• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.7.4] OptiFine HD D1 (FPS Boost, HD Textures, AA, AF and much more)

• Please log in to reply
40623 replies to this topic

tapo206
    tapo206

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:20 AM

so for some reason, whenever i move around or place/delete a block, certain blocks will just go invisible. All info is helpful.

Register or log in to remove.

FrickFlock12
  • Minecraft: FrickFlock

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:26 AM

Please update standard!!!

CavemanAZ

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:18 AM

On behalf of thousands of Minecrafters everywhere who have enjoyed this mod for the last year or so, I would like to take the time to say;

Thank You sp614x, for not only developing this wonderful mod, but for putting up with the constant stream of complaints/criticisms from those that don't give their time to actually read/understand the work that goes into it.  

-CavemanAZ

82% of MC users said:

I have 11tybillion mods installed, but I want you to fix my compatability problem...

Lil Avii
  • Minecraft: Avidavi

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:00 AM

'Sup, I've notified Forge devs about this, so I'll do my due diligence to post here as well. I believe 1.4.4 Optifine is overwriting a new method added to the EntityLiving class (md.class) in Forge 1.4.4, which may be causing the crash some folks are reporting lately. Specifically, anyone crashing while trying to ride pigs, which calls this particular new method.

The crash.

The relevant class. The method is shouldRiderFaceForward(EntityPlayer player) at the end of the class.

Anyhoo, hope that is helpful in resolving any of these crashes!

Posted Image

Avidavi's Simply Horses Mod - A Work in Progress

Alexei03a
  • Minecraft: Solovei95

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:56 AM

How to recompile Minecraft with Optifine?
Pacman!

sp614x
    sp614x

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2126 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:37 AM

View PostLil Avii, on 16 November 2012 - 07:00 AM, said:

'Sup, I've notified Forge devs about this, so I'll do my due diligence to post here as well. I believe 1.4.4 Optifine is overwriting a new method added to the EntityLiving class (md.class) in Forge 1.4.4, which may be causing the crash some folks are reporting lately. Specifically, anyone crashing while trying to ride pigs, which calls this particular new method.
The crash.
The relevant class. The method is shouldRiderFaceForward(EntityPlayer player) at the end of the class.
Anyhoo, hope that is helpful in resolving any of these crashes!
Fixed, thanks for the info.

tritan20
    tritan20

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:04 AM

awesome!

Goreae
    Goreae

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1047 posts
  • Minecraft: goreae

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:24 AM

just a heads up, I was downloading optifine for 1.2.5 because I wanted to play FTB insanity, but on optifine.net, the 1.2.5 downloads are the 1.3.1 downloads.

Come check out the No Topic Forum!

~LINK~

Feel free to PM me if you are having trouble with mods and I will help in any way that I can!

XxEnderCraftxX

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:48 AM

i think this should be fixed because i cant ride pigs with saddles it crashes i have several other mods though, treecapitator, enchantview, thebombzenapi, fml, forge note selection gui, forge painting selection gui, stalker creepers, clay soldiers, matmos, useful foods, worldstate checkpoints and update checker mod. Ive tested it without the other mods and it still crashed I dont know if I did it right :P

sp614x
    sp614x

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2126 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:48 PM

View PostXxEnderCraftxX, on 16 November 2012 - 11:48 AM, said:

i think this should be fixed because i cant ride pigs with saddles it crashes i have several other mods though, treecapitator, enchantview, thebombzenapi, fml, forge note selection gui, forge painting selection gui, stalker creepers, clay soldiers, matmos, useful foods, worldstate checkpoints and update checker mod. Ive tested it without the other mods and it still crashed I dont know if I did it right Posted Image
Fixed in next version.

View PostMoonFairy, on 16 November 2012 - 04:47 AM, said:

Same here (text outside of chat box). If anyone knows how to fix this please share.
Fixed in next version.
This was a bug in MCP itself, not in OptiFine. Notified Searge to fix it in MCP.

Kuehli
    Kuehli

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:56 PM

View Postbabbajagga, on 15 November 2012 - 05:52 PM, said:

anyone having problems with FPS decreasing after using optifine... try different operating system, or system reinstalation...
I had unplayable FPS (0-3fps) with optifine, as well as other "mods" like the MC Patcher, etc...
booting into win XP from win7 changed the fps to normal values = something is wrong in your current system probably, so if you try changing the OS and mc with OF will run fine = reinstal your current system (reinstal, not change it = if you run w7 reinstal w7... you dont need to reinstal to winXP, or w/e)

if it helps, let me know Posted Image

OK, I'll try it. I really hope it works after I reinstalled Windows 7... My first thought was that I have the problem because an incompatibility with my graphics card which I just bought last wednesday.

Jakedyyd
    Jakedyyd

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 177 posts
  • Minecraft: Jakedyyd

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:16 PM

Hey! How can i put "FOG=OFF" feature to 1.7.3? I´d really like playing that version, but fog lags like hell. How can i toggle it off? Can i just use Optifine 1.4.4 file, wich does it? Does it work?
Contact me if you have an guestion.

Echo4Sierra

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:21 PM

I'm only getting around 30 FPS. I've tried all different combinations of settings, including default. Here's my PC spec's:
CPU = i7 3.50GHz
RAM = 16GB
Storage = 256GB SSD
GPU = EVGA GeForce GTX670 4GB

What can I do to fix this?
How do I "prefer Java" in the control panel?
"2. Set the Java process to higher priority" How?
"4. Update LWJGL from here." What is this?
"5. Lauch Minecraft with less memory" How?

sp614x
    sp614x

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2126 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:22 PM

View Postd3fin3d, on 15 November 2012 - 09:40 PM, said:

It seems that Optifine might be messing up the rendering of the enchantment table font, causing it to no longer wrap around but to extend beyond the enchantment table interface.
Version: OptiFine HD D1 Ultra for Minecraft 1.4.4
Screenshot:
Fixed in next version.

mcg
    mcg

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:29 PM

Sp, I just gotta say, thanks for this wonderful piece of magic.  I likely would have quit minecraft over a year ago had i not had this to my disposal :)

juanjose920_12
  • Minecraft: juanjose920

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:31 PM

View PostEcho4Sierra, on 16 November 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

I'm only getting around 30 FPS. I've tried all different combinations of settings, including default. Here's my PC spec's:
CPU = i7 3.50GHz
RAM = 16GB
Storage = 256GB SSD
GPU = EVGA GeForce GTX670 4GB

Lol, if you have that pc ITS NOT a perfomance issue, disable VSYNC in minecraft and the control panel in nVidia. OR put it to adaptative
My password:
Spoiler:

Kel007
    Kel007

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:33 PM

View PostEcho4Sierra, on 16 November 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

-snip-

A quick Google can solve all of these problems. In no more than a few minutes.

2. Open Task Manager -> Right-click on javaw.exe -> Scroll to "Priority" -> Set it higher than default "Normal"
4. It is the source files that Minecraft uses. Google with give you the answers faster than forum members will. The link given links to the LWJGL anyway, so clicking on it would show you what the heck it is.
5. Create a batch file to open the Minecraft.exe file. Alternatively, use launchers such as MagicLauncher.
Posted Image

mario88ce

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:39 PM

I have a problem with optifine after installing it without changing settings if I try to get on the pig minecraft crashes

MrBlockman
  • Minecraft: MrBlockman_

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:43 PM

I'm having problems installing Optifine with magic launcher, it says that there's 7 errors when i add it. Anyone know what's wrong?

Spoiler: View log

If I helped you, help me back! Click the green +

Echo4Sierra

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:56 PM

View Postjuanjose920_12, on 16 November 2012 - 01:31 PM, said:

Lol, if you have that pc ITS NOT a perfomance issue, disable VSYNC in minecraft and the control panel in nVidia. OR put it to adaptative

View PostKel007, on 16 November 2012 - 01:33 PM, said:

A quick Google can solve all of these problems. In no more than a few minutes.

2. Open Task Manager -> Right-click on javaw.exe -> Scroll to "Priority" -> Set it higher than default "Normal"
4. It is the source files that Minecraft uses. Google with give you the answers faster than forum members will. The link given links to the LWJGL anyway, so clicking on it would show you what the heck it is.
5. Create a batch file to open the Minecraft.exe file. Alternatively, use launchers such as MagicLauncher.

Thank you both for helping. I did all of these things and there's no change to my FPS. Its still running around 30FPS. I should be running Minecraft/Optifine like a champ! What is going on?