• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

How to play others custom maps in multiplayer.

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Raigar360

Posted 05 April 2011 - 09:35 PM

Hello.

Me and some friends are looking to play some custom maps that people have created for some time off from our normal server.

If anyone can post here a tutorial about how to do it or link me to another post about it please do, i'll be very grateful.

Thanks!

Register or log in to remove.

khashai
    khashai

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 955 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 09:41 PM

The instructions I am providing are for Windows Vista and 7. If you are on any other operating system, the file locations will be different.

Go to Start. On the search bar, type Run. Open Run.

Type '%appdata\' (without the quotes). Click Ok.

Go to .minecraft then to saves

Move the file folder containing the save game you want to play into this directory. Name the folder whatever you want.

Start Minecraft. If all went well, you will see this new map in your maps directory.

CrazySandwich

Posted 05 April 2011 - 09:47 PM

khashai said:

The instructions I am providing are for Windows Vista and 7. If you are on any other operating system, the file locations will be different.

Go to Start. On the search bar, type Run. Open Run.

Type '%appdata\' (without the quotes). Click Ok.

Go to .minecraft then to saves

Move the file folder containing the save game you want to play into this directory. Name the folder whatever you want.

Start Minecraft. If all went well, you will see this new map in your maps directory.

Wheres the map directory?

http://sstrp.freeforums.org

Come and join us for Starship Troopers Roleplay!

Raigar360

Posted 05 April 2011 - 09:49 PM

Thats for single player which i understand how to do, i'm looking for the instructions on how to do this
for putting a custom map into a multiplayer server.

Ryanpatton

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:41 PM

go to your appdata folder as stated above..copy it and paste it on your desktop. rename it to 'world' (without quote) then put it into your server's folder. if you have another world in there already be sure to rename it first unless you want to get rid of it.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

I want to see stuff added to Minecraft now!!

XxsnakexX

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:28 PM

can eneyone tell me how to play a custom map with a friend?
Posted Image

arthion123
  • Minecraft: arthion123

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:43 AM

is it %appdata/ or %appdata% its very important to mention that
i have no idea at all how to do this! so plz write back i realy wanna get custommaps!  :(

mylittlespagett

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:57 PM

View Postarthion123, on 28 July 2011 - 10:43 AM, said:

i have no idea at all how to do this! so plz write back i realy wanna get custommaps!  :(

it is %appdata%

xxxx123308
  • Minecraft: xxxx1233078

Posted 17 October 2011 - 07:37 PM

View Postarthion123, on 28 July 2011 - 10:43 AM, said:

i kn how to do it
xxxx1233078 is teh epic player

Lynx
    Lynx

Retired Gandalf

• Retired Staff
  • 1065 posts
  • Minecraft: demonic__Angel

Posted 17 October 2011 - 07:47 PM

Well, there is actually a quite easy way to accomplish this. Simply download the world you want, it should be in .zip format. Open up the zip file, and copy the folder with the worlds name that contains the contents such as region data, etc. Once copied, go into your server directory, delete the default 'world' folder and paste the world folder you copied earlier into your server directory, replacing the world folder 'world' that was already there.All you have to do after that is restart the server! Hope this helped. I offer support for all things minecraft servers so if you need anything, feel free to pm me on here, on youtube (dangel875) or email me at [email protected], for the fastest response, email is the way to go.

Lynx
    Lynx

Retired Gandalf

• Retired Staff
  • 1065 posts
  • Minecraft: demonic__Angel

Posted 17 October 2011 - 07:51 PM

Oh and if you want to take a break from the current world and go to the downloaded worlds, simply backup the current world folder in the server directory in an easy place like the desktop before going through the process I explained in my previous post. When done exploring the custom map, just delete it and put the old world folder back in and restart!
Also, if you are hosting a server with a server host such as servercraft, you can send them a support ticket containing the .zip file of the custom map and they will get the map set up on your server.

meh12345hey

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:35 AM

View PostRaigar360, on 05 April 2011 - 09:49 PM, said:

Thats for single player which i understand how to do, i'm looking for the instructions on how to do this
for putting a custom map into a multiplayer server.
go to your server folder, insert the file, and then go into the server.properties file and change the world name to what ever the map is called.

View Postxxxx123308, on 17 October 2011 - 07:37 PM, said:

i kn how to do it
hit windows sign + r

View PostXxsnakexX, on 22 July 2011 - 06:28 PM, said:

can eneyone tell me how to play a custom map with a friend?
server? honestly, there is single player and multiplayer servers

JOHNDeereman815

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:39 AM

for multiplayer you download a map make a save on singleplayer by going into saves %appdata% .minecraft
then saves make a new folder and  paste the custom map files in it then copy that folder and paste it in your server folder delete the world folder and replace it with the custom map folder that you just copied then run the server starter it works with any type of server

Rolnt
    Rolnt

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Minecraft: Rolnt

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:33 AM

PLZ TELL HOW TO PLAY CUSTOM MAPS MULTIPLAYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

TheOrange123
  • Minecraft: TheOrange00

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:23 PM

View PostRolnt, on 10 April 2012 - 08:33 AM, said:

PLZ TELL HOW TO PLAY CUSTOM MAPS MULTIPLAYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

Did you bother reading the comments above you? You should.

under_World_Assassin
  • Minecraft: Purple_Xnomorph

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:19 AM

When I put my world file in my server automatically creates an new world and playss that one instead of the downloaded one. What should I do?

I tryed renaming the world to the one set in my server.properties
Posted Image Help it.....

thenarutards

Posted 01 June 2012 - 04:50 AM

I wanna know a server with a custom map on it and the ip Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image