Are you tired of boring dungeons with even more boring loot?
Do you want more variety in mineshaft and stronghold loot?
Do you wish sometimes you'd get something useful from digging through mounds and mounds of dirt?
Do you wish a chance to recover some of that glass you placed?
Do you want to be able to put torches on the back of stairs?
If the answer to any of these questions was "yes" then SparcsTweaks is the Mod for you.
This is a minimalist mod that only tweaks a few key features of the game to make it a bit more rewarding and exciting.
Download Rev 12 of Sparcs Tweaks for 1.5.2 Here! (non-Forge version)
Forge API compatible version for 1.5.2:
The changes made by this mod are as follows:
- Added a 1% chance of finding a bone when breaking dirt/grass blocks (up to about
50% with Fortune III enchantment)
- Increased chance of finding flint to 12.5% when breaking gravel blocks
- Dungeon spawners are an equal chance of Zombie, Skeleton or Spider (formerly 50%
chance of Zombie spawner)
- Added a 10% chance of recovering a glass when broken (both blocks and
- Added mineshaft loot
- Added items to stronghold loft loot: bow, arrows, and diamond sword
- Added items to stronghold library loot: paintings, blaze rod, ghast tear,
netherwart, glass bottles and netherquartz
- Spider spawners in dungeons carry a 10% chance of being a cave spider spawner
instead of a normal spider
- Dungeons now have a 1/10 chance of having a creeper spawner (approach with
caution... and armor!)
- You can attach torches to the back of stairs (including inverse stairs)
- EnderPearl drops increased by 1 (1-3 normally rather than 0-2)
- Added smelting of rotten flesh into leather
- Water buckets work in the Nether, but lava evaporates water
- Endermen also drop the block they are carrying
- Witch huts contain a chest with random potions and ingredients
- Cave spider spawners in mineshafts reduced by nearly 1/2
- Chicken drop feathers randomly
- increased quantity of items in chest
- Decreased chances of finding a saddle (don't you have enough already?)
- Possible iron stack size doubled
- Wheat stack maximum size increased from 3 to 6 pieces (but still can find more than one stack)
- If found, cocoa beans quantity increased drastically
- Several new items added:
- - gold ingots
- - diamonds
- - lapis
- - red apples
- - bones
- - lightstone dust
- - bow
- - arrows
- - diamond sword
- - books
- - chain armor
- - diamond armor
- - slime balls
- - watermelon seeds
- - pumpkin seeds
- - compass
- - clock
- - chicken eggs
- - 9 more music disks (plus improved chance of finding one)
- - small chance that bow, armor or diamond sword are enchanted
- - random enchanted shovels, axes and pickaxes (wood, stone, gold, iron, diamond)
- - random potions! Includes potions not brewable!
- - Bottles o Enchantment (very rare)
- - Fire charges
- - Emeralds
- - potatoes
- - carrots
- - netherquartz
Mineshaft treasure added:
- - minecarts
- - storage minecarts
- - torches
- - powered rails
- - detector rails
- - smooth stone
- - hoppers
- - hopper carts
- To install, locate your minecraft.jar file.
- It should be at %AppData%\.minecraft\bin (for all Windows users)
- Tip: You can go to Start -&--#62; Run and type in %AppData%\.minecraft\bin to jump straight to this folder
- You should probably copy this file elsewhere in case you want to go back to the original
- Rename the file to add a ".zip" to the end (you may have to change your folder settings to unhide file extensions)
- Open the file in WinZip or whatever compressed utility you use
- Add the class files from this archive to the opened minecraft file (drag and drop usually works)
- The files MANIFEST.MF, MOJANG_C.DSA and MOJANG_C.SF (in the META-INF folder) must be deleted!
- Close the file, saving changes if needed.
- Rename the file back to minecraft.jar and run Minecraft to enjoy the mod!
Individual class file breakdown (in case you want to leave out certain features)
- Q: I found a dungeon but it just had the normal old loot.
- A: If you're playing on a map you started before installing the mod, any dungeons already generated will not be updated - travel to a new area for new loot or start a new map. Also, you may just be unlucky and the dungeon generated just happened to contain only original loot items.
- Q: Can I use this mod with others?
- A: If you load this mod before any other mods, it should remove any compatility issues but conflicting features of this mod will be missing.
- Q: Will this mod work with ModLoader?
- A: I tested it with ModLoader and there are no direct conflicts. It may still conflict with specific mods.
- Q: The game crashes when I try to cook something in a furnace and I can't load that world anymore
- A: You're probably using the standalone version of the mod with Forge installed. Use the Forge version instead.
- Q: I installed this mod and Minecraft just blackscreened right away.
- A: Either another mod is conflicting or you didn't remove the files MANIFEST.MF, MOJANG_C.DSA and MOJANG_C.SF which are in the META-INF folder of the minecraft.jar
Changes in Rev 12:
- Updated to Minecraft 1.5.2
- Fixed a bug that can cause errors when using a Fortune 4 or higher enchantments
Changes in Rev 11:
- Updated to Minecraft 1.5.1
- Added netherquartz to dungeon loot and library loot
- Added hoppers and hopper carts to mineshaft loot
Changes in Rev 10:
- Updated to Minecraft 1.4.6
- Chickens drop feathers randomly without having to kill them
Changes in Rev 9:
- Updated to Minecraft 1.4.4 (also compatible with 1.4.5)
- Added treasure chests to witch huts containing potions and potion ingredients
- Added fire charges, emeralds, potatoes and carrots to dungeons loot
- Reduced cave spider spawners in mineshafts to nearly 1/2
Changes in Rev 8pr:
- Updated to Minecraft 1.4.2 pre-release (no other changes)
- Also works with the official release (Pre-release was identical to the official release)
Changes in Rev7u1:
- Changes to Forge version only
- Requires Forge version 4.2.x or higher
- No longer uses my Forge patch (and is not compatible)
Changes in Rev 7:
- Updated for Minecraft 1.3.2
- When killed, Endermen drop the block they were carrying as an item
Changes in Rev 6:
- Updated for Minecraft 1.3.1
- Water in Nether enabled (a bit buggy, but it works - will continue to work on it)
- Added smelting rotten flesh into leather (cow breeding is tedious at best and now
we need leather for books)
- Dropped sapling tweak
- Torches now work on tops of inverse slabs and stairs in vanilla - tweak no longer
Changes in Rev 5:
- Updated for Minecraft 1.2.5
- No longer need redstone lamp fix
- Increased chances of finding gold apple in dungeon (to balance change of value)
Changes in Rev 4:
- Updated for Minecraft 1.2.3
- Fixed bug where breaking lit Redstone lamps acts as a different item
- Added Bottles 'o Enchanting to dungeon loot (very rare)
- Removed dead bush tweaks - vanilla Minecraft now allows breaking with shears and placing of dead bushes
- Added placing torches on new inverse slabs
- Added +1 to Enderpearl drops. Despite having other uses, they were far to rare to be used for anything but unlocking The End.
Also, they are used in RedPower recipes and possibly other mods also.
Changes in Rev 3:
- Updated for Minecraft 1.1
- Enchanted bows added to dungeon loot
- Slightly increased quantity of treasure in stronghold library and "loft" room
- Fixed bug in glass block and glass pane recovery. Was supposed to be 10%, but was
Changes in Rev 2a:
- Added potions to dungeon loot. This includes potion types not available from
Changes in Rev 2:
- Added enchanted loot to dungeons: a chance that armor or diamond swords are enchanted and random enchanted tools
- Fixed a bug that caused torches to drop off the back of stairs when an item was placed adjacent to the torch
Try my other mod: Animal Tweaks!