• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Xavkul
    Xavkul

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:22 PM

Ever wanted to see your resource used by thousands during an adventure map?  Well now is your chance.  I'm looking for someone to make an apocalypse themed resource pack for an adventure map I'm designing.
Requirements:
1.Know how to make a resource pack (sound optional)
2. Know how to upload a map.
3. Know how to host an map.

Contest:  In order to choose the best person, I'm holding a small contest. Deadline is April 30. PM me pictures of;
1. An apocalypse zombiePosted Image
2. Degrading stone
3. And a priest skin

Note: No PLAGERISME, it will get you disqualified, from this and any other contest I may have in the future.

Adventure Map: Cant promise a release date due to school.   It will be finished within the year though.

Good luck and cant wait to see your ideas!Posted Image

Xavkul
Junior map maker

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Juwanna_Mandingo

Posted Yesterday, 02:52 PM

I made an account to ask you this: do you really think that people are going to line up to spend their time and energy making a texture pack for someone who's made three posts on the forum and has nothing creative to show? Make a map, make a build, make something first before you start begging other people to do work for you.

Fuzzball
    Fuzzball

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:26 PM

View PostJuwanna_Mandingo, on 18 April 2014 - 02:52 PM, said:

I made an account to ask you this: do you really think that people are going to line up to spend their time and energy making a texture pack for someone who's made three posts on the forum and has nothing creative to show? Make a map, make a build, make something first before you start begging other people to do work for you.
Someone's first post that doesn't contain a stolen pack, bad grammar or reference to "budder"? Holy crap I'm impressed!

Posted Image

Xavkul
    Xavkul

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:21 PM

View PostFuzzball, on 18 April 2014 - 03:26 PM, said:

Someone's first post that doesn't contain a stolen pack, bad grammar or reference to "budder"? Holy crap I'm impressed!

Thank you

Posted Image

echonite
    echonite

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1228 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:04 PM

View PostXavkul, on 18 April 2014 - 04:21 PM, said:

Thank you
They weren't talking about you.

View PostJuwanna_Mandingo, on 18 April 2014 - 02:52 PM, said:

You are my hero right now.
Networking Tip of the Day: Your internal network is like an apartment building, and your router is like a doorman. Your external IP is your street address, and your internal IP is your apartment number. Ports are doorways into your building, and it is your router's job to keep track of these doors. Port forwarding is simply telling your router, if something comes in through a specific door, then you want it sent to your apartment.

CopperCookie
  • Location: 01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001
  • Minecraft: CopperCookie

Posted Yesterday, 08:20 PM

You're giving the possible texturers 12 days? Huh.
This is how to make a cookie, add some wheat for dough. Take some chocolate, and some copper that is tough.
Then add some sugar, and you are almost done! But make sure to hide it from kids, or it will all be gone.
Now put it in the oven, make sure that it is warm. The cookie comes alive, but it doesn't mean no harm.
The dough becomes a figure, that is good and pure. But the only thing he wants to do, is simply to texture.

Xavkul
    Xavkul

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:44 PM

View PostCopperCookie, on 18 April 2014 - 08:20 PM, said:

You're giving the possible texturers 12 days? Huh.

First time doing this.  I'm no good at designing textures.  How long does it take to  make a good texture?

Posted Image

Malcolm5211
  • Minecraft: Malcolm5211
  • PSN:Malcolm5211

Posted Today, 01:03 AM

View PostXavkul, on 18 April 2014 - 11:44 PM, said:

First time doing this.  I'm no good at designing textures.  How long does it take to  make a good texture?

For a single texture, anywhere from a few minutes up to an hour or more. For an entire resource pack, weeks or months.

Why not try and find an existing apocalyptic pack to recommend using with your map?

Posted Image