• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.7.4] OptiFine HD D1 (FPS Boost, HD Textures, AA, AF and much more)

• Please log in to reply
40659 replies to this topic

suvasco
    suvasco

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • Minecraft: suvasco

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:29 PM

Great mod and all, but I really hate how it goes all xray on me and I can see all the caves Posted Image
Posted Image
I hate Pikachu....

Register or log in to remove.

sp614x
    sp614x

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2126 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:04 PM

View PostKal Choedan, on 18 April 2012 - 01:25 PM, said:

I'm still seeing console spam of
Spoiler:
Tested all 3 builds with Forge 84 and 88, all combinations do it.
Thanks for the info.
The bug is fixed.

View PostWiesl, on 18 April 2012 - 12:20 PM, said:

Hello Guys!
Only one question:
Are the "connected textures" supported by optifine now properly?
Because with the lastest HD Patcher, you can experience such nice textures:
(copyright MISA´s for example):
I would like to see this on optifine, because i also love the MagicLauncher, but it is hard to know what is posiible with MCPatcher^^ and to miss it ;-)
Nevermind you do a GREAT work here
Yours sincerly
Wiesl
ConnectedTextures for any block will most probably be added when some texture packs start using them.

ThreeEye
    ThreeEye

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1841 posts
  • Minecraft: iiiHuman

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:08 PM

View PostManithro, on 18 April 2012 - 02:11 PM, said:

I don't know if this bug has come to your attention, but optifine is slightly messing up every texture pack. I've gone into the textuerpacks and noticed that they have custom sandstone and glass, but in game, their item picture in the inventory is fine, but when placed, they look like the default. I am using Optifine MT, and it does this, I have not tested the others for this problem. When I replace the optifine jar with the original, the texture packs work.

Do the texture packs that you are trying to use support connected textures (do they include a ctm.png file)?

If not, disable the connected textures setting for the OptiFine settings in Minecraft.  If they do, make sure that setting is enabled instead.

Posted Image

View Postlazyboy007, on 18 April 2012 - 03:01 PM, said:

I want to ask something, When I use Optifine and Rei's minimap together, none of them work, but minecraft doesn't crash, any help please?

I use OptiFine and Rei's Minimap together just fine.  If you want help, you need to post additional information.

I can tell you though, as I'm always stating, MOD ORDER MATTERS.

I forget if Rei's needs ModLoader, but ModLoader needs to go first.  Then Rei's, and then OptiFine.

Also, if not using Magic Launcher, make sure you delete the META-INF folder from within the minecraft.jar file.

Posted Image

View Postsuvasco, on 18 April 2012 - 03:29 PM, said:

Great mod and all, but I really hate how it goes all xray on me and I can see all the caves Posted Image

Read ... The ... OP

DISABLE ... THREADED ... OPTIMIZATION

(Look for that in the OP)

Posted Image

TNTQc
    TNTQc

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:22 PM

View PostiiiHuman, on 18 April 2012 - 06:45 AM, said:

The "Threaded Optimization" setting is what's causing the problem.
Did you reboot your system after changing the setting in your NVIDIA control panel?  In some cases, you have to cause the driver to be reloaded for the new setting(s) to take affect.  Rebooting your system will do that.
Maybe yesterday I didn't reboot, but I sure did today. I also installed the new OptiFine HD A3 Multi-Core. These are my video game settings adjusted in Nvidia Control Panel:
Spoiler:
Is something wrong with those settings? The OptiFine Smooth version works very nicely! Would I get more fps with the Multi-Core one? Should I keep working with the Smooth version or something else has to be adjust? Thanks for your help!

FPAleph
    FPAleph

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:29 PM

I'm here to report two problems. The first problem is that, when installing Optifine (HD_A3, HD_S_A3) to a fresh minecraft installation, my view distance starts at 0. Everything is just white cutouts, no textures are visible.

My second problem is that, like others before me, I'm having the "ahw.run" exception spam slowing down my game. This error only occurs with both Optifine (HD_A2, HD_S_A2, HD_A3, or HD_S_A3) and Thaumcraft 2.1.2 installed. I did not test this against the MT or AA versions of Optifine. Optifine's settings don't seem to matter when it comes to this error. I get more of this spam when I move through the world, and less when I stand still. I've tested against several other forge mods (Buildcraft, Ender Storage, Forestry, Logistics Pipes, Iron Chests), and only Thaumcraft has generated this error for me. This error is not generated without Optifine installed.

EDIT: Well, ain't that the damnedest thing. I've just found that, if I start Minecraft, enter my world, exit to the title screen, and re-enter my world, the exception spam stops. At least there's a workaround, even if the problem is still there.

ModLoader.txt (personal information removed)
Spoiler:

Console - System Information
Spoiler:

Console - Exception Spam Excerpt
Spoiler:

ThreeEye
    ThreeEye

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1841 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:37 PM

View PostTNTQc, on 18 April 2012 - 04:22 PM, said:

Maybe yesterday I didn't reboot, but I sure did today. I also installed the new OptiFine HD A3 Multi-Core. These are my video game settings adjusted in Nvidia Control Panel:
Spoiler:
Is something wrong with those settings? The OptiFine Smooth version works very nicely! Would I get more fps with the Multi-Core one? Should I keep working with the Smooth version or something else has to be adjust? Thanks for your help!

Well, I see your problem.

You're configuring your NVIDIA Control Panel settings specifically for the "minecraft.exe" file.  The thing is, that files is really just a launcher for the actual minecraft.jar file.  And, once that is running, you just see it as javaw.exe in the running processes.

Basically, those settings are doing absolutely NOTHING for you when running Minecraft.

Instead, go to the "Global Settings" tab and disable the Threaded Optimization setting there.  You'll thank me for this.  Again, it will improve performance and stabilization for all your games and not just Minecraft.  Links to external discussions on this have previously been posted somewhere in this thread.  And, also again, this does NOT remove multi-core functionality from your graphics driver or system in general.  And, if you still don't believe me, just humor me and do it anyhow and then you can see for yourself.

You won't need to force VSync off.  And, you can leave the Antialiasing and Ansiotropic Filtering settings to application controlled if you wish (recommended).

Again, you may also need to reboot after changing it in the global settings instead.  But, you can try it once first without rebooting.

Once everything is working for you, you could also then try raising the number for the maximum pre-rendered frames setting and experiment your overall performance in general with your system and games.

Posted Image

ThreeEye
    ThreeEye

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1841 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:44 PM

View PostFPAleph, on 18 April 2012 - 04:29 PM, said:

I'm here to report two problems. The first problem is that, when installing Optifine (HD_A3, HD_S_A3) to a fresh minecraft installation, my view distance starts at 0. Everything is just white cutouts, no textures are visible.

This should fix that problem:
  • Temporarily revert back to the default texture pack if not currently being used.
  • Start with a clean (unmodified) minecraft.jar file.  Delete the current one and re-run Minecraft so it downloads a new one.
  • Delete the META-INF folder from within that fresh and unmodified minecraft.jar file if not using Magic Launcher.  If using Magic Launcher, skip this step.  (Either way, do NOT patch with MCPatcher.)
  • Install ModLoader if needed.
  • Install ModLoaderMP if needed.
  • Install Forge if needed.
  • Install other mods as desired.
  • Install OptiFine.

:)

My second problem is that, like others before me, I'm having the "ahw.run" exception spam slowing down my game. This error only occurs with both Optifine (HD_A2, HD_S_A2, HD_A3, or HD_S_A3) and Thaumcraft 2.1.2 installed.

Previously discussed.  Try searching this thread for Thaumcraft.

:)

Kal Choedan
  • Minecraft: KalChoedan

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:51 PM

View PostiiiHuman, on 18 April 2012 - 04:44 PM, said:

Previously discussed.  Try searching this thread for Thaumcraft.

Posted Image

If by "discussed" you mean "mentioned briefly", then yes. FPAleph has posted his detailed error report both here and in the Thaumcraft thread.  There hasn't been any suggestion of a solution in either location yet, however.
Posted Image

TNTQc
    TNTQc

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:09 PM

View PostiiiHuman, on 18 April 2012 - 04:37 PM, said:

Well, I see your problem......

Ok, I understand. Minecraft.exe is just a launcher (idiot me!!), java runs the game! I'm just a newbie at configuring settings; I don't clearly understand all instructions. Thanks again! Posted Image
At first, I didn't want to change other programs config, but I will follow your appreciated recommendations.
Your instructions are clear enough! I did the change and reboot!
Back in the game and yes, no more flickering transparent blocks!!!
Posting detailed isuue to experimented person like you helps a lot! I really want to thank you to take your time helping me out!
Maybe a last question: Is there a way to improve the speed of the rendering; I put the render distance to far (256m), but it's a bit long before objects appear. Graphics are at fast, but in details, they are at fancy.
I really need to open my third eye like you! Posted Image

ThreeEye
    ThreeEye

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1841 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:17 PM

View PostKal Choedan, on 18 April 2012 - 04:51 PM, said:

If by "discussed" you mean "mentioned briefly", then yes. FPAleph has posted his detailed error report both here and in the Thaumcraft thread.  There hasn't been any suggestion of a solution in either location yet, however.

Sooooo, that means you tried using the Block ID resolver mod and it didn't fix your problem?

Posted Image

FPAleph
    FPAleph

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:18 PM

View PostiiiHuman, on 18 April 2012 - 04:44 PM, said:

This should fix that problem:
  • Temporarily revert back to the default texture pack if not currently being used.
  • Start with a clean (unmodified) minecraft.jar file.  Delete the current one and re-run Minecraft so it downloads a new one.
  • Delete the META-INF folder from within that fresh and unmodified minecraft.jar file if not using Magic Launcher.  If using Magic Launcher, skip this step.  (Either way, do NOT patch with MCPatcher.)
  • Install ModLoader if needed.
  • Install ModLoaderMP if needed.
  • Install Forge if needed.
  • Install other mods as desired.
  • Install OptiFine.

Again, this error  occurs for me with a completely fresh Minecraft installation.

1. I haven't even clicked the texture pack button
2. The bug manifests with a freshly downloaded bin directory.
3. META-INF has, of course, been deleted (I'd not be able to get in game if it hadn't).
4-7. This bug manifests with no other mods installed, all I've got installed is Optifine.
8. Optifine was installed to the minecraft.jar file.

Expected behavior: I start a new world, and can see the landscape and mobs.
Observed behavior: I start a new world, and all I can see is a white fog. Terrain edges are discernible, as they are more opaque than the sky. Mobs appear below me as white silhouettes. I go to Video Settings, and see that render distance is set to "Render Distance: Tiny +-32" (that's not a typo, it actually reads "Tiny +-32").

I assume that "Tiny" render distance is 32 blocks, so my current render distance is "Tiny" (32) + (-32), or 0 blocks. Of course, this is easily fixed by just changing the render distance. Closing and reopening minecraft also fixes my render distance (it gets set to "Tiny").

View PostiiiHuman, on 18 April 2012 - 05:17 PM, said:

Sooooo, that means you tried using the Block ID resolver mod and it didn't fix your problem?

I'll happily test against a Block ID Resolver mod. I'm not able to find a version for 1.2.5, so if someone can point me towards that I'll do the test and post my results. I'll be very surprised if adding a (seemingly) unrelated mod suppresses the errors.

ThreeEye
    ThreeEye

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1841 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:30 PM

View PostTNTQc, on 18 April 2012 - 05:09 PM, said:

Maybe a last question: Is there a way to improve the speed of the rendering; I put the render distance to far (256m), but it's a bit long before objects appear. Graphics are at fast, but in details, they are at fancy.
I really need to open my third eye like you! Posted Image

Try under OptiFine's "Performance" settings.  Mess around with the different "Chunk Loading" options.  Specifically, the number of chunk updates, load far (on/off), preloaded chunks (on/off), and dynamic updates (on/off).  See what works best for you and see if any of that might give you what you are looking for.  Although, in general, the farther the view the lower the performance.

Posted Image

Manithro
    Manithro

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 622 posts
  • Minecraft: jadenicle

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:38 PM

View PostiiiHuman, on 18 April 2012 - 04:08 PM, said:

Do the texture packs that you are trying to use support connected textures (do they include a ctm.png file)?

If not, disable the connected textures setting for the OptiFine settings in Minecraft.  If they do, make sure that setting is enabled instead.

Thanks, they did not have that file. This fixes my problem! :D
2007 MacBook - OS X Lion | Processor - 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | Memory - 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Graphics - Intel GMA X3100 144 MB | Harddrive - 500 GB SATA Disk | Display - 13.3-inch (1280 x 800)

ThreeEye
    ThreeEye

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1841 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:40 PM

View PostFPAleph, on 18 April 2012 - 05:18 PM, said:

Again, this error  occurs for me with a completely fresh Minecraft installation.

1. I haven't even clicked the texture pack button
2. The bug manifests with a freshly downloaded bin directory.
3. META-INF has, of course, been deleted (I'd not be able to get in game if it hadn't).
4-7. This bug manifests with no other mods installed, all I've got installed is Optifine.
8. Optifine was installed to the minecraft.jar file.

Expected behavior: I start a new world, and can see the landscape and mobs.
Observed behavior: I start a new world, and all I can see is a white fog. Terrain edges are discernible, as they are more opaque than the sky. Mobs appear below me as white silhouettes. I go to Video Settings, and see that render distance is set to "Render Distance: Tiny +-32" (that's not a typo, it actually reads "Tiny +-32").

I assume that "Tiny" render distance is 32 blocks, so my current render distance is "Tiny" (32) + (-32), or 0 blocks. Of course, this is easily fixed by just changing the render distance. Closing and reopening minecraft also fixes my render distance (it gets set to "Tiny").

I'll happily test against a Block ID Resolver mod. I'm not able to find a version for 1.2.5, so if someone can point me towards that I'll do the test and post my results. I'll be very surprised if adding a (seemingly) unrelated mod suppresses the errors.

Weird.

Well, a Block ID Resolver mod shouldn't really help in this case since you're using ONLY OptiFine.

I did a quick search through the thread trying to find your system specifications again but couldn't find it.

I don't remember if you're on Linux.  If so, disable the "Open GL" setting in the OptiFine settings in Minecraft.

Also, maybe try allocating more memory to Minecraft.

Again, weird.

Posted Image

Wiesl
    Wiesl

Carpenter

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:43 PM

View Postsp614x, on 18 April 2012 - 04:04 PM, said:

ConnectedTextures for any block will most probably be added when some texture packs start using them.

Is there really only Misa´s Texturepack using connectedTextures?

I think it is one of the most impressing new features from the Minecraft Community and has got such a great potential in building and designing a world.

Hopefully connected Textures will be added soon.

Greetings

Wiesl

P.S.: here another example of the possibilites of connected textures:

View PostMisa, on 17 April 2012 - 09:42 PM, said:

Posted Image

Kal Choedan
  • Minecraft: KalChoedan

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:51 PM

View PostiiiHuman, on 18 April 2012 - 05:17 PM, said:

My problem is the exact one being reported by FPAleph and a handful of others. Note that he is reporting two specific problems and the one we have in common relates to Optifine & Thaumcraft together, although I would add that I have been able to reproduce the problem without Thaumcraft (but with a number of other mods instead.)  Neither problem is related to block ID conflicts and their resolution however, so I can't really fathom why this is being bandied around as a possible solution.

View PostiiiHuman, on 18 April 2012 - 05:40 PM, said:

I did a quick search through the thread trying to find your system specifications again but couldn't find it.

I don't remember if you're on Linux.  If so, disable the "Open GL" setting in the OptiFine settings in Minecraft.

OptiFine_1.2.5_HD_A3
Wed Apr 18 11:10:15 CDT 2012
Java: 1.7.0_03, Oracle Corporation
VM: Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
LWJGL: 2.8.3
OpenGL: GeForce G210M/PCI/SSE2 version 3.0.0, NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL Version: 3.0

I've highlighted the relevant parts of the above, and I'll note mine are identical.

Also, maybe try allocating more memory to Minecraft.

I can't speak for FPAleph, but I have Minecraft configured to use up to 4gb of ram (my system has 8gb.)
Posted Image

epic_wtf

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:01 PM

Weird.

-snip-

View PostFPAleph, on 18 April 2012 - 05:18 PM, said:

-snip-

iiiHuman, you can easily reproduce the error when you delete both options.txt and optionsof.txt. Then at the first start the render distance slider will say "Tiny +-32" and the slider is also displaced.

Picture proof:

Spoiler:

New CTM-map is coming, brace yourself!
Update: Second attempt aborted. But I won't give up so easily...

cobaltwarrior19

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:06 PM

Having problems with all texture packs. Instead of seeing the mob/player skins, like I should, I'm seeing the entire terrain.png from the texture pack. Here is the results of Optifog.log

OptiFine_1.2.5_HD_S_A2
Wed Apr 18 13:01:20 CDT 2012
Java: 1.6.0_23, Sun Microsystems Inc.
VM: OpenJDK Server VM (mixed mode), Sun Microsystems Inc.
LWJGL: 2.4.2
OpenGL: Mesa DRI Intel® 965GM x86/MMX/SSE2 version 2.1 Mesa 7.11, Tungsten Graphics, Inc
OpenGL Version: 2.1
OpenGL Fancy fog: Not available (GL_NV_fog_distance)
TextureFX registered: bv@1e852be, texId: 9, index: 237
TextureFX registered: qa@8bd3bb, texId: 9, index: 205
TextureFX registered: zp@1b1ff47, texId: 9, index: 14
TextureFX registered: tu@be6108, texId: 10, index: 54
TextureFX registered: ht@f04dae, texId: 10, index: 70
TextureFX registered: ael@7c0d41, texId: 9, index: 206
TextureFX registered: gf@4a2dd4, texId: 9, index: 238
TextureFX registered: nh@6f3ea, texId: 9, index: 31
TextureFX registered: nh@77baf4, texId: 9, index: 47
TextureFX removed: bv@1e852be, texId: 9, index: 237
TextureFX registered: TextureHDLavaFX@15cd9a, texId: 9, index: 237
TextureFX removed: qa@8bd3bb, texId: 9, index: 205
TextureFX registered: TextureHDWaterFX@16d46d7, texId: 9, index: 205
TextureFX removed: zp@1b1ff47, texId: 9, index: 14
TextureFX registered: TextureHDPortalFX@145d424, texId: 9, index: 14
TextureFX removed: ael@7c0d41, texId: 9, index: 206
TextureFX registered: TextureHDWaterFlowFX@16a8823, texId: 9, index: 206
TextureFX removed: gf@4a2dd4, texId: 9, index: 238
TextureFX registered: TextureHDLavaFlowFX@10fb9bd, texId: 9, index: 238
TextureFX removed: nh@6f3ea, texId: 9, index: 31
TextureFX registered: TextureHDFlamesFX@16b352c, texId: 9, index: 31
TextureFX removed: nh@77baf4, texId: 9, index: 47
TextureFX registered: TextureHDFlamesFX@16feee5, texId: 9, index: 47
TextureFX removed: tu@be6108, texId: 10, index: 54
TextureFX registered: TextureHDCompassFX@15a4a77, texId: 10, index: 54
TextureFX removed: ht@f04dae, texId: 10, index: 70
TextureFX registered: TextureHDWatchFX@722969, texId: 10, index: 70
Loading custom colors: /misc/grasscolor.png
Loading custom colors: /misc/foliagecolor.png
TextureFX registered: MLTextureRavenAmulet@37dde9, texId: 10, index: 38
TextureFX registered: MLTextureDwarvesAmulet@128453c, texId: 10, index: 102
TextureFX registered: MLTextureYddrasilAmulet@f49e8f, texId: 10, index: 118
Class not present: LightCache

Posted Image
Killed by a pack of wolves.

Alphafox99

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:11 PM

Okay, Is it just me, does Hi Res Texture packs items have no sides anymore? The pixels arnt streching across the side of the items. Works in A1, but not A2 or A3
Posted Image

Frix0n
    Frix0n

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:23 PM

Optifine is a great mod, without it I have only 50-60fps, but with I've got about 130.
Something great.

I use the standard version, but maybe I can get more fps with other...
Which version should I use with:
AMD Athlon II X2 240
4GB ram
Geforce 8400GS