• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.7.4] OptiFine HD D1 (FPS Boost, HD Textures, AA, AF and much more)

• Please log in to reply
40607 replies to this topic

Watson_777
  • Minecraft: Watson_777

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:45 AM

View PostBobrocket, on 22 July 2012 - 06:56 AM, said:

Using Ubuntu 12.04, I discovered some graphical glitches on optifine (that never happened on normal minecraft)

I get this too :/

Register or log in to remove.

Zaraxxas

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:53 AM

View Postsp614x, on 20 July 2012 - 07:13 PM, said:

View PostZaraxxas, on 20 July 2012 - 03:09 PM, said:

P.S. Are you perhaps looking for a Signature for Magic Launcher?

Cool.
Added to the Magic Launcher thread.

Thx, if you (sp614x and everyone else) like the Sig, you can also put it in your Signature.
Spoiler:
sp614x, perhaps you want to put the code to the bottom of the Magic Launcher thread as well Posted Image. If you want I can also change minutiae, I still have the Gimp files. Btw I would crosslink your Magic Launcher and Optifine threads, cause it seems not everyone using Optifine knows Magic Launcher as well.
And I would be honored if you'd mention my name somewhere around the Sig Posted Image
Posted Image
Zaraxxas alias Zarakas

MattThePadawan

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:38 AM

Yay for a crash..
Spoiler:
I'm running Minecraft with the magic launcher. And installed the following mods with magic launcher is this order:
Minecraft forge 152
Player api 1.5
Aether 1.9 pre release for 1.2.5
fps++ (official update by fishtaco)
Better animations with most of the extras
Lava fix (makes lava disappear like water)
Optifine MT C6
It seems like it crashes when i was entering a seed and pressed the b key. It happened twice at that exact moment. Please help.
Edit: This is directly after a clean installation (completely new .minecraft folder)

Posted Image

With the Better Than Wolves mod!

Natas
    Natas

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:26 AM

View PostBobrocket, on 22 July 2012 - 06:56 AM, said:

Using Ubuntu 12.04, I discovered some graphical glitches on optifine (that never happened on normal minecraft):

-The sign body (where the text is) turns invisible, and occasionally the sign stand turns into random blocks from the tileset. (http://i.imgur.com/MJJki.png)
-Double chests always appear to have their tops off, but not normal chests. (http://i.imgur.com/BJFZd.png)
-The game halves my FPS when there is more than 2 mobs within a close proximity

Edit:
-When in the inventory screen, sometimes I can be seen with missing body parts. (http://i.imgur.com/ZzL3K.png)
-Sometimes, mobs appear with random blocks from the tileset as their skin. (http://i.imgur.com/bgCl3.png)

I'll edit this post with any more bugs I find.
Thanks!

Had that too :-(
All I know for sure is that it has something to do with the multithreading feature. Since I have not yet discovered how to disable the "threaded optimization" feature on linux, I had to switch to the smooth version of optifine. Ever since I haven't had any more problems regarding that issue.

Hope I could help.

paleryder22

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:17 PM

Im getting a really weird problem. All of the versions of optifine are making grass grow underwater. Its really annoying because the bottoms of pools and rivers are getting covered in grass. Any idea whats the matter? Heres a log if that helps.

Spoiler:

Oswarlan
    Oswarlan

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2487 posts
  • Minecraft: oswarlan

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:27 PM

View PostMattThePadawan, on 22 July 2012 - 09:38 AM, said:

Yay for a crash..
Spoiler:
I'm running Minecraft with the magic launcher. And installed the following mods with magic launcher is this order:
Minecraft forge 152
Player api 1.5
Aether 1.9 pre release for 1.2.5
fps++ (official update by fishtaco)
Better animations with most of the extras
Lava fix (makes lava disappear like water)
Optifine MT C6
It seems like it crashes when i was entering a seed and pressed the b key. It happened twice at that exact moment. Please help.
Edit: This is directly after a clean installation (completely new .minecraft folder)

By the looks of it, this crash is between forge and aether, not optifine.

View Postbreezedevil, on 21 July 2012 - 10:25 PM, said:

I have got the same problem. Here's my crash log.
Spoiler:

Your crash however, is mentioning that forge files are missing. So either something over-wrote them or they were not installed correctly.

View PostiiiHuman, on 22 July 2012 - 01:01 AM, said:

Do you have OptiFine installed LAST like you are supposed to?  Or, "listed" last if using Magic Launcher?

In the OptiFine settings, do you have the "Time" set to Day Only?  What about the "Brightness Level" setting?

Posted Image

I actually noticed the same in my game, (yes optifine is last, yes time is set to default, and not night/day only) but i also noticed something else.

When i went to toggle the Time setting, it went --Default -> Day Only -> Default (again) -> Night Only-- which makes me think there may be a bug in that, at least in the graphical options menu, since normally it should go Def - Day - Night (without the extra default).

Laskeri
    Laskeri

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2101 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:30 PM

View Postpaleryder22, on 22 July 2012 - 02:17 PM, said:

Im getting a really weird problem. All of the versions of optifine are making grass grow underwater. Its really annoying because the bottoms of pools and rivers are getting covered in grass. Any idea whats the matter? Heres a log if that helps.

You probably have Clear Water on. That does that for some reason.

Zuffle
    Zuffle

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:30 PM

Is there any way to remove Optifine's ItemRenerderHD.class? I am using Mine Little Pony mod and it is supposed to change the location items are held at but I believe Optifine overrides it even when it is below Mine Little Pony mod in load order.

EPICDUDE73
  • Minecraft: EPICDUDE73

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:46 PM

THIS MOD IS SO AWESOME IM ADDING IT TO MY MOD PACK!!! :D
But, I donated and didnt recieve my cape...

Penni
    Penni

Carpenter

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:21 PM

Hey, just downloaded Optifine and it's working pretty great for some server lag issues I was having. However, when I tried to get into my Hardcore single player game, it crashed instantly. It went to black screen too fast for me to see what the error was. I also have the mods Millienaire, Mo' Creatures, and Redstone Power. Not sure if one of those is messing up with Opti.
Posted Image

Oswarlan
    Oswarlan

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2487 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:59 PM

View PostPenni, on 22 July 2012 - 06:21 PM, said:

Hey, just downloaded Optifine and it's working pretty great for some server lag issues I was having. However, when I tried to get into my Hardcore single player game, it crashed instantly. It went to black screen too fast for me to see what the error was. I also have the mods Millienaire, Mo' Creatures, and Redstone Power. Not sure if one of those is messing up with Opti.

Try using magic launcher, with the show-log option enabled, to get a crash report.

Crafty06
    Crafty06

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:10 PM

I keep getting a game crash when I enter a world. My mods are FML (forge modloader), More creeps and weirdos, Timber, Matmos, Minecraft comes alive, minimap and single player commands. Here is an error report:

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT f7c97ccb --------
Generated 7/22/12 2:08 PM

Minecraft: Minecraft 1.2.5
Java: 1.6.0_33, Apple Inc.
VM: Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Apple Inc.
LWJGL: 2.4.2
OpenGL: ATI Radeon HD 4670 OpenGL Engine version 2.1 ATI-1.6.36, ATI Technologies Inc.

cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: bin/minecraft/mod_MinecraftForge (wrong name: mod_MinecraftForge)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.load(Loader.java:436)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:592)
    at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.onPreLoad(FMLClientHandler.java:193)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:383)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:735)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)
Caused by: cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: bin/minecraft/mod_MinecraftForge (wrong name: mod_MinecraftForge)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadModClass(Loader.java:527)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.attemptDirLoad(Loader.java:474)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.attemptDirLoad(Loader.java:463)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.attemptDirLoad(Loader.java:463)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.load(Loader.java:385)
    ... 5 more
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: bin/minecraft/mod_MinecraftForge (wrong name: mod_MinecraftForge)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:631)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:615)
    at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:141)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:283)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:58)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:197)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
    at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:295)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)
    at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:247)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadModClass(Loader.java:494)
    ... 9 more
--- END ERROR REPORT f9f72cfb ----------

Oswarlan
    Oswarlan

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2487 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:17 PM

View PostCrafty06, on 22 July 2012 - 07:10 PM, said:

I keep getting a game crash when I enter a world. My mods are FML (forge modloader), More creeps and weirdos, Timber, Matmos, Minecraft comes alive, minimap and single player commands. Here is an error report:

1. Please use spoilers so that the error report doesn't take up a whole page.
2. It looks to be a broken forge install, missing classes and mal-named forge mods.

mahicool

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:27 PM

View PostEPICDUDE73, on 22 July 2012 - 05:46 PM, said:

THIS MOD IS SO AWESOME IM ADDING IT TO MY MOD PACK!!! Posted Image
Have you got sp614x's permission?
Posted Image

FrolicField

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:01 PM

Neither the Smooth nor the Standard versions are working for me. I did the installation manually exactly how the instructions suggested. Both give me the same result; a black screen after I log in.

Was I supposed to extract the zip file before I copied the .class files or open the archive & copy those? I did it through the archive.

Oswarlan
    Oswarlan

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2487 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:17 PM

View PostFrolicField, on 22 July 2012 - 08:01 PM, said:

Neither the Smooth nor the Standard versions are working for me. I did the installation manually exactly how the instructions suggested. Both give me the same result; a black screen after I log in.

Was I supposed to extract the zip file before I copied the .class files or open the archive & copy those? I did it through the archive.

To put it simply, you take all of the files contained in the optifine download zip and place them inside the minecraft.jar.
If you still blackscreen, you would have to get a crash report to be able to find the cause.

Chaolin112
  • Minecraft: Chaolin112

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:35 PM

HD_c6 broke my minecraft with some sort of zombie.entity error or something, i'm not exactly sure what it is, but a clean minecraft doesn't help. I cant copy the log because it crashes, then shows for about 3 seconds and then freezes, so... i'll see what i can do, but for now i'll just revert to HD_C3

Nz360ELITE

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:01 PM

This mod was EPIC!!! I use it all the time and it tripled my FPS!!! Posted Image
When life gives you lemons, throw them at people

mahicool

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:04 PM

View PostFrolicField, on 22 July 2012 - 08:01 PM, said:

It's easier to use the MagicLauncher

View PostChaolin112, on 22 July 2012 - 08:35 PM, said:

HD_c6 broke my minecraft with some sort of zombie.entity error or something, i'm not exactly sure what it is, but a clean minecraft doesn't help. I cant copy the log because it crashes, then shows for about 3 seconds and then freezes, so... i'll see what i can do, but for now i'll just revert to HD_C3
I think the MagicLauncher provides a Log. Could you show us?
Posted Image

cody62
    cody62

Carpenter

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:12 PM

I hate this mod. Whenever you play a multiplayer server, you will crash! FIX IT NOW OR IM GETTING RID OF IT