFT

Posted Today, 01:36 AM

Minecraft to me, is a simple way of enjoying my free time. Unwinding, relieving stress, or just looking forward to pure enjoyment, Minecraft covers it all.
Posted Image

mariofanatic123

Posted Today, 01:53 AM

I see minecraft as many things.  I see it as an insanely large sandbox, with near no limits.  I see it as a game engine, used by many(including myself) to sculpt worlds for others to discover.  I see it as a survival challenge, with near endless possibilities to live life to it's fullest.  Finally, the last way I see it, is a way to just have a little fun, maybe burn some spare time.

As for your second question, it would depend on the opinion of who you are interviewing.  I would personally like seeing some interviews, but only if those who are interviewed are ok with it.
My map review thread: http://www.minecraft.../#entry25692075
Tests I have taken:

Posted Image

What kind of pvper are you?: http://www.onlinequi.../assessment-489

nijininjin

Posted Today, 02:25 AM

It allows temporary escape from this world, a way for you to become a king, or a god.  The world exists, changes, and falls as you see fit.  All rules and boundaries created by this world can be completely ignored... and create a new one on entirely your terms.

I have to limit myself from playing it all the time.  Its gotten pretty bad.

mow98
    mow98

Carpenter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Minecraft: liammowatt98

Posted Today, 02:47 AM

WHAT IS MINECRAFT TO ME?

Well, I've played the game since 1.5.2, I know its not a long time, however I got to know the game a little. There is just SO MUCH to this open-sandbox, I think that its unique and very trivial. I say this because, well the simple way to put it, is that once you play you get pulled in by this 'addictive' force that well, lets you have fun but at the same time learn something new. For instance, redstone, there is just SO MUCH that can be done and the things that can be done with it, its just un-real. It takes the game to a whole new level, however, on that note, you then have mods. This adds to the gaming experience. Which for me I enjoy. I love the idea of the expansion of mods that make the game a little more cooler. But at the end of the day a game is a game and while its fun, its not real! It's a sad thing to say for those who TRULY love the game but its a fact. Sometimes the game can be too much. It can overwhelm you, "I need to do this to make this macerator to......blah....blah" sometimes if you just step away from the game and say the same thing, you'll be like whoa, what the hell am I on about. People learn new things that at the end of the day are pointless in real life but because there is so much talk about this new modpack and your otta the loop, you feel like you want to play then your like, where do i begin......hmm. NEXT THING you know your talking about me systems so complex my mind goes all gooeey like an egg, because your talk none-sense,

Would I like to know from the celebs in gaming?

Yeah, who wouldn't but do they have time? What with their busy schedules they do long hours, blood sweat and tears along with many moments or long periods of frustration went into their success that they have to then do the exact same thing the next day, however there is no REAL thanks for their hard work. Which I think is a little sad, however a new day rises, new vids are created, new mods are released, modpacks are published and a whole new wave of entertainment and content is released, just to have their JUST created content from yesterday a waste of time. However, once again no real thanks, just a WHEN'S UR NEXT VID, WHEN'S THE NEXT UPDATE, CAN U DO THIS, WILL U ADD THAT? Sometimes things becomes too much and eventually they will stop, they need a break, they need people to be more patient, more understanding of the time and effort that goes into the planning, the work and everything they do to produce this AMAZING content for the public at what, for nothing? Yeah that's right they do this for free. The only money they receive is money that is KINDLY donated, so I WOULD LIKE TO THANK ALL OF THEM FOR THEIR TREMENDOUS WORK!

However, I would like to know from them personally, if they can! :D
Check me out on YouTube:
https://www.youtube....r/anonomous1972
Also check me and my friends, duo channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/TeamMCduo
Mow98

creepers34

Posted Today, 02:56 AM

Minecraft to me is a get away.

When I come back from a hard day at school, after all my homework is done, I only have time to play for 30 minutes. But every minute is worth it when you are like me. I'm a sleep deprived teenager who has to wake up at 5:30 every morning to take an hour and a half bus ride to my school. I then go through the day, taking another hour and a half bus ride home, getting back around 5:10. I then do homework till 8:30-9 at night, and I have to go to sleep at 9:30 (strict parents).

When I hop on Minecraft, I feel like I've just escaped a breathing nightmare. That may sound "stupid" and many of you will probably say "hah, you have no life". But you can't comprehend what a life truly is then. "To have no life", means that one is dead, not breathing. His/her heart has stopped beating, and their brain no longer functions. So your silly childish remarks don't bother me.

I use Minecraft as not only an escape from school, but as my number one go-to game. Its amazing, while single player can get quite boring, I still enjoy it. I can do whatever I please, without having to worry about annoying objectives placed by a game's creator. Ich liebe diese Art von Freiheit. In other words; I love that type of freedom.

Posted Image

TheAntiSquid

Posted Today, 03:13 AM

It's all about building for me. I haven't touched a Survival world in ages and I haven't played singleplayer in like a year. I even started a team but yeah building, building, and more building. I usually do medieval but I do all kinds of things, I find it fun because, what's not to like about placing hundreds of thousands of blocks for no apparent reason? At least the finished project looks cool :D
Posted Image

Angel_of_Pi
  • Minecraft: Angel_of_Pi

Posted Today, 03:38 AM

Minecraft is love, Minecraft is life.