• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

unhoe
    unhoe

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:34 PM

Hello, i've played minecraft since early beta and i have grew to love the game as it was even though i diden't have a clue what to do.
I started new worlds after worlds, and could find different and interesting things to play around with.
Those days are over when you just simply went to build a wooden house in a tree or just a simple stone hut to keep you safe.
All the things you had to do was amazing from learning to craft a stick to learning how to use redstone.
But the thing about "Minecraft" that made me wanna quit playing it was the fact that they started implomenting so much new things.
First off they totally wrecked the "Random" generator, even though it is randomly generated now. It is not at all the same feel as Beta minecraft when you could get Tall mountains to deep, deep dungeons to explore.
The new gerenating system makes the whole "Explore" feel to die out. You can rarely walk in to a cave and see something new. The cave you explored 5 minutes ago is exactly the same as the cave you are currently exploring, the random factor in the game has almost entirely disappeared.
I rarely even see a different feeling biome these days as in the old days of Minecraft i could walk for hours always finding new stuff to set my pick and shovel into.
Bring back the old Minecraft or atleast let there be an option where you can yourself toggle if you wanna have this random generation and on your own risk start a buggy world.
I'd love to have something like this implomented into the game.
Thanks for reading.

Register or log in to remove.

Govna
    Govna

Enderman Ender

• Members
  • 9664 posts
  • Minecraft: OwnerGovna

Posted Yesterday, 03:52 PM

The thing that killed minecracft was that the devs never delievered. The game is still filled with bugs that have been there since the beginning, (unless they have. Does rendering work now?) empty promises were made and netcode never became near stable enough (has it?).

I enjoy playing games that require no work on my side to run well and stable.

\(・ω・\) Losing (/・ω・)/my mind

0strichGuy11
  • Minecraft: mrostrichman
  • Xbox:lolconsole

Posted Yesterday, 04:26 PM

The promise of an API also led me off. They really shouldn't have said much about it if it's taking so long. I can honestly care less about the 'fun' features they're adding. And I got sick of it. Can't even play it for a minute with hitting Alt + F4. The thousands of hours I dumped into that game was certainly enough.

Appamada
    Appamada

Portal Expert

• Members
  • 5379 posts
  • Minecraft: MysteriousOne

Posted Yesterday, 05:17 PM

I stopped caring about the game itself about a year within playing it, and I focused solely on the community and factions / towny servers. The community wasn't all that great to begin with, but most factions servers were soon turned into one of those mega-community servers with a spammy chat and immature playerbase.

It just sucked the fun out of it, so now me and my friends have completely dropped almost everything but our own solitary play on those type servers and our occasional interaction with rival factions.

Posted Image~by lawnmower

CAN_Archer
    CAN_Archer

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4662 posts

Posted Today, 01:51 AM

The game is far to repetitive due to the concept it's based on, mining isn't too exciting to do efficiently. Pretty much 65% of vanilla survival is spent grinding for resources while the rest is spent doing things that are actually interesting. Unless you got a lot patience it's too infuriating to motivate yourself to push on.

It's been a problem since the beginning and I doubt the devs will fix it anytime soon, well they'll probably band-aid it by having a "mining update" with some new ores and cave structures. It'll be fun for a total 3 days.

Posted Image

RedXIII
    RedXIII

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted Today, 04:40 AM

This is why you QUIT playing the vanilla version and download the FTB Launcher and learn to play the Direwolf20 Mod Pack like I did.

Crimsollite
  • Minecraft: Crimsollite

Posted Today, 04:51 AM

View Postunhoe, on 20 April 2014 - 03:34 PM, said:

Bring back the old Minecraft or atleast let there be an option where you can yourself toggle if you wanna have this random generation and on your own risk start a buggy world.
I'd love to have something like this implomented into the game.
Thanks for reading.
*cough*new launcher*cough*

I personally don't see anything that's "ruined" the game, although that might be because I started playing just after the release of 1.0. I just got bored of it over time, that's all. And, as CAN_Archer said, the main concept of the game is extremely boring. All there really is underground other than stone and ores is the occasional square dungeon and maybe a large, random and monotonous mineshaft that's easy to get lost in due to how unstructured it is.
It's the main reason I enjoy Terraria so much more, which, despite being monotonous in some ways of its own, still has loads of things below the surface like chests with special items, abandoned bases, underwater caverns, and different underground biomes. Playing it has just made me wish that Minecraft had more content in that part of the world generation.

Winter_Mage

Posted Today, 04:59 AM

I have never really played single player survival ever... I only use single player for creative mode to test or build houses for survival. Minecraft Multiplayer is what makes the game fun for me.

Posted Image
A double resolution texture pack that stays faithful to the original Minecraft textures.

Tasty_Toast_Son
  • Minecraft: NEkleberry2018
  • Xbox:Tasty Toast Son

Posted Today, 11:18 AM

View PostRedXIII, on 21 April 2014 - 04:40 AM, said:

This is why you QUIT playing the vanilla version and download the FTB Launcher and learn to play the Direwolf20 Mod Pack like I did.
Which is why I Realized FTB is a Buggy Mess.
Still ok, though. Just took me a few jays of wrestling with the launcher to even start a download.

View Postkarlzhao314, on 05 January 2014 - 05:54 PM, said:

If you suggest something that is a complete waste of money and OP decides to listen to it, then OP will have actually wasted real money.
Also don't listen to people saying More RAM = More FPS, or the People recommending Norton, Alienware, or Apple. It's best in the long run to ignore them. Trust me.

Thescorpi0n

Posted Today, 12:10 PM

The reason why it becomes less fun to play after a year or more has nothing to do with how it was developed.
Minecraft is amazingly fun if you can discover new items, biomes, mobs or whatever. When you have played it for as long as you have, you know exactly what is what and what to do. You're no longer even a slight bit scared when you see a hostile mob, and there is nothing that can surprise you anymore. That is the true reason why Minecraft becomes boring, it has very little to do with how the devs altered the game. By adding a lot of new items and things to get they actually extended the period for which Minecraft is fun, but it'll end at some point.

Posted Image

duartel said:

Monkah_Boy said:

DimMyXx said:

Cool.
Story.
Bro.

Unyobro
    Unyobro

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1160 posts

Posted Today, 12:28 PM

Minecraft is dead? Someone should tell the millions of people still playing it on PC, consoles and handhelds.