• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.7.4] OptiFine HD D1 (FPS Boost, HD Textures, AA, AF and much more)

• Please log in to reply
40634 replies to this topic

Craftiyan
  • Minecraft: bdejean

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:24 AM

View Postklb30220, on 27 November 2012 - 10:38 PM, said:

My mods are /rei minimap/too many items/ and i am trying to install mo creatures, optifine, and technic launcher if i get a new paid account. So can i be told where to find mod links on this site.

Use google.
Let’s play good guys against bad guys… Yes. Let’s play that. Are you ready? You’re the bad guy. And when you’re bad, you just run. That’s fine right? Well… Shall we play?

Register or log in to remove.

Peach774

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:29 AM

im having a problem with forge 395 and a dummycontainer error. Heres the error on pastebin. http://pastebin.com/0J8H3zx2

Gavenom
    Gavenom

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 430 posts
  • Location: Milliways, The Restaurant At The End Of The Universe
  • Minecraft: InfiDim42

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:57 AM

I love this mod, will there be support for animated paintings in the future? Mcpatcher does this but I would like to see it in Optifine.

DJNinjaCrash
  • Minecraft: DJNinjaCrash

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:43 AM

View PostTLUL, on 27 November 2012 - 10:13 PM, said:

Might I suggest that you'll need some way to prove to the Optifine author that you do own that account?

View PostTLUL, on 27 November 2012 - 10:13 PM, said:

Might I suggest that you'll need some way to prove to the Optifine author that you do own that account?

Not sure how i can prove it,

I guess I did comment on this account before when I donated,
And in paypal the reason was: EpicBurgerDude

Posted Image

sp614x
    sp614x

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2126 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:24 AM

View PostDjNinjaCrash, on 27 November 2012 - 09:18 PM, said:

ugh, Hi. I was just wondering.....
I recently registered my new Minecraft Account, Is it possible to get my optifine cape transferred onto my new account?
Old IGN: EpicBurgerDude
New IGN: DJNinjaCrash
From which email was the donation?

DJNinjaCrash
  • Minecraft: DJNinjaCrash

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:18 PM

View Postsp614x, on 28 November 2012 - 11:24 AM, said:

From which email was the donation?

---Conversation Over: Emails are now private---

It depends what date i paid on, As i remember it was only around a month ago, Or less.

** NOTE: This message will be automatically removed after the conversation is over, Because of the emails. We don't want people mucking about with our emails now do we Posted Image **

Posted Image

Bartender
  • Minecraft: Harr harr!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:38 PM

I need Optifine to run with my Feed the Beast modpack, but unfortunetly FTB is only for 1.4.2 and I cannot download Optifine for 1.4.2, it's not under older versions either so I don't know what to do.

Edit:

Nevermind, found it. Great mod indeed.

Playing Minecraft since early Alpha, before sneaking was added.

Lord of the Craft

sp614x
    sp614x

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2126 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:33 PM

View PostDjNinjaCrash, on 28 November 2012 - 05:18 PM, said:

It depends what date i paid on, As i remember it was only around a month ago, Or less.
** NOTE: This message will be automatically removed after the conversation is over, Because of the emails. We don't want people mucking about with our emails now do we Posted Image **
Cape moved to DJNinjaCrash.

markog1999

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:03 PM

:D thanks for the tip about reducing the memory you boot with, i was trying to increase the memory to run minecraft faster.Posted Image

UserUnrelated

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:56 PM

I'm sure this post is just going to get burried but...

I've always ran optifine, I don't remember a time when I didn't run optifine
my mincraft experience has always been laggy at best, with frame rates hovering around 15-20fps WITH optifine, and all the settings turned to the absolute "simplest" appearance (all animations off, everything on fast etc.)
I never really thought much of it, since that's always been the way it's been.

Just yesterday, I totally and definitively rage quit using mods for the last time, I'm tired of them messing with my worlds lol

so I started a fresh, mod free vanilla world.
No forge, no modloader, no optifine, no nothing.

well... WHAT WHAT WHAT? It's so smooth! It's so fluent!
while running vanilla minecraft, I can run fancy graphics, all animations on, and render distance normal
and it runs at 60+ fps.
So what gives?
I'm not playing with mods again, so I don't plan on installing optifine again, but it might be something to look into.
I play on my macbook pro, 2.3GHz dual core/stock graphics

Neon_ColorsFTW22
  • Minecraft: NeonColorsAero

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:45 AM

View PostUserUnrelated, on 28 November 2012 - 11:56 PM, said:

I'm sure this post is just going to get burried but...

I've always ran optifine, I don't remember a time when I didn't run optifine
my mincraft experience has always been laggy at best, with frame rates hovering around 15-20fps WITH optifine, and all the settings turned to the absolute "simplest" appearance (all animations off, everything on fast etc.)
I never really thought much of it, since that's always been the way it's been.

Just yesterday, I totally and definitively rage quit using mods for the last time, I'm tired of them messing with my worlds lol

so I started a fresh, mod free vanilla world.
No forge, no modloader, no optifine, no nothing.

well... WHAT WHAT WHAT? It's so smooth! It's so fluent!
while running vanilla minecraft, I can run fancy graphics, all animations on, and render distance normal
and it runs at 60+ fps.
So what gives?
I'm not playing with mods again, so I don't plan on installing optifine again, but it might be something to look into.
I play on my macbook pro, 2.3GHz dual core/stock graphics
That's nice to know...

Well the main reason for optiifne was to decrease lag and nothing else but that. (And maybe some HD Custom textures support) usually just to fix those crazy Lag Spikes people get sometimes when playing on slow end computers. So probably Optifine was doing some sort of stabilizing the FPS on your computer so it would decrease CPU load? Don't know really.

Posted Image

ThreeEye
    ThreeEye

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1841 posts
  • Minecraft: iiiHuman

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:06 AM

View PostUserUnrelated, on 28 November 2012 - 11:56 PM, said:

So what gives?
stock graphics

A couple of things on this.

First off, how much memory is in your machine?  The more mods you add (or higher resolution texture pack you use), the more things can be affected based on how much "free" memory you have available.

The second issue is the stock graphics.  More specifically, the software drivers for those stock graphics.  But, also the hardware and settings you have configured.

On the hardware side, "stock" or "onboard/integrated" graphics also usually take a specified portion of the system memory to use for the graphics.  This is often a very little amount but it also means that there is that much less memory available for the rest of the system to use.  Start throwing in background programs you may have running and it can get really tight.  Plus, integrated graphic chipsets (at least on older systems) tend to not be all that powerful and also usually rely on additional processing from the main CPU to supplement graphics processing.

On the software side, drivers for "stock" or "onboard/integrated" graphics tend not to be all that great.  Plus, they usually don't allow many configuration options or feature support.  Depending on what settings you have configured for your graphics (if you can even configure any), those settings may either hinder or enhance performance when it comes to in-game settings.  Since OptiFine modifies graphic functions (some optional), there could be a conflict between settings or your system may not be able to support some of the advanced functionality added from it.  This is not limited to the graphics chipset either.  For instance, your system could possibly perform better with OptiFine's "Chunk Loading" setting configured to NOT use multi-core even though you have a dual-core system.  Of course, other settings such as those for Antialiasing and Anisotropic Filtering will also give you a performance hit when using them even if your graphics drivers do fully support these options (which, "stock" graphics usually do NOT).  OptiFine can also be used to disable certain in-game features (normally not configurable in the "vanilla" game) in order to increase performance.  For instance, you can disable clouds altogether which should increase performance since clouds would no longer have to be rendered.

Those are just a few examples of the many factors that can influence your performance when OptiFine is installed.

:)

Nyutan
    Nyutan

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • Minecraft: Nyutan

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:18 AM

Is there a way to configure autosave interval for Open to Lan?

Sup.

8nationarmy

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:58 AM

Hey man optifine is probably the most useful mod in all of minecraft!
But as a texture artist, can u spit-ball me a date when the custom skies will be an option (People get really   ed when i advertise compatibility for something they cant use)
Thanks, and keep up the good work!
Posted Image

leesoonshin

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:39 AM

Bugs.
1.4.5 Minceraft
1.4.5 MinecraftForge-universal-1.4.5-6.4.0.397
1.4.5 OptiFine HD D3 Ultra

When i was Singleplayer -> Create NewWorld ,

World was not appropriately loaded and player was floated in the air

The solution is to restart client...

Please modify it

Cooldoo9999

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:18 AM

how to get an optifine cape?

Posted Image

Posted Image

MattThePadawan

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:22 AM

View PostCooldoo9999, on 29 November 2012 - 05:18 AM, said:

how to get an optifine cape?
Donate.

View Postleesoonshin, on 29 November 2012 - 04:39 AM, said:

Bugs.
1.4.5 Minceraft
1.4.5 MinecraftForge-universal-1.4.5-6.4.0.397
1.4.5 OptiFine HD D3 Ultra

When i was Singleplayer -> Create NewWorld ,

World was not appropriately loaded and player was floated in the air

The solution is to restart client...

Please modify it
You don't have to. Wait 30 seconds to a minute and it loads.

Posted Image

With the Better Than Wolves mod!

HI17
    HI17

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:09 PM

is the the latest version of forge (407) compatible with the latest version of optifine?

cestislife
    cestislife

Resident Fuzzball

• Sectional Moderator
  • 6583 posts
  • Minecraft: LORDVENOM0001

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:31 PM

View PostHI17, on 29 November 2012 - 12:09 PM, said:

is the the latest version of forge (407) compatible with the latest version of optifine?

Latest Forge is .408

and I think you mean, is Optifine compatible with forge, then yes it is.
Though I'm getting slight texture bugs using Optifine.

Posted Image

nobodys97
  • Minecraft: _nobody1997_

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:40 PM

When will we be able to choose how our cape looks like ?
You mentioned it once that this will be available soon ...
I'm really lookin forward to this :)
Posted Image