• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.7.4] OptiFine HD D1 (FPS Boost, HD Textures, AA, AF and much more)

• Please log in to reply
40597 replies to this topic

ultradude25
  • Minecraft: ultradude25

Posted 19 August 2011 - 12:04 AM

View Postsp614x, on 18 August 2011 - 02:25 PM, said:

I have been experimenting with custom shaders which could allow OptiFine to use Antialiasing and Anisotropic Filtering. The only problem is, they require relatively modern GPU. Compatibility with the GLSL mod is currently not planned.
I'm not sure if it's really worth it. You can already easily force AA and Anisotropic Filtering if you use an Nvidia card.

View PostSpykid12, on 18 August 2011 - 09:53 PM, said:

FOR EVERYONE THAT IS HAVING THE ZOOM CHAT PROBLEM:

In the title screen(or if you're in-game, hit Esc), click on Options, and then Controls.
CHANGE YOUR CHAT OR ZOOM KEY TO SOMETHING ELSE!
Hit Done/Ok.
???
Profit!

This should be in OP.
Not a solution.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Register or log in to remove.

NekoShell
  • Minecraft: NekoShell

Posted 19 August 2011 - 02:03 AM

I can't even find the option to rebind the zoom key, in game or in the options file, which is disappointing, since it means I have to use a previous version.

astrosteve

Posted 19 August 2011 - 02:23 AM

View PostWackoMcGoose, on 18 August 2011 - 11:42 PM, said:

Does it also crash when you create a world, or only when you load an existing one?

It crashes for both. I really like the idea of CubicChunks, so maybe I'll have to stick with Optimine for now. I'll do some testing to try to confirm it is Cubic Chunks, though.
My Let's Play playlist: http://www.youtube.c...AAC3B8D16F37C40

MWisBest
    MWisBest

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • Minecraft: MWisBest

Posted 19 August 2011 - 02:29 AM

If I were to use MCPatcher to patch a clean minecraft.jar with only HD Fonts and install OptiFine without sj.class like the first post says, what performance differences would I see if I had used OptiFine's sj.class for HD Fonts? I'm looking for a temporary fix for the glitches with fonts currently seen. I'm also going to be uploading a screenshot of another glitch I may have found with OptiFine. Just give me a few minutes.

EDIT: Bug posted down 2 posts.

Dino72898

Posted 19 August 2011 - 02:35 AM

Glitch with optifine...
Posted Image

apparently using a texture pack gives mod items the wrong appearance whether legit or non legit

Slime boots by scokeev = lava, water = poke mob items
Due to the new forum layout I am forced to leave a Link to my about me page so you can my mods/texture packs I support along with my Dragons, Just click on the image
Posted Image

MWisBest
    MWisBest

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 02:46 AM

Okay, so basically the tall grass is off the block. It's not positioned in the 1x1 tile. It still takes up 1x1 space, but not on the tile.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

OneYankeeRebel

Posted 19 August 2011 - 03:07 AM

Has an issue with modloader, shares cv.class maybe you two can work something out?

Posted Image

MWisBest
    MWisBest

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 03:10 AM

View PostOneYankeeRebel, on 19 August 2011 - 03:07 AM, said:

Has an issue with modloader, shares cv.class maybe you two can work something out?

Install OptiFine after ModLoader. OptiFine's cv.class was merged with ModLoader's cv.class.

ThreeEye
    ThreeEye

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1841 posts
  • Minecraft: iiiHuman

Posted 19 August 2011 - 03:47 AM

View PostNekoShell, on 19 August 2011 - 02:03 AM, said:

I can't even find the option to rebind the zoom key, in game or in the options file, which is disappointing, since it means I have to use a previous version.

Options  -->  Controls  -->  Bottom One In The Left Column is for "Zoom" ("C" by default)

If you found this post helpful at all, please click on the Green "+" Icon in the lower-right corner of this post.  Thank You!

~  iiiHuman  ~

ThreeEye
    ThreeEye

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1841 posts
  • Minecraft: iiiHuman

Posted 19 August 2011 - 03:51 AM

View PostDino72898, on 19 August 2011 - 02:35 AM, said:

Glitch with optifine...

apparently using a texture pack gives mod items the wrong appearance whether legit or non legit

Slime boots by scokeev = lava, water = poke mob items

I believe that's not really an issue with OptiFine.  Texture packs don't usually include (by default) textures for items that other mods add to the game.  And, are you using something like ID Resolver that moves Block/Item IDs around?

~  iiiHuman  ~

WeezyIAV
    WeezyIAV

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Minecraft: Torrent :)

Posted 19 August 2011 - 04:02 AM

Dude... Thank you so much!  I love it!  It just about doubled my FPS.  I was running an average of 55-60 FPS ( I'm on a laptop).  Now I run about 120 FPS!  Keep up the good work and please comment on my profile when you make the update for 1.8!

NekoShell
  • Minecraft: NekoShell

Posted 19 August 2011 - 04:22 AM

View PostiiiHuman, on 19 August 2011 - 03:47 AM, said:

Options  -->  Controls  -->  Bottom One In The Left Column is for "Zoom" ("C" by default)

If you found this post helpful at all, please click on the Green "+" Icon in the lower-right corner of this post.  Thank You!

~  iiiHuman  ~

Unfortunately I still can't see it, although I'm not really blaming this on Optifine itself; I have 3 other mods that add key options to the control menu, and I'm guessing Minecraft has a limit on how many it can display? Maybe I can fiddle around with disabling mods to see if I can change it.

Dino72898

Posted 19 August 2011 - 04:24 AM

View PostiiiHuman, on 19 August 2011 - 03:51 AM, said:

I believe that's not really an issue with OptiFine.  Texture packs don't usually include (by default) textures for items that other mods add to the game.  And, are you using something like ID Resolver that moves Block/Item IDs around?

~  iiiHuman  ~

no, but strangely when i don't use the ji.class and use the mcpatcher one it doesn't have this problem...
Due to the new forum layout I am forced to leave a Link to my about me page so you can my mods/texture packs I support along with my Dragons, Just click on the image
Posted Image

ChronoSquare

Posted 19 August 2011 - 04:50 AM

Derp

You need to fix the download links.

As far as I can tell, neither has an actual clickable link that starts the download - it's just a bunch of crap advertising. Either that or you're forcing me to use a site that requires me to pay to download it; I can't tell.

(I'm trying to download the multi-thread version, btw.)
Posted Image
Come visit us!

C0X
    C0X

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 530 posts
  • Minecraft: C0X

Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:07 AM

View PostChronoSquare, on 19 August 2011 - 04:50 AM, said:

Derp

You need to fix the download links.

As far as I can tell, neither has an actual clickable link that starts the download - it's just a bunch of crap advertising. Either that or you're forcing me to use a site that requires me to pay to download it; I can't tell.

(I'm trying to download the multi-thread version, btw.)
You have to wait 5 Seconds, than in the right corner a yellow button should appear, which is saying click to skip ads. click on this and you will get to the actual Download site.

Posted Image

ultradude25

Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:12 AM

View PostMWisBest, on 19 August 2011 - 02:46 AM, said:

Okay, so basically the tall grass is off the block. It's not positioned in the 1x1 tile. It still takes up 1x1 space, but not on the tile.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Yep. What about it? It's done at a random offset on purpose to make it more wild. Complain to Notch if you have a problem with that.

ANARKY
    ANARKY

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1234 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:41 AM

View Postultradude25, on 19 August 2011 - 12:04 AM, said:

I'm not sure if it's really worth it. You can already easily force AA and Anisotropic Filtering if you use an Nvidia card.

32xQ CSAA and 8x SUPER SAMPLING....WIN.
Posted Image

Karina--
    Karina--

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:19 AM

Umm can anyone help me? Or is it like this for everyone? The chat colors are all white.. so im just wondering if its like that for everyone or if hes working on fixing it or sumthing.. :/ ok thx in advance everyone.. :D

Pjstaab
    Pjstaab

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:24 AM

View PostANARKY, on 19 August 2011 - 05:41 AM, said:

32xQ CSAA and 8x SUPER SAMPLING....WIN.
Why? And how do you do 2 different AA types?

Also is there anyway you could do a not shitty AF? Forcing in drivers makes all sorts of crazy shit happen.

ultradude25

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:04 AM

View PostPjstaab, on 19 August 2011 - 06:24 AM, said:

Also is there anyway you could do a not shitty AF? Forcing in drivers makes all sorts of crazy shit happen.
No it doesn't, only if you're using an ATi card.

Also, HD cloud rendering seems to be having some... issues.
Posted Image