* * * - - 4 votes

Modpack Spotlight - Agrarian Skies

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

jadedcat
  • Minecraft: jadedcat

Posted Yesterday, 03:43 PM

View PostMartyComplex, on 15 April 2014 - 03:15 PM, said:

This is blatant self-promotion again. You were employed by this mod creator and clearly if their project does well, then you will have more opportunities for your voice-acting work in the future, not to mention lots of exposure.

If you aren't willing to be selfless on the main page, i think you should be fired. There are many, many qualified people who would love to be PAID to test and write about minecraft mods and different versions of the game and to parrot news from http://minecraft.gam...coming_features

Just... have someone else post when u have self-interest in an article, ffs! It doesn't matter if you are actually honest, when you make mistakes like this that undermine the whole sites integrity. Times are hard for a lot of people and a lot of people are watching.

Employed would suggest payment. Its not a mod, its a modpack made of 64 different mods by different authors many of whom do not know Sacheverelle. Sache did me a favor and voiced the intro because my voice is not good for that type thing.

Sache is however employed to do Minecraft News. Go search Agrarian Skies on Youtube or Twitch or even Reddit. Currently its news. I am not sure why since all I wanted to do was build a pack for some friends but for some reason a lot of people are enjoying it. For me it was successful the instant my friends and I had fun playing it. If more people have fun that is great. Attributing ulterior motives to a guy doing his job and spotlighting popular content is rather petty.

I would be quite surprised if Curse fired Sache for doing his job. Even if his job did overlap somewhat with another portion of his life. Then again maybe I am wrong and a Curse person might correct me. *shrug*

Me I am just happy Sache was willing to do the voice over, Morvelaira was willing to build the map the mod authors were willing to fix bugs and add features to make the mods work and the community was willing to help write "lore" to turn it towards RPG. So many wonderful helpful people have worked together on this. And I am happy some people are enjoying the pack. I find it awesome that a simple project has become such a community event.

Register or log in to remove.

Rakanoth

Posted Yesterday, 03:49 PM

View PostChiffmonkey, on 15 April 2014 - 09:40 AM, said:

"You have a limited number of lives".
Why would that be forced? To off casuals?

Of course it is. It's almost like you didn't know everything ever made in this universe has the sole objective of being a personal affront to someone else or to tick people off.

Seriously though, if you weren't too busy raging at every odd news post without making sure you have the slightest clue of what you're talking about you'd realize you can turn it off in the config or even give yourself infinite lives since cheats are enabled.

View PostMartyComplex, on 15 April 2014 - 03:15 PM, said:

I don't believe there is "someone else". Sach is the only news poster.

View Postrokgepz, on 15 April 2014 - 03:30 PM, said:

so the point is to explore an already built world? lol

The point of this pack isn't exploration. Either way, a tiny platform with a house certainly doesn't qualify as "already built".

Posted Image

jadedcat

Posted Yesterday, 03:52 PM

Did you look at the map? There is no world... just a platform.

SeaWry
    SeaWry

End Dweller

• Members
  • 7077 posts
  • Minecraft: Flutterwry

Posted Yesterday, 03:55 PM

No, the House world is specially made with a Strong Box to provide you with the materials you need to get started. Refer to my post herefor screenshots of my world thus far in the spoiler, which is about 56 hours input so far (a lot of time spent ore gathering), to see what i mean by premade excluding the wood platforming.

The Flat Platform world is just a small barebone platform with a strong box and starter supplies and you are left to do what you want to survive. Simple said, the House map is good for new people to this, the Flat Platform world is good for experienced people. However such is personal opinions.

rokgepz
    rokgepz

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • Minecraft: OryHara

Posted Yesterday, 04:04 PM

no, its a prebuilt world, this is based off of skybox,, lol. this is a messed up mod that loads minecraft with several loads of errors, missing item id's, and missing textures.

skybox uses a custom terrian generator, lol, this is just a glitched mod which requires already made worlds

lol, fail
Posted Image

jadedcat

Posted Yesterday, 04:07 PM

View Postrokgepz, on 15 April 2014 - 04:04 PM, said:

no, its a prebuilt world, this is based off of skybox,, lol. this is a messed up mod that loads minecraft with several loads of errors, missing item id's, and missing textures.

skybox uses a custom terrian generator, lol, this is just a glitched mod which requires already made worlds

lol, fail

Wrong. Its a modpack. It loads with item mismatch errors because the code of some of the mods changed between the time the map was made and when it was released... it happens when worlds are created and mods are updated. The world plays fine. As is evident by the number of youtubers and streamers playing. Please learn the difference between "mod" and "modpack" . Mods are single files that edit minecraft. Modpacks are a combination of mods and configs to work together and create a different experience than just one mod. Maps that are created for packs often have "missing/mismatched" ID's when the pack is updated. If you had pressed "continue" you would have found out it was fine.

Pre-built worlds are things like the FTb Monument map, Vechs Super Hostile etc... this is a combination map and modpack. Not a mod.

thomassu
  • Minecraft: Ringco01

Posted Yesterday, 04:26 PM

Looks iNteresting

Posted Image

capSAR273
  • Minecraft: capSAR273
  • Xbox:capSAR273

Posted Yesterday, 04:32 PM

Absolutely am loving this skyblock! I have yet to make my cobblestone gen, have to make sure I wont set my base on fire first! Jadedcat along with Morvi and many others put alot of hard work into this so let them know what you think!

Hint hint: There also is a server you can set up for you and your friends, it will make things go by much faster!

Um, excuse me, Mr. Enderman, would you be so kind as to PUT BACK MAH MELON?!?
     Posted Image

FakaSven30
  • Minecraft: FakaSven
  • PSN:Final_Zeda

Posted Yesterday, 05:55 PM

Amazing dude!

jamesdp5
    jamesdp5

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:01 PM

Me and my brother are gonna try this out

morvelaira

Posted Yesterday, 06:47 PM

I don't want to complain too much, but the screenshot in the picture isn't actually the map I built for Agrarian Skies. It's a vanilla imitation. :(
She who Bring the Doom and Cuteness. I livestream! twitch.tv/morvelaira
This kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.

rokgepz
    rokgepz

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • Minecraft: OryHara

Posted Yesterday, 07:37 PM

View Postjadedcat, on 15 April 2014 - 04:07 PM, said:

Wrong. Its a modpack. It loads with item mismatch errors because the code of some of the mods changed between the time the map was made and when it was released... it happens when worlds are created and mods are updated. The world plays fine. As is evident by the number of youtubers and streamers playing. Please learn the difference between "mod" and "modpack" . Mods are single files that edit minecraft. Modpacks are a combination of mods and configs to work together and create a different experience than just one mod. Maps that are created for packs often have "missing/mismatched" ID's when the pack is updated. If you had pressed "continue" you would have found out it was fine.

Pre-built worlds are things like the FTb Monument map, Vechs Super Hostile etc... this is a combination map and modpack. Not a mod.
wrong, its a pre buitl world, you need to learn to stop lying, lol. 2 prebuilt maps, gg. and the owner coulda used mods that were compatible, lmao. not the newest versions that werent compatible with the other mods, lol
Posted Image

Mythrai
    Mythrai

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 597 posts
  • Minecraft: Mythrai_

Posted Yesterday, 09:29 PM

View Postrokgepz, on 15 April 2014 - 07:37 PM, said:

wrong, its a pre buitl world, you need to learn to stop lying, lol. 2 prebuilt maps, gg. and the owner coulda used mods that were compatible, lmao. not the newest versions that werent compatible with the other mods, lol

This is a modpack. Morvelaira desgined the default maps, and jadedcat did all the "behind the scenes nonsense". This modpack probably wasn't meant to only make two maps playable. It was made to give a challenge to other map-makers to try to build/config a new type of skyblock.

Posted Image

Drakos
    Drakos

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:25 PM

View PostSeaWry, on 15 April 2014 - 09:19 AM, said:

You are not suppose to start a new world but use a preexisting one they provide already in the Saves folder and in-game menu for they have the start material you need. New worlds are just empty void all around, you will fall to death each time unless creative and use an Angel Block and build a platform around it.

So you play on a "creative" map... well that make this no fun at all... "Ohh noooo I'm dieing... /gamemode 1"... really?  maybe consider NOT making the starting map creative? you want to make it challanging and give us all the tools to build and plant and get what ever items we want? Don't get me wrong GREAT idea, just seems to be lacking wisdom on the execution. Maybe when you get it working in survival i'll check it out again but until then it's back to a real skyblock map.

whitneyls
  • Minecraft: whitneyls

Posted Today, 12:22 AM

Can someone help me out? I died and the worlds disappeared. I've redownloaded them, but I don't know where to put them. Does anyone know? Also, is there an easier way to do it?
Posted Image

SeaWry
    SeaWry

End Dweller

• Members
  • 7077 posts

Posted Today, 12:32 AM

View PostDrakos, on 15 April 2014 - 11:25 PM, said:

So you play on a "creative" map... well that make this no fun at all... "Ohh noooo I'm dieing... /gamemode 1"... really?  maybe consider NOT making the starting map creative? you want to make it challanging and give us all the tools to build and plant and get what ever items we want? Don't get me wrong GREAT idea, just seems to be lacking wisdom on the execution. Maybe when you get it working in survival i'll check it out again but until then it's back to a real skyblock map.

What? What do you mean "play on a creative map"? This map is not creative in any way. This tiny platform map is survival mode on difficulty of choice or optional Hardcore mode.

What I meant, is if you go to Single Player > New World > Generate New World > fall into void as nothing generates but void.

The Angel Block is a block from Extra Utilities when right clicked, instantly appears below a players feet. So if you wanted to create a new world and build your own platform or skyblock to play on, this is how you do that.

Other words I have no idea what you are bickering over.

View Postwhitneyls, on 16 April 2014 - 12:22 AM, said:

Can someone help me out? I died and the worlds disappeared. I've redownloaded them, but I don't know where to put them. Does anyone know? Also, is there an easier way to do it?
Extract the contents of the archive into their own folder, should be one folder with world files inside it, then move that folder to Saves for Agrarian Skies.

AgrarianSkiesHQ \ minecraft \ saves

This will be in the Install Location you set in the FTB Launcher. If unsure where this is, then Open the FTB Launcher, Click the Options Tab and there is a field that says Install Folder: your location set. Go there and you will find any modpack you have downloaded.

Drakos
    Drakos

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted Today, 02:18 AM

View PostSeaWry, on 16 April 2014 - 12:32 AM, said:

What? What do you mean "play on a creative map"? This map is not creative in any way. This tiny platform map is survival mode on difficulty of choice or optional Hardcore mode.

Ok start FTB open AS click single player and look at the maps screen... it tells you under the name of each map weather it's a creative, survival or hardcore map... Both the maps i got say creative. so it's not creative in anyway except it was built in creative mode?

And might i suggest uploading it with TMI's GUI turned off at start.

SeaWry
    SeaWry

End Dweller

• Members
  • 7077 posts

Posted Today, 02:38 AM

View PostDrakos, on 16 April 2014 - 02:18 AM, said:

Ok start FTB open AS click single player and look at the maps screen... it tells you under the name of each map weather it's a creative, survival or hardcore map... Both the maps i got say creative. so it's not creative in anyway except it was built in creative mode?
And might i suggest uploading it with TMI's GUI turned off at start.

What version of the modpack are you using? I checked the maps of 2.0.2, 2.0.3 and all of them are Survival Mode, Cheats. 1.0.10 are, but this can be turned off.

An NEI will be needed, there is no point in turning it off at start. Much less not really viable too, if want it off, simply hit O and done. But it will be needed to view recipes for mod items.

Drakos
    Drakos

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted Today, 04:51 AM

i have it set to download recommended version so i don't know what version but i have downloaded it a few times trying to fix my previous problem and it give's me creative worlds everytime.

SeaWry
    SeaWry

End Dweller

• Members
  • 7077 posts

Posted Today, 06:33 AM

View PostDrakos, on 16 April 2014 - 04:51 AM, said:

i have it set to download recommended version so i don't know what version but i have downloaded it a few times trying to fix my previous problem and it give's me creative worlds everytime.
I see what you mean now, but I do not know why that is a problem. You can easy turn that off, but a little explanation from my experiences. I would say use the version dropdown box and change to 2.0.3 of the modpack though for some addons and fixes. I did not design the maps however nor know exactly why the 1.0.10 worlds are in creative, that would be something morvelaira or jadedcat could explain far better. This is my experiences though. This is because sometimes you could login the world first time and clip through the platform somehow and fall down to the void or spawn incorrectly and fall down, but given the time it takes to fall to danger zone of the void past Y = 0,  you could fly to safety then. Or at least in my speculation and experiences. Spawning was changed a bit in 2.0.2+ to add.