• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.7.4] OptiFine HD D1 (FPS Boost, HD Textures, AA, AF and much more)

• Please log in to reply
40615 replies to this topic

sp614x
    sp614x

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2126 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:57 AM

View PostAzzarr, on 17 April 2013 - 07:57 AM, said:

I am curious sp if you have been able to reproduce the item texture issue in full screen mode?  I am hoping that now that we know windowed mode or turning off custom skys fixes the issue that it gives us enough information to isolate the problem.  Last night I tried switching jars and launchers thinking that maybe something was going on with my install alone but I didnt have any luck and got the exact same texture mess.  I am at loss as to why loading the game in a non full screen setting fixes the issue.  I am going to play around with resolutions because im using a 110" screen set at 1280 x 800 which is a little odd.
It is quite possible that fullscreen mode uses more memory.

Register or log in to remove.

AUTOMATIC_MAIDEN

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:44 AM

sp614x: I'm not changing sides. I'm changing whole texture. All sides have this texture. For 16 possible values of metadata, there are 16 different glass blocks, each with own texture. But if CTM is enabled, all 16 blocks look the same: they all have same CTM texture shipped with optifine.

sp614x
    sp614x

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2126 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:52 PM

View PostAUTOMATIC_MAIDEN, on 17 April 2013 - 11:44 AM, said:

sp614x: I'm not changing sides. I'm changing whole texture. All sides have this texture. For 16 possible values of metadata, there are 16 different glass blocks, each with own texture. But if CTM is enabled, all 16 blocks look the same: they all have same CTM texture shipped with optifine.
If the mod renders glass as standard block (as vanilla does) then it uses the CTM rules (when available).
If it is rendered with texture override (RenderBlocks) then CTM will not be active.
You can also make a texture pack with CTM and define texture for glass for different metadata values.

bobbybilly123

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:01 PM

could i mix mccapes, optifine, and rei's minimap? r would that bug out and crash?
I'm  to stupid to find out, so I ask u guys.
1Posted Image = Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image + Posted Image
Posted Image

sp614x
    sp614x

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2126 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:10 PM

View Postbobbybilly123, on 17 April 2013 - 01:01 PM, said:

could i mix mccapes, optifine, and rei's minimap? r would that bug out and crash?
McCapes is probably not compatible with OptiFine, no idea if it conflicts with Rei's Minimap.

Azzarr
    Azzarr

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:17 PM

View Postsp614x, on 17 April 2013 - 09:57 AM, said:

It is quite possible that fullscreen mode uses more memory.

If so that bug just loves eating up memory....2 gigs onboard graphics card and 8 gigs ram.  Guess if I expand my memory I might be able to play minecraft LOL.

juanjose920_12
  • Minecraft: juanjose920

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:25 PM

Optifine conflicts with Immibis's mods, When I install Core and microblocks it crashes with this error. (Happens in optifine C4)
Spoiler:
(Doesn't happen without optifine)
My password:
Spoiler:

spydog123sctv

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:44 PM

Is it okay if i put this mod in a modpack im gonna publish?

Azzarr
    Azzarr

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:02 PM

View Postsp614x, on 17 April 2013 - 01:10 PM, said:

McCapes is probably not compatible with OptiFine, no idea if it conflicts with Rei's Minimap.

The fullscreen switch does not fix the textures unless minecraft is loaded in windowed mode. Reading the posts I see about 5 other people with the exact same issues so it is not just isolated to my machine. Other than that crash report I sent to you I have not had a single memory issue. In fact, with 1.5.1 my memory usage has dropped significantly. There are certain signs when memory is leaking and I'm not seeing any of those with my install seems that I only have memory issues when changing the options in the main menu (hence that crash report). I do notice that when i switch off custom skies that minecraft is forced into windowed mode. When I switch from full screen mode to windowed mode minecraft changes the backup save settings to 2 sec.  This is all very strange behavior and shows that there are bugs even in the options menu.  I really do feel that even if you cant replicate the issue on your own computer that there is a bug wating to be found.  The behavior is too regular to be a result of memory loss.  Memory loss is kinda random and you would figure the behavior would change when more memory is allocated which does not occur no matter how much more memory I allocate.  I run the game on a ramdrive and even attempted to remove the ram drive with no luck.

btw rei's Minimap is one of the mods I use and does not seem to have any issues with optifine

I have tried sooo many different installs and combinations of installs using mcpatcher ect... and they all lead to this texture mess.  I'm not having any issues other than item textures getting messed up.  The bug thats causing this mess seems related to boot up of minecraft and only occurs when Forge is installed with Optifine.  I have all drivers up to date and my java se and sdk is up to date.  I pretty much give up because I have been waiting since release to get my server set up.  I am in the midst of making an adventure map that is completely computer and rednet driven and I need to switch over to 1.5.1 to take advantage of some of the features.  I guess I will just have to settle with my f11 solution for now.  If there are memory issues I will find them the moment I log into my adventure map LOL

sondrex
    sondrex

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • Minecraft: sondrex76

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:05 PM

the newest optifine (and older versions) does crash with immibis mods.
crash log:
Spoiler:
it does not crash when i dont have optifine installed.
i am sondrex but you can call me sondrex76 if somebody know a forum admin can you tell me i realy want to talk with them about why i got banned for no reason at all.

bobbybilly123

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:18 PM

View Postsp614x, on 17 April 2013 - 01:10 PM, said:

Thanks, I was trying for hours and getting confused. I'm too stupid to figure these things out myself. =P
Posted Image

sp614x
    sp614x

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2126 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:29 PM

View Postjuanjose920_12, on 17 April 2013 - 01:25 PM, said:

Optifine conflicts with Immibis's mods, When I install Core and microblocks it crashes with this error. (Happens in optifine C4)
java.lang.NullPointerException
at mods.immibis.core.api.util.TextureStitchedNonSquare.loadTexture(TextureStitchedNonSquare.java:30)
at net.minecraft.client.renderer.texture.TextureManager.createNewTexture(TextureManager.java:82)
at net.minecraft.client.renderer.texture.TextureMap.func_94247_b(TextureMap.java:128)
There was a little bug.
Is this version working better: http://www.2shared.c...151_U_C5_A.html

KingXKoK

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:46 PM

soz is antistropic filtering supposed to super blurr images? (i'm using the faithful tp)
Posted Image

1Megaprime96

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:47 PM

Awesome update!

Posted Image

Andejx
    Andejx

Carpenter

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:06 PM

View Postsp614x, on 17 April 2013 - 02:29 PM, said:

There was a little bug.
Is this version working better: http://www.2shared.c...151_U_C5_A.html

doesn't look like its any better. immibis core / microblock and infinitube

Spoiler:

LuxiKeks
    LuxiKeks

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:31 PM

View Postjuanjose920_12, on 17 April 2013 - 01:25 PM, said:

Spoiler:
(Doesn't happen without optifine)
I'm using these mods with Optifine C4 as well and everything works fine. Strange.

Azzarr
    Azzarr

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:52 PM

View PostAzzarr, on 17 April 2013 - 01:17 PM, said:

If so that bug just loves eating up memory....2 gigs onboard graphics card and 8 gigs ram.  Guess if I expand my memory I might be able to play minecraft LOL.

Promise I wont bug you for bit sp but I thought I would let you know that changing most settings in the quality settings menu corrects the textures until the game is once again loaded in fullscreen.  Almost like any option that refreshes in the quality menu corrects it.  Also that crash that i sent you a crash report for only occurs when I shut off custom skies and turn it back on again (basically if I toggle it quickly).  In the debug profile im seeing some weird render jumps whenever I select an option from this menu which would make sense considering most of those options change this but the jumps are far from smooth.

Nosferato

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:39 PM

I am using C4 and still have the problem with textures of inventory items and animations not working until i reactivate my Texturepack once whenever i restart my Minecraft. (Texturepack is Ovo's)

greetz

hunterk11
  • Minecraft: hunterk11

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:41 PM

With optifine c4 i am getting a failed to start game error:
Spoiler:

View PostNosferato, on 17 April 2013 - 04:39 PM, said:

I am using C4 and still have the problem with textures of inventory items and animations not working until i reactivate my Texturepack once whenever i restart my Minecraft. (Texturepack is Ovo's)

greetz
make sure that your texture pack is in a .zip folder, i had this problem while using an unpacked texture pack, putting it in a .zip fixed this issue for me.
Posted Image

xBlackCrack

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:47 PM

C4 gives me (with forge 656) a crash when I switch to a texturepack
here's the error log

Spoiler: