• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.6.4] The Everything Mod - You say what to do!

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

sxxnx
    sxxnx

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:50 PM

View PostGuswut, on 11 March 2014 - 02:34 PM, said:

I'd suggest that you make sure that you make sure you've got a config file that allows for any aspect of your omnibus mod to be disabled, because your mod is going to be a massive compilation of smaller bits and bobs not specifically designed to interact based on the method of creation.

EDiT: Looks like sxxnx beat me to the punch. Go team Configs Rock!

Now that aside, my mod suggestions would be as follows:
  • A quick deposit function for inventories. This would do a quick sort through the player's inventory, and the target inventory, and if it found the player carrying anything that was in the target inventory it'd move it into the target inventory. Options that it should have would be "Ignore Hotbar", or perhaps a more dynamic way to ignore only specific slots, or specific item IDs.
  • A quick withdraw key for inventories. This would do a quick sort through the player's inventory, and the target inventory, and if it found the target inventory containing anything carried by the player, it'd pull it out of the target inventory. Options that it should have would be "Only Pull To Full Stack" which would only grab a full stack's worth of the stuff instead of all of the items, and perhaps a dynamic way to ignore specific slots, or specific item IDs.
  • Social armor slots, and dye armor slots, per my suggestion for Tinker's Construct: http://www.minecraft...0#entry29240118 . If you do those, and nothing else, I assure you that your mod will become popular. Modifications from that suggestion would likely be you'd want to go with the "tab" version as opposed to the "in-inventory" version, but thankfully the tab version looks the best.

Great minds think alike. =D

Register or log in to remove.

mad_swan
    mad_swan

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:25 PM

View Postsxxnx, on 10 March 2014 - 10:05 PM, said:

Menu's ETC.
Recipe Menu(a graphical layout with all the crafting recipes in, ETC.).

How about something like Easy Crafting Table or the Project Table from Redpower?

Maybe something like the Alloy Furnace (from Redpower too), with the possibility of editing in the config the recipes.

SinisterBro

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:37 PM

View PostiLexiconn, on 11 March 2014 - 03:43 PM, said:

Guys, Can I make this mod for 1.6.4? I can much more with that version Posted Image

Im TOTALLY fine with that :)
Son, I am disapoint

lokiy999
    lokiy999

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 844 posts
  • Minecraft: lokiy999

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:57 PM

View PostSinisterBro, on 11 March 2014 - 06:37 PM, said:

Im TOTALLY fine with that Posted Image
Yup, fine with 1.6.4

GoldenTumbleweed

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:58 PM

Grappling Hook? Wands?

Chronophylos

Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:12 PM

if you leave the dragon egg in the end it will hatch after some time
Posted Image

iHez
    iHez

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:49 PM

I always thought a business type mod would be cool.

Maybe a drop from mobs would be a Order Form, with a customers orders, say like 32 oak planks, 15 cobblestone and 23 stone blocks.

and in return if you collected the blocks, you get some gold nuggets as currency?

which in turn could be used to pay for your own orders, say iron ingots, diamonds, emeralds or just something simple like coloured wool

Felix_3678

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:48 PM

You should make more blocks like the hay bales but with other items. they could be crafted like the diamond/ gold/ iron blocks where the item just fills up all the crafting table.
Here's a list i think would be cool to make: flint, ender pearl, eye of ender, sugarcane, potatoes, carrots, nether wart, sticks, feathers, paper, and all the meats that animals drop and they could be cooked too :D. Also maybe stuff like leather, strings, seeds, flowers and maybe a 1.6.4 slime block? hope you like my idea Posted Image

ArceusFireForme

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:56 PM

I've had this idea for a while, but never knew where to post it.
Item Name- Don't know now, The Ultimate Table or the All-In-One or something.
This item is a bit expensive and requires a few NEW items.
Ultra Crafting Table- Made with eight crafting tables in a square around a diamond (recipe can be changed if you want, diamond might be too expensive). The table allows items to stay in the table without popping out if you exit the GUI. To further the rip-offs to the Tinker's Construct Crafting Table, you can access items from chests within 1 block of the table FROM the table.
Ultra Furnace- Crafted with eight furnaces around one diamond (here the diamond makes sense). Allows you to smelt nine items at once and use half the fuel.
Ultra Brewing Stand- Crafted like this-
BR BS BR
BS NW BS
BR BS BR
BR=Blaze rod, BS= Brewing Stand, NW= Nether wart
The Ultra Brewing Stand allows players to brew with a faster brew time and brew more potions at once. Contains two spots for players to brew and five bottle slots on each side.
Ultra Chest- Crafted like this-
C D C
D EC D
C D C
C= Chest, D=Diamond, EC= Enderchest
Allows twice the storage space of a normal chest and can connect with up to nine other chests. The chests do not have to be connected horizontally, if that's easy enough to code. Like, you could have a 3x3 grid of these chests connected into one MEGA chest. But if you don't add that, it's fine. :P
Ultra Dispenser-
DI DR DI
DI DI DI
DR DI DR
DR= Dropper DI= Dispenser
Allows the player to load items into a 5x5 grid instead of a 3x3 as with normal dispensers. Can switch between dropper mode and dispenser mode.
Ultra Anvil- Crafted like this-
IB A IB
A A A
A IB A
A= Anvil IB= Iron Block
Allows the player to combine two items at a half the enchantment cost.
Ultra Enchantment Table- Crafted like This-
BK BK BK
ET ET ET
BK BK BK
ET= Enchantment Table BK=Bookshelf
Allows the player to enchant at any level without bookshelves. Also allows the player to choose enchantments at a higher XP cost.
Alright... Have I overpowered every GUI item in the game? yeah, I think so.
Now, we get to my main idea! As if all of THIS weren't enough coding!
The Ultra Table sounds better than Ultimate table. Yeah, I'll go with that. ULTRA TABLE IS MY IDEA!
Crafting-
CT FN BS
UC DB UD
UA H UE
CT= Ultra Crafting Table FN= Ultra Furnace BS= Ultra Brewing Stand UC= Ultra chest DB= Diamond Block UD= Ultra Dispenser UA= Ultra Anvil H=Hopper UE= Ultra Enchantment Table
Allows you to choose between GUIS to use different abilities of the different tables!
Crafting, Smelting... All of that stuff.
You get the picture.
Also, during the snapshots, could you put by PLAYERNAME in the item lore to give credit to who had the idea?
If you accept my idea i will be very surprised, everyone has rejected it :D
Don't fail me again *insert darth vader*
thanks for reading!
Posted Image

pmang6
    pmang6

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:07 AM

The Cutlery mod!!
When I say sharpness I am not referring to the enchant
Steel:
Steel is created by putting coal and iron in a crafting table (maybe later on you could add different trace elements into the steel like chromium and vanadium that give it different properties)

Heat treating:
So, this part of the mod is based off of the heat treating and tempering process that is used in actual cutlery where precise control of temperature is required. In real life, the steel is hardened to a very hard state where it is very brittle and then softened or "tempered" a bit to make it more tough and less brittle. There are 2 ways that you could implement this, either make an add-on for a vanilla furnace or a new furnace block altogether. Either way the furnace would now have a GUI that allowed you to control temperature and different temperatures would create different hardnesses (also the higher the temperature the faster coal is burned).
         You would have to put steel ingots in this furnace to "heat treat" them up to say 1500 degrees and a 68 hardness rating and 20 sharpness rating. Again, after heat treating steel is very hard but very brittle (like glass) so if you make a tool with hardened but not tempered steel, it would break instantly. To temper the steel you would put it back in the new furnace but at a much lower temperature like 500 that brings it back to around 60 hardness and 50 sharpness. so, the higher the first temperature is, the higher the sharpness (or efficiency) is but the higher the second temperature is, the higher the durability is (to a certain point of course).

Sharpening:
To sharpen an sword, pick or axe, you would put it on the sharpening stone. The sharpening stone would be a placeable item lie an anvil. The Sharpening Stone would repair the item little by little for each right click. But each time you sharpen, you have a small chance of ruining your item (putting it at wood durability and speed.) Also the sharpening stone brakes after a certain number of uses.

Recipies:
Steel: coal and iron in any configuration

Controllable Furnace:
Ir/Ir/Ir
G/Fr/G
D/Fr/D
D= Diamond G=Gold Ir=Iron Fr=Furnace

Sharpening stone:
Cl/Cl/Cl
W/W/W
Cl=clay w=wood

gruenborg

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:27 AM

Wait, did anyone suggest a Red Dragon? A dragon lair? The lair would have blocks of gold and rubies in it, and the dragon would be asleep until you hit it or broke a block. Did anyone suggest that? No? Ok, then, it's my suggestion.

Enosphorous

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:50 AM

A 'quick stack' option for chests. It would deposit only items that have existing stacks in the chest, so if you have a chest specifically for cobblestone, hitting the button would only deposit the cobblestone.

It's something I've wanted in Minecraft for a while, and I haven't gotten around to making it.

Posted Image

eesabop0326
  • Minecraft: eesabop0326
  • Xbox:Eesabop0326

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:09 AM

This idea for a mod has some real potential! Here are some of my suggestions:

You should add in an ore called Barconium, a purple colored ore (with the lapis lazuli ore texture) which is 50% more rare than iron and generates only in Jungle Biomes. When you mine it, you get one Barconium Gem (it is affected by the Fortune enchantment.) The mining speed is great, the damage is great, but the durability is just less than stone. There is a full set of tools, weapons, and armor (normal crafting recipes, just using barconium), and also a special weapon called a Spinbar. It is a small sword that attacks extremely automatically and makes a loud whirring sound. It has a Barconium Sword in it's recipe. The Spinbar is crafted like so:

BS  R  B                                                                                BS = Barconium Sword
-   BR  -                                                                                R = Redstone                                                
-   BR  -                                                                                B = Barconium
                                                                                             BR = Blaze Rod
Also, I think a good idea would be to add in a couple more ores (along with Barconium) and have each ore have their own set of tools, weapons, and armor, along with their own special item (kinda like how Barconium has a Spinbar.) It is up to you what the specifications of these ores are, because I cant make up my mind about them. I think these ores should be End Aluminum (found in the End), Scopper (more common than iron, and isnt too good), emerald tools, weapons, etc.

However, I think the most important ore integrated into the mod should be Formula RSS, an experimental, extremely dangerous but at the same time amazing ore. It is a type of radioactive waste material that gives you blindness, poison, and nausea within 10 blocks of the ore (unless you are wearing a gas mask (which also gives you night vision), which is made like this:

I  I  I  
R G R
- H -
I = Iron
R = Redstone
H = Hopper
G = Glowstone) Formula RSS can be made into armor, tools, weapons, and most importantly, a Scarlet Radio Rifle. I am not sure what the crafting recipe should be, but anybody can reply/elaborate on my idea. I know this might not be the best idea for part of a mod, but I think it should be integrated in some way.
The beach is on fire!

eesabop0326
  • Minecraft: eesabop0326
  • Xbox:Eesabop0326

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:28 AM

Oh, and another thing, you should add in a mob called the Man Clam, which spawns in any snowy biome. It is a passive mob about the size of the player, acts like an NPC, and has an oddly shaped head (shaped like a clam). You can see 2 beady little eyes inside the head. Their body texture is similar of that to a Tusken Raider from Star Wars, only that their fatigues are white and gray. However, when attacked, Man Clams will viciously attack you with a Scarlet Radio Rifle. They have 20 hit points (the same as the player) and cannot regenerate health. When killed, they will always drop at least 1 iron ingot, have a 50% chance of dropping a Winter Cloak (a piece of armor that goes in the chestplate spot), and a 10% chance of dropping their Scarlet Radio Rifle. They will attack other Man Clams in the area, and are very protective of wildlife. Just an idea :)
The beach is on fire!

0willabusta0
  • Minecraft: willabusta

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:28 AM

The ability to process a bit of sand, netherakk, lava, and iron into redstone  
new skeletons that shoot arrows that when they miss and hit the ground you can pick them up
zombies and skeletons make their dead bodies spawn on the ground(optional)
craft two sticks together to make a fire starter
actual paper that you can write on
a way for iron to rust
[that rust can be combined with redstone to make Thermite a block that looks like a snow layer but when lit on fire will destroy the two blocks below it or it can turn into lava ]
fire makes ash- crafted into charcoal also crafted with sand to make a burnable falling block [could be called "gush" or "volcanic mud or sand]
a way to separate wooden plank blocks into individual planks- crafted into barricades which are like fences but are thinner and more decorative
a way to make glass balls and throw them at enemies [possibly a new potion affect that is shattered glass that make enemies take damage while moving or just the smae as poison just lasts a lot longer]

TheEnlightened

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:39 AM

Basis, make everything in this mod disable-able so I don't have to have anything I don't want.

But I would like colored fire - Craft flint&steel with die, and you get that color of fire, because vanilla fire is really orange, the orange die fire starter, is really really really orange.

IzanamiX

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:43 AM

Terraria like Items, like legendary weapons.
Call me Izanami, Izanamix, IZANATRAILMIX!
I have a server! WinterRPG.net

SinisterBro

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:38 AM

Random question. WIll the mods be forge compat?
Son, I am disapoint

AwesumWulf

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:55 AM

At the end of the modification, when you've decided enough is enough, you should seperate the different modifications and make them into small mini mods or mods.
That should prove useful to lots of people.
Posted Image Ready to work!

Henrieta
    Henrieta

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:09 PM

View PostiLexiconn, on 11 March 2014 - 03:43 PM, said:

Guys, Can I make this mod for 1.6.4? I can much more with that version Posted Image
Even better ^^ Im using everything in 1.6.4 anyway Posted Image
Btw, happy to see, you wanna implement the refining system Posted Image

Another thing I've been thinking of, in case you'd also like to add dimensions, is to combine these with a lvl-up system of the player.
There's no item needed as it could be made with ingame commands (or for those who don't like it, an item then, they can craft alternatively, which shows them their current progress)
Thing is to implement "milestones" on lvl up which activate a hidden power/might (which won't do anything actually but be required to pass the next portal, or if wanted they can increase some stat)
Example: LvL 10 (text message appears)
"Congratulations, you've just hit L10! The hidden talent of the Wanderer now has been activated! 4 talents more and you'll be allowed to pass over to a new world!"
(just as example)

So according to this example, the player would be able to pass the first portal at lvl 50.

As an extra feature he could start there at lvl 1 again, but receive the 50L XP in an item which gives him extra power until that XP is completely consumed (so XP as "energy" used by the item).
So yea, he would pass the portal, go to the new world (new dimension), be lvl 1 again and have that item, filled with the XP.

The item could be sth which allows the player to flight, breath under water and activate night vision, however, XP are consumed while one (or several) of the abilities are active.

So in the new dimension he'd start again, gaining XP AND receive messages (not the same tho as in the overworld).
Like.. instead of "talents" he could receive "powers" now.
(example L10)
"Congratulations, you've just hit L10! The hidden power of Endurance now has been activated! 4 powers more and you'll be allowed to pass over to a new world!"
"Congratulations, you've just hit L20! The hidden power of Honesty now has been activated! 3 powers more and you'll be allowed to pass over to a new world!"

Didn't make a plan about how many dimensions or how they will be or how to make the portals, but yea, thats just another idea :D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image