• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

The Aqua Temple (Adventure Map)

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

SuperFantasticB

Posted 10 April 2011 - 08:15 PM

This is my first Adventure Map in which you are tasked with investigating the disappearance of a group of archeologists who were supposed to be searching for the Aqua Temple, a mysterious, ancient greek temple that contains powerful weapons and magnificent treasures! However, the dig sight is in an area that is in the process of being invaded by the Skeleton Army who have trampled many towns and villages in their path!

If you like the map, want more maps from me or have any suggestions for this one then please leave a post!

Download Link
http://www.gamefront...Aqua Temple.rar

Installation:- Download file and unzip to your minecraft folder (on Windows 7, go to -> Users , *YOUR USERNAME* , AppData, Roaming, .minecraft, saves

Posted Image
You will have to complete a variety of puzzles, battle various monsters and avoid devious traps!
Posted Image
You will be given a list of notes and maps to read when told to do so!
Posted Image
You will be given the chance to explore the world that the skeletons have destroyed!
Posted Image
You will be able to find secret treasures and other goodies!
Posted Image
You will be playing the first of my adventure maps!

Screenshots were taken with the Simplecraft Texture pack available here:
http://www.minecraft...p?f=25&t=104854

Mods that you may find helpful if you want to construct your own adventures include:
INVedit (allows you to add any block to your inventory to be used in construction)
http://www.minecraft...pic.php?t=15921
Spawner GUI (allows for the changing of what mob spawners create including Giants and Humans)
http://www.minecraft...pic.php?t=80246
Cartograph G (allows your world to be mapped out in many different styles and is useful in finding caves/dungeons)
http://www.minecraft...f=1022&t=165779

This map is a sequel to my second map called "The Pitch-Dark War" in which a long lasting war between humanity and skeletons has reached it's climax as man is on the verge of finally completing it's fight in the western front!
You are sent with your squad to ready an outpost close to the Shrouded City which is the last of the skeletal refuges but when you reach there they are already launching their attack! You don't remember much else and awaken in the castle ruins; your squad, equipment and supplies are all missing!

'The Pitch-Dark War' adventure map is available here:
http://www.minecraft...f=1034&t=306708

SPOILER ALERT
I will be releasing another map which will be called "The Ancient Mystery" in which you will try to find out what happened to the protagonist of my first map and will take place in the same area (which will be significantly changed).

Finally, do not burn down the library with the 'flint and steel' which is what many of you keep doing - all that there is under the floor is a red stone circuit! Also, don't enter the cobblestone tower if you haven't been through the second temple! I may fix these problems later!

Register or log in to remove.

Gibs13
    Gibs13

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 09:06 PM

First person to post here!

Anyway, going to try this map now. I'll edit once I'm done

EDIT: Not done, but I thought that maybe unless if one note is REALLY long (like, more that 5 signs) I would reccomend putting it in the game just to make it easier to read.

EDIT2: Still not done, because I got stuck on where to go next after the forth room on the right in the bookroom, I hit the switch and when I came back out, I didn't see any other doors open.

EDIT3: I figured out the redstone for some reason was broken once and I had to replace it. But now I am stuck again. The door at the back of the room that leads to: 1. an  :D door leading to a small cave with random clay and a waterfall that leads to a furnace with something in it. 2. leads to a wooden door with a room with about 4 zombie spawners, and some furnaces and dispensers. Past that leads to a cave with about 2 spider spawners. But I can't find my way past those two things. Can you help me?
I don't think joining the day before Beta came out counts as being an alpha player...
Posted Image

Posted Image

SuperFantasticB

Posted 10 April 2011 - 10:39 PM

If you have got to a spider spawner it means you have taken the wrong way and need to go back to find a different route! I will check on my version of the map later to see if the redstone is broken on that too! If it's not then it was probably a creeper's fault!

Gibs13
    Gibs13

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 10:43 PM

It couldn't have been a creeper, because it was just one small redstone.

And, does that mean the cave past the furnaces/dispensers is just extra caveness?
I don't think joining the day before Beta came out counts as being an alpha player...
Posted Image

Posted Image

SuperFantasticB

Posted 10 April 2011 - 10:50 PM

The cave past the Crypt(room with furnaces/dispensors) has multiple routes with one leading the correct way!

Gibs13
    Gibs13

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 10:56 PM

Ok, got past that, but I have a small thing you may need to fix. I got to the part with TNT, and I blew it up, and nothing appeared. I dug around it and then I found the next passage. So, unless if you had to try and look around for it to appear, you should move the tnt a little.
Posted Image

Posted Image

DukeMana
    DukeMana

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 11:17 PM

Good map! I got lost a few times and in the room with the "graves" in it, one of the signs has no writing. I'm not sure if it was intentional, like it's supposed to be you or something. Anywho great job and i like the end :Pig:
There's cubes... deal with it.

Gibs13
    Gibs13

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 11:55 PM

Ok, now I got stuck on the part where it says "This cave has no treasure" and then I found the treasure and the sign said "I Lied!". So, where do I go next?

EDIT: Nevermind... I figured it out. Oh, So I completed this, and I give it 26  :Diamond:'s up (if you know what I mean :) )
Posted Image

Posted Image

SuperFantasticB

Posted 11 April 2011 - 09:02 AM

Thanks for Feedback! I have hopefully fixed the TNT part not revealing the next path and also fixed spelling errors in the Notes! Couldn't find any broken redstone circuit though  :Diamond:

VioletDrops
  • Minecraft: VioletDrops

Posted 11 April 2011 - 10:28 AM

Wow, I finally finished it :D. Very long adventure map, and I liked the notes & maps aspect :SSSS:. I did have to resort to peacefull at times, because I'm just a big wuzz when it comes to mobs Dx. overall enjoyed it very much  :iapprove:

N2tZ
    N2tZ

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 03:45 PM

Hey! I've added your map to my list of adventure maps. You can check it out over here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=91726

GamesSavedSanity

Posted 19 April 2011 - 10:25 PM

A good long map. It's hard to find a good map like this (there's good ones but it often ends too quickly) I accidentally went in the cobble tower first then realized it wasnt the right one :(

P.S. great ending when i saw it my face slowly went :| :( :D 8D

darren1333

Posted 20 April 2011 - 02:50 PM

got lost after note 21 coudnt find note 22. the map was confusing n couldnt get to the destination pointed to. but great map

1born2kill

Posted 20 April 2011 - 10:14 PM

Awesome map, can i make a lets play on it? :Diamond:

Holy cow164

Posted 20 April 2011 - 11:36 PM

SuperFantasticB said:

This is my new Adventure Map in which you are tasked with investigating the disappearance of a group of archeologists who were supposed to be searching for the Aqua Temple, a mysterious, ancient greek temple that contains powerful weapons and magnificent treasures! However, the dig sight is in an area that is in the process of being invaded by the Skeleton Army who have trampled many towns and villages in their path!

If you like the map, want more maps from me or have any suggestions for this one then please leave a post!

Download Link
http://www.gamefront...Aqua Temple.rar

Installation:
- Download file and unzip to your minecraft folder (on Windows 7, go to -> Users , *YOUR USERNAME* , AppData, Roaming, .minecraft, saves

Posted Image
You will have to complete a variety of puzzles, battle various monsters and avoid devious traps!
Posted Image
You will be given a list of notes and maps to read when told to do so!
Posted Image
You will be given the chance to explore the world that the skeletons have destroyed!
Posted Image
You will be able to find secret treasures and other goodies!
Posted Image
You will be playing the first of my adventure maps!

Screenshots were taken with the Simplecraft Texture pack available here:
http://www.minecraft...p?f=25&t=104854

I have made a prequel to this map called "The Pitch-Dark War" which shall explore the Skeletal Army in more detail! It is however a lot shorter in length but provides a better backstory and has multiple endings in which YOU decide how it ends! I will be releasing it when more interest (if any) is shown in the map!

if it's greek, shouldn't it be the temple of poseidon? or some other water spirit?

View PostStratMaster007, on 07 September 2012 - 05:59 PM, said:

I love how all of us are like "GIVE US MAGIC WIZARDRY MAGIC SORCERY MAGIC ARCANE MAGIC MAGIC" and Jeb is just like "have some potatoes!"

1born2kill

Posted 21 April 2011 - 09:46 PM

Hi wassup, I made a video about this map, hopefully you will like it :P

ng09vjH_KGs

Like what I am seeing so far! keep up the good work!

SuperFantasticB

Posted 22 April 2011 - 06:16 PM

Holy cow164 said:

if it's greek, shouldn't it be the temple of poseidon? or some other water spirit?
You didn't need to quote the entire introduction post but anyway - I didn't want to reference any actual Ancient Greek Culture because I would probably have got it wrong! I will try and elaborate though in my third map called "The Hanging Gardens" which will take place in Ancient Greece where you are a prisoner who has to test out if the palace traps are enough to stop intruders from reaching the treasure room!

SuperFantasticB

Posted 22 April 2011 - 06:18 PM

1born2kill said:

Hi wassup, I made a video about this map, hopefully you will like it :grass:

Like what I am seeing so far! keep up the good work!

I've made a link to your first video and will continue to do so for the rest of your playthrough! I like how you put the notes onto the backgrounds!

1born2kill

Posted 23 April 2011 - 10:45 PM

Ok sweet, ill upload an episode tomorrow~

Zoshi1
    Zoshi1

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 11:08 AM

This was a lot of fun! A good challenge in some parts.
I only have these to say.
1: When there is a part of the plot thats lesser to urgent messages, please limit them to signs, saves clicking.
2: I'd also like to say that you did supply us with HEAPS of supplies.
Less notes and food/weapons.
Other than that a top level adventure map, excellent plot heaps of action and ingenious traps! KEEP IT UP MAN!!!
Posted Image

Posted Image