Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Redstone Ideas For Adventure Map

redstone yolo ideas adventure map map adventure for help this is

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

ElsmereTheGreat

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:15 PM

Redstone Ideas?Hey guys! I'm working on an Adventure Map (The theme is a infection, not a zombie apocalypse but an infection...(if that explains anything...)) and was wondering if you had any ideas on some cool redstone mechanics I could add?I already have one, its really cool, if you sprint at one point you will get speed, if you jump consistently the second jump you will get jump boost, and sneaking will give you strength (I know a lot of people would want invisibility, but its to OP and if i make the cool down any longer it would glitch).I'm also adding in cut scenes using spectator mode!And if theirs any custom mobs (AKA mob riding mob...) you want me to use please say so...Thanks!Adventure Map trailer will hopefully be out shortly...

POST FOR MAP INFO: Legendary official post

Register or log in to remove.

summerstarz

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:56 PM

You could make power ups,like allowing people to have jump boost at certain moments!

ElsmereTheGreat

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:15 PM

I already did that (paragraph 2)

straubalexander1
  • Minecraft: straubalexander
  • Xbox:Buy me one

Posted 08 March 2014 - 02:11 AM

There's a lot of other redsonte ideas topic already, please read them first.
Anyways, make a player AI(It's possible, but you'l need a lot of redstone! :D)
If I helped you, click this  Posted Image  button! Gives me power!
Click me to support arrows getting into hoppers!

FlazeOfAges
  • Minecraft: FireArceus64

Posted 08 March 2014 - 03:08 AM

It really depends on the type of adventure map you want to create. Eg, if you want a super-hero based map, you'll want to give every player unique powers. If you want to create a horror map, you'll want to include a lot of sound effects and other ominous devices.
Posted Image

SavageGardenMC
  • Minecraft: Gafgarian420

Posted 08 March 2014 - 06:26 AM

Agreed.  People play different version of adventure maps for different reasons.  I'm in the same boat as you in a lot of ways. Our goal is to create a massive multiplayer adventure map through our server.  We constantly are working on new dungeons and extensions of the storyline.  

One thing that we find ourselves running into is the ability to create engaging dungeons without being too repetitive, ie. puzzle -> parkour -> miniboss -> puzzle -> main boss.

The redstone in between is just the juice that makes things happen.  I've found that mapping out some concepts on graph paper first work really well to get your core ideas out of the way and then how you makes things happen comes later.

Posted Image

Click below for more info:

http://www.minecraft...ts-playsg-mcus/

ElsmereTheGreat

Posted 08 March 2014 - 04:28 PM

its an infection map, not zombie apocalypse but more infection...

rtm55982468
  • Minecraft: myguy200

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:51 AM

Well infections usually mean mutations so try something along those lines
Posted Image

FlazeOfAges
  • Minecraft: FireArceus64

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:10 AM

View PostElsmereTheGreat, on 08 March 2014 - 04:28 PM, said:

its an infection map, not zombie apocalypse but more infection...

Just an idea, you could set up a spreading virus (mycelium) and when mobs step on it they mutate into an enemy. You're job as the player is to stop the mutation before it's too late.
Posted Image

straubalexander1

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:30 AM

View PostFlazeOfAges, on 11 March 2014 - 10:10 AM, said:

Just an idea, you could set up a spreading virus (mycelium) and when mobs step on it they mutate into an enemy. You're job as the player is to stop the mutation before it's too late.
That's a nice idea :D

ElsmereTheGreat

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:26 PM

thanks

straubalexander1

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:49 PM

How about a water infection map. There will always be more water and then if the player touches the water they will be infected.
PS:It's possible :D

ElsmereTheGreat

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:42 PM

I probably will use it, but it will poison the player instead or infecting them...
I have the story set out i more am looking towards game play features... like: Super sprint(sprint enough you get speed), Slow crouch(when you crouch for awhile enemies around you will get slowness)...

Things like that...

UPDATE:
I have run into an issue with double jump, it has been working properly but it is very buggy. i have tried fixing multiple time but there is no way around it...  In which case it will not participate in this adventure map, but might be in the second if new snapshots fix it(i highly doubt it though)...

I'm very sorry, i as most looking forward to it, and i'm, sure allot of you were to...
I have also changed strength from crouching, to slowing down enemies... thank you very much...

:D

ElsmereTheGreat

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:42 AM

Please go and check out the NEW forum for the adventure map instead of just the redstone: CLICK ME

ElsmereTheGreat

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:49 PM

NEW FEATURE: Kits, money & weapon slots!