• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Minecraft is too easy?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

JonezGames

Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:50 AM

In my opnion, and maybe many people think that Minecraft is too easy and is getting easier.

I have few suggestions to make Minecraft more challening:

First of all, when you start a new world the game would ask you witch difficulty setting you want and you couldn't change it anymore in that map(it would of course ask the same with the older maps when loaded)

2. A new difficulty setting: Hardcore. Means when dead, world will be automatically deleted.(This was discussed before by notch, if I remember correctly)

3. Wolves, witch was supposed to be rare would be much rarer so you can't simply get an army of allies to help(different difficulty setting could effect their rarity)

4. Coal, gold, iron, diamond, and all of the minerals are too easy to find, difficulty settings would also effect their rarity.

5.(not so necessary) Food Is too easy to get like from pigs. It maybe would be better to have some wild animals like elks, mooses or something what could run away from you that you need to hunt with bow. Also big's meat gives you too much healt, it could be better to get more healt from an animal that are more harder to kill. (Like something hard to hunt, fast like elk's meat would give half a bar and something strong and dangerous like bear's meat would give maybe full bar)

6. A hungry meter. Something what Minecraft as a survival game(kind a) need. (It maybe would be disabled on peacefull. This was also discussed by notch)

Theres some of the suggestions to make Minecraft more challening.
(of course there would be still the easier difficulty settings to effect most of these suggestions if some people like the game to be easy/easier)

Send other suggestions to this thread, if you have any ideas how to make the game more challening.

Register or log in to remove.

dawgbot44

Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:54 AM

Did you just say diamond is easy to find?This stuff has beensuggested before and I personally think Minecraft is quite challenging in hard mode when you dont spend all your time in a shelter.Also there is a mod for hunger and whatnot,so please search before you suggest these things.K?

Posted Image

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree."

Martin Luther

RiotMaster51

Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:56 AM

Most of this can be done on your own, except for the wolves. I find that they are extremely rare. Everytime so far, I didn't have a bone ready. The beauty of having a sandbox game is that you can do what you want, following your own rules.

JonezGames

Posted 05 April 2011 - 01:15 AM

I dont like using mods. I like to keep the game original.

And the difficulty settings only sets the difficulty for mobs, witch isn't enough.

It is too easy to find almost everything. It would be a good thing for minerals rarity to be adjusted by difficulty setting. (maybe for wolves too, because i have now 8 of them and keep seeing more. Yes they are rarer than normal animals, but still no rare)

And for the hungrymeter, it adds more use for food that just healing. And the meter could be turned off too.(this option could be turned off at the start of the new world and never be changed again, like in those difficulty settings)

KarkasmolenKlok

Posted 05 April 2011 - 01:39 AM

If you want a challenge, stop using torches.

THAT'S a challenge.
Posted Image

JonezGames

Posted 05 April 2011 - 01:39 AM

The whole point was that the game gets boring too quicky as you can find all the minerals like in a day or two.
And I just started a new world something about a week ago, and I already have all the minerals, food for years for nothing to waste for as I hardly take damage on those easy mobs. It would keep the interest up if you had to look for something for some time, not just to find it easily.

Tim_Fragmagnet
  • Minecraft: Fragmagnet

Posted 05 April 2011 - 04:17 AM

Adding a realistic difficulty would keep me playing for days on end.

I miss being an iron miner. :SSSS:

Carpe_nox

Posted 05 April 2011 - 04:25 AM

RiotMaster51 said:

Most of this can be done on your own, except for the wolves. I find that they are extremely rare.

I only found one, and he gliched and bit a  :D :(
SCROLL DOWN NOW!
SUPPORT HELLHOUNDS
Ph'nglui Mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

BC_Programming said:

[Irrelevant post about bear mating rituals]
Posted Image

Posted Image

yoshi9048

Posted 05 April 2011 - 04:29 AM

KarkasmolenKlok said:

If you want a challenge, stop using torches.

THAT'S a challenge.

For the no-torch challenge, is this no illumination period? Can we use torch products like jack-o-lanterns? Or is it no outside illumination?
Posted Image

Bu
    Bu

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:29 AM

All you suggested was pussy shit.

How about on Hardcore mode, if you take any damage, you die, and you don't respawn back ever.

There. That's all the difficulty you need.

Unless you are too pussy to handle that of course...

Ygdrasel said:

Welcome to the forums, by the way. I'll be your brutally honest dream-crushing critic for...Well, your entire stay. ;) So make your ideas good ones. [Diamond]

Shitlist: Krypton and LeDutchGuy

dogi501
    dogi501

Carpenter

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:54 AM

Well you dont like it go install a mod to add difficulty
and the reason ou are finding minecraft boring is because when it gets boring you either:

A) go play on a server
or
;) install some mods to shake things up

but if you are worried about downloading a mod (you think it may steal your password)
do these things
Make sure it doesnt have bad ratings
or
download a popular mod
Insert coin to view this users signature

Jin111
    Jin111

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 11:37 AM

I totally agree with this topic.

First of all i really hate games that have an ingame difficulty slider. I know that i don't have to touch it in-game at all, after setting it to hard. But the problem is that you have the option. "OMG OMG I'M IN TROUBLE!!!" *sliding to easy* "PHEEEW made it" *sliding to hard* "LOOK EVERYBODY I'M PLAYING ON HARD" (i would never slide it to easy myself, but i hate that everyone have the option)

Yes if you want stuff that gives more health, you should work harder for it.(the hunting example was nice)

If the hungry meter became a reality, perhaps you could only eat when actually being hungry (unable to get health from food sources when not hungry). This would force you to play even more safe.

Anyway i agree.

GameLag
    GameLag

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 768 posts
  • Minecraft: GameLag

Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:55 PM

Play blindfolded. Thats how all us hardcore players in Orsa Novus Aevum roll.
Peace lies only in death. Happiness only in life.