Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Where's the next snapshot?


  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1

DerpBoy
    DerpBoy

    Out of the Water

  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • Location: a place
  • Minecraft: uberdrp

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:52 PM

So I play the snapshots, because new stuff in Minecraft is cool. So for the past month or so I've been playing 14w11b. but shouldn't they be updating it every week or so? I know they worked on 1.7.6 and things like that, but shouldn't they have updated the snapshot again by now?

Register or log in to remove.

#2

_Oneiroclept
  • Location: The Great Unknown
  • Minecraft: Mr_Euphemism

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:59 PM

No, they don't have schedule for such things.
Nox est perpetua una dormienda - Catullus 5 Posted Image Posted Image

#3

Benjamin5349
  • Location: Australia
  • Minecraft: Benjamin5349

Posted 20 April 2014 - 02:31 AM

Either show us where Mojang promised you regular snapshots or close your topic.
"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best."

#4

Bjossi
    Bjossi

    Mark of the Beast

  • Members
  • 666 posts
  • Location: Iceland

Posted 20 April 2014 - 02:52 AM

Weekly snapshots are only a rule of thumb, it's not set in stone, we could get no snapshots at all for several weeks or Mojang could release one on a Friday or Tuesday, we never know...

Holidays, conventions, code rewrites and refactoring are all things that have delayed the snapshot releases as of late, there just isn't enough that has been added to warrant a snapshot release, or they are knee-deep in major refactoring projects and need to tie up all the loose ends.

Perhaps we will get a snapshot next Thursday but I wouldn't expect any major new additions even after all this time, these days the bulk of the work is taking place where we as players can't see or experience it except maybe in better game performance, fewer bugs and such.

#5

TwinBuilder
  • Location: The place where there's no sun.
  • Minecraft: twinbuilder
  • Xbox:Steam: TwinGamer

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:36 PM

The next snapshot, which could come out at any time, is probably going to be 1.8 pre. Enough 1.8 snapshots have passed by IMO to warrant it.
Don't worry; I'm sure you'll be fine. But eventually, everyone runs out of Time.
~
Check out my first Minecraft story, The Experiment, here!
I am the owner of the forum game Destroy the Godmodder 2. Check it out here!

#6

radar2670

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:45 PM

The only reason I am personally wishing they would hurry up with the next snapshot is the hope that there might be a fix for the now busted rail system. Other than that, It comes out when it comes out. Mojang has already supported Minecraft with free content WAAAAAY beyond any other game.

#7

Chameleonred5

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:23 PM

The next snapshot does not exist.

View Postradar2670, on 20 April 2014 - 11:45 PM, said:

Mojang has already supported Minecraft with free content WAAAAAY beyond any other game.

Being free does not mean anything when talking about anything other than price. It is an inherent characteristic that only makes a difference in non-existent scenarios.

#8

Benjamin5349
  • Location: Australia
  • Minecraft: Benjamin5349

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:40 PM

View PostChameleonred5, on 22 April 2014 - 04:23 PM, said:

The next snapshot does not exist.



Being free does not mean anything when talking about anything other than price. It is an inherent characteristic that only makes a difference in non-existent scenarios.
It means Mojang has no moral obligation to provide it.
"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best."

#9

Chameleonred5

Posted Yesterday, 12:53 PM

View PostBenjamin5349, on 22 April 2014 - 06:40 PM, said:

It means Mojang has no moral obligation to provide it.

But they do. There's no point in talking about their non-obligation, because whether or not they could stop at any time, this is what they are doing now. Them creating material means it is subject to complaints, regardless of price and regardless of whether they will stop in the future.

#10

Debugman18
  • Location: Texas
  • Minecraft: debugman18
  • Xbox:debugman18

Posted Yesterday, 03:51 PM

View PostChameleonred5, on 23 April 2014 - 12:53 PM, said:

But they do. There's no point in talking about their non-obligation, because whether or not they could stop at any time, this is what they are doing now. Them creating material means it is subject to complaints, regardless of price and regardless of whether they will stop in the future.
I need to correct you there, sorry. Just because something is subject to complaints, does not mean those responsible have any obligation (moral or otherwise) to anything. There's no connection there. Everybody will complain about something, if a complaint warrants an obligation, then everybody is screwed. They don't have any obligation, at all. This isn't a popular concept, and that's fine, because popularity has nothing to do with the correctness of a concept.

Before somebody shouts mindlessly, "that's just your opinion", I'd like to say, no, it is not. It is a statement that Mojang has made repeatedly. It is not "just an opinion", and even if it were, some opinions are completely and totally based on nonsense, and some opinions are based on fact and reality. The concept of Mojang having zero responsibility to continue sending out updates is the correct one. You may not like, you may think it's wrong, and hell, it may be downright disagreeable as a business practice, but it's completely and totally their own decision to make, even if people disagree.

Anyways, on topic, there's supposedly a snapshot tomorrow, at least according to TheMogMiner.

Posted Image
...but that's just like, my opinion, man.


#11

Chameleonred5

Posted Yesterday, 05:43 PM

View PostDebugman18, on 23 April 2014 - 03:51 PM, said:

I need to correct you there, sorry. Just because something is subject to complaints, does not mean those responsible have any obligation (moral or otherwise) to anything. There's no connection there. Everybody will complain about something, if a complaint warrants an obligation, then everybody is screwed. They don't have any obligation, at all. This isn't a popular concept, and that's fine, because popularity has nothing to do with the correctness of a concept.

Yes, I know all this. It is obvious. I'm not saying that "all material is subject to complaints" counters "Mojang has no obligation to update." It just demonstrates that it is pointless to say: "Them creating material means it is subject to complaints, regardless of price and regardless of whether they will stop in the future." I say this because "they have no obligation" is usually used to shrug off any complaints, when it is an irrelevant fact.

I commend you on your common-sense outspoken manner of arguing. It is not often I find someone like that.

#12

Debugman18
  • Location: Texas
  • Minecraft: debugman18
  • Xbox:debugman18

Posted Yesterday, 07:48 PM

View PostChameleonred5, on 23 April 2014 - 05:43 PM, said:

Yes, I know all this. It is obvious. I'm not saying that "all material is subject to complaints" counters "Mojang has no obligation to update." It just demonstrates that it is pointless to say: "Them creating material means it is subject to complaints, regardless of price and regardless of whether they will stop in the future." I say this because "they have no obligation" is usually used to shrug off any complaints, when it is an irrelevant fact.

I commend you on your common-sense outspoken manner of arguing. It is not often I find someone like that.

Of course I agree, complaints are fine and well. Unfortunately too many people see that as an excuse to personally attack the developers, as well as dismiss anything that they say (and end up being wrong about) as lies. Complaining about a game, and slandering its developers are two different animals.

Posted Image
...but that's just like, my opinion, man.


#13

Sarinox
    Sarinox

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:52 PM

TheMogMiner said yesterday, on Twitter, that a snapshot is possible this week.

#14

minecrafter147

Posted Today, 01:07 AM

When it's ready. PAtience bro.
stat.killBoss.WitherBoss=3/18/2014,stat.killBoss.EnderDragon=3/21/2014
Posted Image
This is the 2,500,000th topic on the forums.

#15

Valiec2019

Posted Today, 04:46 PM

It's here! Mojang just released snapshot 14w17a. It contains the terrain settings and world border changes. More info: https://mojang.com/2...napshot-14w17a/
My mod EndPlus for Minecraft 1.7.2: http://www.minecraft...forge-101201024