Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Minecraft on MAC, won't run.


  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1

Mjolnir106

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:36 PM

So I've been playing since alpha and its been running great up until now.

My app won't open, I've uninstalled it and cleared every Minecraft file on my computer then reinstalled it hundreds of times and it won't run. Finally i decided to run it from the .jar and it opened with a new starter. Then when i log in I can't open my Inventory or type at all or it freezes and closes.

Please help, what do I do? I really miss playing. Is there something i've overlooked doing?

Register or log in to remove.

#2

malagrond
  • Location: USA

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:57 PM

We'll need a few things from you:

1) Version of OS
2) Graphics card
3) Java Version

GodofCheeses said:

[Ham]  the joke
[Notch]  your head

  [] [Ham]  [Ham]  [Ham] []
[Ham] []  [Notch] []  [Ham]

riiiiiiight over it

SittenSpynne said:

Notch could replace Minecraft.net with goatse tomorrow and never publish an update again; the only legal recourse I have is to shake my fist at the screen.

#3

Mjolnir106

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:51 PM

OS 10.6.7
i think my card is NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
and my java is 13.4.0

#4

Mjolnir106

Posted 08 April 2011 - 01:05 AM

has anyone ever had this problem? or know whats wrong?

#5

Solidsnake

Posted 08 April 2011 - 02:34 AM

Mjolnir106 said:

So I've been playing since alpha and its been running great up until now.

My app won't open, I've uninstalled it and cleared every Minecraft file on my computer then reinstalled it hundreds of times and it won't run. Finally i decided to run it from the .jar and it opened with a new starter. Then when i log in I can't open my Inventory or type at all or it freezes and closes.

Please help, what do I do? I really miss playing. Is there something i've overlooked doing?


It won't run at all?  im running the same java and osx as you and i can run the app but as soon as i open my inventory it crashes.

#6

Mjolnir106

Posted 08 April 2011 - 04:20 AM

Yeah i put it in the bar and click on it, and it bounces and stops. Nothing happens.

#7

ancientmews836

Posted 08 April 2011 - 05:06 AM

ah, i've had this problem before. maybe if you open package contents and check inside the info.plist

it should say this:


JVMVersion
1.5+
JVMArchs

its near the bottom of the list, :tnt:
hope it helps

#8

Mjolnir106

Posted 08 April 2011 - 05:11 PM

ancientmews836 said:

ah, i've had this problem before. maybe if you open package contents and check inside the info.plist

it should say this:


JVMVersion
1.5+
JVMArchs

its near the bottom of the list, :Sheep:
hope it helps

Yeah I opened it up and it was there. The whole thing. I'm not sure whats going on, do I need to change it?

#9

priestcapp

Posted 09 April 2011 - 10:20 AM

Same issue here, anyoneee???

#10

Swompie
    Swompie

    Stone Miner

  • Members
  • 86 posts
  • Location: Germany
  • Minecraft: Swompie

Posted 09 April 2011 - 10:25 AM

Hey, I've had the same problem (it bounced once and closed afterwards) with minecraft a while ago.
Here is what solved the problem for me:

ahefner said:

The bundle doesn't work because some unix file permissions get screwed up as a result of distributing the app bundle inside a zip file (versus, say, a .dmg). You can fix it from the terminal using the chmod command as follows:

chmod +x ~/Downloads/Minecraft.app/Contents/MacOS/JavaApplicationStub

Modify the above command to reflect where you unzipped Minecraft at. This will fix the bundle so that it opens when you click it. Unfortunately I can't confirm that it fixes the sound - I'm new to this, and haven't gotten past the login screen and it telling me I need to play online once before I'm allowed to play offline (I already did, I swear!).


#11

Mjolnir106

Posted 09 April 2011 - 03:05 PM

Swompie said:

Hey, I've had the same problem (it bounced once and closed afterwards) with minecraft a while ago.
Here is what solved the problem for me:

ahefner said:

The bundle doesn't work because some unix file permissions get screwed up as a result of distributing the app bundle inside a zip file (versus, say, a .dmg). You can fix it from the terminal using the chmod command as follows:

chmod +x ~/Downloads/Minecraft.app/Contents/MacOS/JavaApplicationStub

Modify the above command to reflect where you unzipped Minecraft at. This will fix the bundle so that it opens when you click it. Unfortunately I can't confirm that it fixes the sound - I'm new to this, and haven't gotten past the login screen and it telling me I need to play online once before I'm allowed to play offline (I already did, I swear!).

I tried all of that and any combination type. It saying it doesn't exists or something along those lines. Man, I can't seem to figure this out.

#12

Mjolnir106

Posted 11 April 2011 - 01:24 AM

Finally figured it out. It was the chmod thing. I had to dig to it till i was in the folder with the JavaApplicationStub but once I was I just typed in

chmod +x JavaApplicationStub

and it finally worked. Thanks guys.