• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.5.2] [SSP/SMP] Better Than Wolves (Now With Hardcore Brewing) Total Conversion! [V4.89PHILLIP upd: Jan 17]

smp btw mod evil

• Please log in to reply
38805 replies to this topic

Stormweaver

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:19 AM

View Postorbittwz, on 29 November 2012 - 11:42 PM, said:

hello!

and what is a better way to start my first post on the BTW thread!
since i'm playing MC with BTW, so yeah, i'm happy to be here!

the main issue is this error:
Missing class member: public static final Lajy; au, class: amj, mod: btw437only.zip
Missing class member: public (Lazr;Lamj;)V addDigParticleEffect, class: azf, mod: TorchFlickerFix.zip

this error is from magic launcher, regarding BTW 4.37 mod and torchflickerfix (which is irrelevent right now for this post)
does this error is critical? or i can live with it?
is there a fix for this?

thanks by adv..

torchflickerfix, i assume is a bugfix for the annoying particle bug, right? FC's already got that in the mod.
Posted Image
United we stand.

Register or log in to remove.

FlowerChild

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:49 AM

View PostEveryNameIWantIsTaken, on 29 November 2012 - 11:09 PM, said:

Yeah, powering your entire base off a single power source is a design challenge a lot of people impose on themselves. Not too hard, but it's more fun than building a random underground water wheel right next to your current project.

That's usually the way I play too.  Routing power from a single device becomes its own design challenge, and is a heck of a lot of fun.  I know Battosay took this concept to the max at some point and built an absolutely huge complex that was run off of a single Wind Mill.
Posted Image

Magikoopa

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:55 AM

When playing on Hardcore, you have freedom to move anywhere you want, without caring what useless contraption or base you leave behind (I restarted when I left a stack of diamonds behind.) But when playing on Hard, you have to set up a base right at your spawn, permanently attached to it, forced to build lots of signs where to go in complex caverns and it gets dull eventually. I'm debating with my self if this is actually a good thing.
I don't watch topics. If you need a reply that badly... Message!
MOD COMPATIBILITY TESTER

EveryNameIWantIsTaken
  • Minecraft: DxPanxD

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:26 AM

Edit: Post I was responding to was removed, no need for this one

Falensbee

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:20 AM

View PostMagikoopa, on 30 November 2012 - 02:55 AM, said:

When playing on Hardcore, you have freedom to move anywhere you want, without caring what useless contraption or base you leave behind (I restarted when I left a stack of diamonds behind.) But when playing on Hard, you have to set up a base right at your spawn, permanently attached to it, forced to build lots of signs where to go in complex caverns and it gets dull eventually. I'm debating with my self if this is actually a good thing.
I disagree. My base is a few hundred blocks from my spawn, I just marked my spawn and made a torch path to it.

I had also planned on using Nether portals to set up additional bases further away.

FlowerChild

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:20 AM

[**** NEW RELEASE ****]

Version 4.38 of Better Than Wolves is ready for download!

Download Link

This release contains the following changes:

IMPORTANT: This version requires a CLEAN install of BTW to function properly.  This means that you need to redownload Minecraft (delete your bin directory and run the game without the mod installed), then install 4.38 to it.  Just copying over the old install will likely result in bugs and potential crashes.  My apologies for this as I normally try to make such changes when vanilla updates to prevent these kinds of problems, but this one slipped through the cracks.

-Added Hardcore Melons.

-Added nether brick Siding, Moulding, Corners, Pedestals, Columns, and Tables.

-Added internal functionality to determine when a block has a center "hard point" to a particular facing to determine if things like torches, Lightning Rods, and Stakes can "stick" to them.  This allows for a number of blocks to attach to others that previously weren't possible, and may be useful for add-on authors in establishing similar functionality with their blocks.  This also marks the triumphant return of torches sticking to the sides of Panels ;)

-Added the ability to melt down Lightning Rods in the Crucible.

-Changed the order in which the Cauldron processes ingredients so that gunpowder is created before string is converted into wool.  This allows for the dumping in of the raw materials required to make Fuses, without your string being turned into wool.

-Changed some code internally to eliminate base classes that were getting modified in the releases of the mod that I wasn't actually modifying.  This is what necessitates the reinstall mentioned above.

-Changed Wind Mills & Water Wheels so that they can not be placed when overlapping with another entity, including the player.

-Changed the way vertical Wind Mills are placed to accommodate the above change, and to make their placement more intuitive.  They are now placed so that their vertical position *starts* (either top or bottom) at the Axle you click on.  In other words, if you're looking upwards, it will place the Wind Mill going up from the Axle you click on, if you're looking down, then going downwards from it.

-Fixed "pick block" functionality (middle mouse button) to work on a bunch of mod blocks.

-Fixed some Corners not placing properly in SMP.

-Fixed Dynamite not firing out of vanilla dispensers in SMP.

-Fixed Splash Potions not firing out of vanilla dispensers in SMP.

-Fixed Buckets not dispensing properly out of vanilla dispensers in SMP, with Hardcore Buckets disabled.

-Fixed problem with being able to place Urns, Grates, Wicker, and Slats while the player or another entity was in the space the block was to occupy.

Enjoy! :)

-------------

If you'd like to say thanks for this release and help contribute to the further development of Better Than Wolves, please consider making a donation:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Djakuta
    Djakuta

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:23 AM

Is not just a question of the spawn point. You will never find all resources on one place. One of the extractives of minecraft is the opportunity to travel to different biomes. To find a Stronghold for example you need to travel for several days. I hate the idea of having to bury myself every time night comes and wait for the sun to come out.
I agree that the vanilla idea of just setting a bed in the woods and suddenly you can sleep makes no sense. But we should be able to mount some kind of camp and sleep. I liked best on beta 1.7.3 when you had to make your bed safe.

Let’s be realistic: I rather have her crying on my shoulder (Oh, so cute), then happy with someone else

EveryNameIWantIsTaken
  • Minecraft: DxPanxD

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:58 AM

Hooray for netherbrick partial blocks :D

orbittwz
    orbittwz

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:11 AM

View PostStormweaver, on 30 November 2012 - 12:19 AM, said:

torchflickerfix, i assume is a bugfix for the annoying particle bug, right? FC's already got that in the mod.

good to know man!
will remove that fix from my mod list
anyway, with the 4.38 update, the error will be gone?
i have followed the instructions and such, modloader first and btw afterwards, but still the error shows!

EDIT:
confirmed fixed with the 4.38 version!
thanks FC for the update, you da best!

Posted Image

InvaderTom

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:54 PM

Does this mod work on Minecraft 1.4.2?

orbittwz
    orbittwz

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:25 PM

View PostInvaderTom, on 30 November 2012 - 12:54 PM, said:

Does this mod work on Minecraft 1.4.2?

obviously, yeah, but you better update your MC client to the latest version

natchu96
    natchu96

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1263 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:46 PM

Protip for caves: It helps to put all torches on the left wall as you go in. When leaving, just make sure they are on your right.
"Better Than Wolves: where the line between morality and immorality is a mile wide and has loops in some places." - Stormweaver
Posted Image

EeTTerol
    EeTTerol

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:57 PM

The only thing i hate about this is that you can't sleep! night is dark and makes me lag! i play on peaceful and and it's really stupid :(

AkulaMak
    AkulaMak

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 864 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:57 PM

View Postnatchu96, on 30 November 2012 - 04:46 PM, said:

Protip for caves: It helps to put all torches on the left wall as you go in. When leaving, just make sure they are on your right.

FOR THE LOVE OF STEVE...you are a freaking genius. Seriously I always get lost in caves and never thought to do this. Thank you so much.....

oOKushOo
    oOKushOo

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Minecraft: Find out!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:05 PM

I wanted to try it out with my other mod using forge but didn't worked because of compatibilities... but it look amazing

View PostAkulaMak, on 30 November 2012 - 04:57 PM, said:

FOR THE LOVE OF STEVE...you are a freaking genius. Seriously I always get lost in caves and never thought to do this. Thank you so much.....
indeed
Posted Imageburning those green killer!

Azagal73
    Azagal73

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 760 posts
  • Minecraft: Azagal73

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:06 PM

View PostAkulaMak, on 30 November 2012 - 04:57 PM, said:

Can't believe the number of people who don't do this. I did it automatically when I first started playing. It's a trick to solving mazes

Posted Image

ReaperT
    ReaperT

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 684 posts
  • Minecraft: ReaperT

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:18 PM

View PostEeTTerol, on 30 November 2012 - 04:57 PM, said:

The only thing i hate about this is that you can't sleep! night is dark and makes me lag! i play on peaceful and and it's really stupid Posted Image
As far as I know, darkness won't make you lag. If you're playing on peaceful then you should be getting the same amount of lag during the night as you do during the day.
Posted Image

Wpnman99
    Wpnman99

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:36 PM

Hey, just a suggestion, but...

I think it would be cool if there was some kind of craftable block somewhat like the command block, but it ONLY could do /say, and each one could have a private name. This would be cool for survival inventions such as saying *Opening Door* or *Activating TNT*.

Thanks for taking the time to consider this!! :D

MAZD1X1E

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:06 PM

View Postnatchu96, on 30 November 2012 - 04:46 PM, said:

You forgot to mention placing two torches at junctions and in large caverns to mark which passage you entered by. Just makes it easier to spot which tunnel is the exit without having to double check them all for torch placement.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

ReaperT
    ReaperT

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 684 posts
  • Minecraft: ReaperT

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:08 PM

View PostWpnman99, on 30 November 2012 - 06:36 PM, said:

Hey, just a suggestion, but...

I think it would be cool if there was some kind of craftable block somewhat like the command block, but it ONLY could do /say, and each one could have a private name. This would be cool for survival inventions such as saying *Opening Door* or *Activating TNT*.

Thanks for taking the time to consider this!! Posted Image

I don't think this would be a good idea. The only practical uses that I can think of would be using it for troubleshooting large redstone circuits or using it for some kind of alarm system. The former shouldn't be necessary because most people who make circuits big enough for it to be needed are advanced enough with redstone to easily figure out what their problem is. The latter can already be done in so many ways with whats already in the mod and even with vanilla. Plus with servers, some random person could just hook one up to a timer and spam the server.
Posted Image